Options

Monday Ticker Change 3/27

1. How far along are you?

2. How big is baby?

3. Team pink, blue or green?

4. Appts this week?

5. Symptoms?

6. Rants/Raves?

7. What have you done to prepare for baby the past week?

8. Are you feeling ready? (mentally, physically, etc)

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.

Re: Monday Ticker Change 3/27

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HGRich, I always shower once my water breaks or surges begin and labor is starting. My routine is force myself to eat something in case of a long exhausting labor (yogurt and fruit once, oatmeal and fruit the other time), force myself to poop so I don't poop during birth (so far this has worked!) then a relaxing shower including shaving my legs. SO that way I don't really have to think about it until the last second.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Options
    @M&Max can you post a picture of the trendy timber sign? I love all their stuff! 
  • Options
    @mwoodside that's a really nice idea. Especially the eating and showering. I do hope I'm home when I go into labor so I can just calmly get ready to go. 
  • Options
    @M&Max it is awesome!! I love the colors and fonts you picked
  • Options
    That sign is super cute!

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Options
    I hope you can read between the auto words in that post. 
  • Options
    I hope you can read between the auto words in that post. 
  • Options

1. How far along are you? 38 weeks

2. How big is baby? Winter Melon/Swiss Chard

3. Team pink, blue or green? Pink, Harper Elaine

4. Appts this week? Sizing Ultrasound tomorrow morning, and a visit with the Midwife on Friday.

5. Symptoms? Pelvic pressure and low back pain. It feels like I'm about to start my period! What's that all about?

6. Rants/Raves? The crib (and dresser) was supposed to be delivered 2 weeks ago, but the store called to say they got the wrong one in (same style and color, but without an added feature of 3 upholstered inserts), and could have the right one in a week. Now they say it will be several more weeks, but they aren't sure. Although it doesn't make much sense, they are going to deliver and set up the wrong crib until they can get the right one in. I feel a bit irrational having the wrong crib delivered. I know we've got time, and she won't be sleeping in her crib for the first few weeks. But without the big things in the room, the nursery is just a bunch of piles of decorations and clothes. I really thought we'd be all set by now.

7. What have you done to prepare for baby the past week? We picked up the rocking chair, installed the car seats, set up the bassinet and changing station in our room, set up the pack n play in the living room, and put together the bouncer. Once we get the crib we can put her decorations on the wall and put away her clothes so we can organize the closet a little better.

8. Are you feeling ready? (mentally, physically, etc). I feel mostly ready at home, if she were to come tomorrow, it wouldn't be a big deal that the decorations aren't on the wall. However, I don't feel ready at work, but I'm getting there. I'm really learning to let go, and I think it will help me in the future, but man is it hard!

• Options
    M&MaxM&Max member
    @BecNJake that is so sweet of your DH! Such a great surprise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker