March 2017 Moms
Options

Randoms 3/20!

2»

Re: Randoms 3/20!

• Options
    My husbandcdecided 9pm was the time to pour half a bottle of draino in our master bathroom sink.
    "Um, babe?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Did you just pour Draino in our sink?"
    "Yeah, I've been meaning to do it all week."
    "So you did it at 9pm? Right when baby and I are going to bed?" 
    Cue blank stare.
    "Draino is not so good for babies to inhale." (or me for that matter.) 

FML
    Now I'm sitting in the living room waiting for that awful awful smell to disperse, knowing it won't for a long time because said bathroom has no window. :( All I want to do is sleep!

Who decides bedtime is a good time to fill your bedroom with noxious fumes????
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 weeks PP and my wedding rings still don't fit. I took them off right before Christmas because they were feeling awfully tight and put them in a safe. Today was the first time I tried to put them back on again and they literally wouldn't fit over my knuckle. I ugly cried for 10 minutes over it into my DDs perfect sleeping head. 
  • Options
    sooo those of you who are PP - what is working for you in terms of protection against bleeding. I haven't bought pads since junior high and I have no idea what is a good brand, and assuming I should be getting MAXIMUM level absorbancy. Are some of you using depends overnight? What's been the most comfortable for you? 
  • Options
    @jenny0228 I was using the depends re hospital gave me for probably the first 3? days after we got home. I had some depends diapers my SIL had leftover and gave me. Those both worked fine just bulky. About 6 or 7 days pp I switched to regular pads (always brand) with just the moderate flow absorbency. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jenny0228 u by kotex is my favorite... Works much better than always for me. They heavy and overnight with wings were what I used after the first week.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @jenny0228 I am FTM and had c-section but can tell you that I was pleasantly surprised by how manageable the bleeding has been.  I bought 2 things of max absorbency overnight and daytime always ultra thins & they are way more pad than I have needed even since day 2 PP.  I have started using regular absorbency pads with no issues as of day 5PP (could have sooner but was just using them because they are long and I was tot sure I would have no leakag.  

I would buy a very small pack of heavy absorbency pads for overnight and then regular pads for day.  This plus hospital pads will be plenty.  I actually texted by pregnant friend this morning and told her not to buy pads I would give her all my extras!  
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    jenny0228 said:
    sooo those of you who are PP - what is working for you in terms of protection against bleeding. I haven't bought pads since junior high and I have no idea what is a good brand, and assuming I should be getting MAXIMUM level absorbancy. Are some of you using depends overnight? What's been the most comfortable for you? 
    The cheapest brand of overnight pads I found at target :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had more bleeding than many others...I've gone through two large packs of overnight pads and am work8bg a a large pack of regulars now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had more bleeding than many others...I've gone through two large packs of overnight pads and am work8bg a a large pack of regulars now.
    :(. How has it been the past days? Still heavy and clotting? 
  • Options
    I was due 3/24 but not even slightly dilated :( , I'm scheduled for induction on 3/29.  I'm nervous about the process and really want him to come on his own but sooo ready for baby to get here
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thinking of all you still pregnant mamas. I'm sure it's annoying to see all of the beginning of the month mamas with our outside babies. (I know because that's exactly how I felt being the last of the February moms to give birth) The end is so close in sight! Stay positive_its the best medicine! Hugs!
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Actually no! With the cold that hit our family, my two year old had been pretty content to lie or sit with me all day. Four days of solid rest and I think I'm where I should be: times with no spotting at all interspersed with a light flow of brown blood. I'm so relieved. I'm planning to take the kids to the library and chick fil a tomorrow as an experiment to see if I'm ready to be more active. 

Thanks for asking :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    April 1 would be SUCH a fun birthday!
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    Actually no! With the cold that hit our family, my two year old had been pretty content to lie or sit with me all day. Four days of solid rest and I think I'm where I should be: times with no spotting at all interspersed with a light flow of brown blood. I'm so relieved. I'm planning to take the kids to the library and chick fil a tomorrow as an experiment to see if I'm ready to be more active. 

Thanks for asking :)
    Oh good!! I'm still sorry you all have been sick//but so glad that it at least brought the opportunity for you to sit still and heal! 
    Hope chick-Fil-A library outing was successful!
  • Options
    Once all the March babies are here, I know it'll probably die down even more here on the Bump. :( But anyone have ideas for new weekly threads for outside babes, or threads we should keep going, for those of us that plan to stick around? 
  • Options
    I like the weekly baby check ins, ask a STM, postpartum issues and questions, nursing and bottle feeding support, maybe a weekly "older siblings" check in? I know I personally like to discuss sibling interactions with other moms of multiples! 
  • Options
    Sounds good!!
    Sorry guys-I totally added this on the old thread. Oops!
  • Options
    Sleep thread! Tricks about getting lo to sleep lol.. I'm not desperate or anything ....