March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-in: 3/20

1: How many weeks or days left to go / weeks or days post-partum?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: What is your "specialty" if you were to cook a meal? Do you have a dish or type of food that you love to cook and knock it out of the park?

8: challenge chatter---> I lost track of the tricep dips, maybe time to start thinking about a post-partum challenge 

Re: Fit Mama Check-in: 3/20

• 1: 2 1/2wks PP
    ? REST! And figure out where this vertigo is coming from ((if I hadn't mentioned it here:)) ever since coming home from delivery I have awful vertigo! It's so frustrating and discouraging! Trying to keep my positive mindset about it-but it's hard not to feel like "what if" I'm stuck with this forever.  Headed to the chiropractor in an hour to see if he can help. 

3: How was last week? DH worked a "late shift" 1pm-9pm from home - so I only had solo kid duty for half the day which was a nice way to ease into things

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? See Q2

7: GTKY: Whenever ppl ask me to bring something somewhere I always make dessert! I've always loved baking - the more complex the recipe the more fun!  

But as far as cooking goes : My go-to's are making hearty homey stuff -- pot pies, chicken noodle soup, beef stew, chili. 

8---im so excited about postpartum! Really hope the dizziness goes away before 6wks hits so it doesn't effect being able to workout :( I'm ready for a Mommy Ab challenge!! Wanna get this tubby tummy gone!

Especially thinking about you @jenny0228  @serenity13 as you wrap up the final weeks of your fit pregnancies! You're both amazing-stay positive! Keep up the great work! 

• Happy Monday Mamas! Hope all the outside babies and new moms are doing great and feeling better each day! 

1: How many weeks or days left to go / weeks or days post-partum
    ? 39 weeks tomorrow, 8 days left till EDD!

? 2-3 workouts inside (one down this morning!), squats, some stretching and light strength moves, and some walks outside. No more crossfit til after baby. I've said that before, haha but this time I mean it! 

3: How was last week? I went to crossfit on Monday, then did one workout circuit inside, and went for 2 walks. I also washed the dog with DH which I must say was a workout in and of itself! 

? Just waiting for the labor challenge! 

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! Trying to be good to myself, letting myself rest, and letting DH do more and more, I typically would not even let him bring me a glass of water if I was sitting down, because I felt like getting up and moving was a good thing, but at this point, yes bring me the water, unload the dishwasher, do the laundry! 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Random: I'm SO READY to have this baby! After Friday's hospital visit and contractions, I felt like things were progressing, I was having contractions each say, steadily increasing in intensity. Now for the past couple of days.. nothing. Still tightness but I haven't felt the same type of crampy contractions as I did Friday and Saturday. I will learn on Wednesday at my appt what day they will schedule the induction for if I don't go into labor before then. 

7: GTKY: What is your "specialty" if you were to cook a meal? Do you have a dish or type of food that you love to cook and knock it out of the park? I make a mean homemade macaroni and cheese. There is a time and place for it, because it's rich and I don't make any "healthy" substitutes. So I make it only a couple times a year. My view on foods like this is that you either eat them, or you don't. Low fat, healthy macaroni and cheese sounds like an oxymoron to me. I use 4 types of cheese, it has crispy breadcrumbs on top, and I always make a side of healthy sauteed greens on the side to offset the cheese factor. I have to say - it's pretty good and most people go crazy for it. Looking forward to post-partum days where I can workout hard enough to feel like I earned a meal like that. It's all about balance, right?? ;)

8: challenge chatter---> I lost track of the tricep dips, maybe time to start thinking about a post-partum challenge? Any of you outside-baby ladies/STMs have any ideas on what might be good to start with? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kjd291 good luck at the chiropractor today - I hope they have some solutions for your vertigo. I'm so sorry to hear you're still dealing with this. Sending you prayers that it will resolve itself soon!! 

Also an ab challenge sounds like a great way to get back into PP workouts! 
  • @jenny0228 that Mac and cheese sounds amazing! And don't worry!! Even before PP workouts begin you'll definitely be able to chow down on some carbs and cheese! Postpartum recovery is no joke -- feels likeI need to eat twice what I was eating pregnant!! 
  • @kjd291 I feel so bad you're dealing with vertigo & really hope the visit to the chiropractor helped today! Sending prayers you'll get some answers & relief very soon!!

@jenny0228 I feel the same about being so ready for Baby to come!! And I agree, reading about your mac & cheese made me so hungry for it, it sounds awesome! 

? 39 weeks tomorrow!!!!! I've been predicting the 21st all along so hoping he'll come tomorrow! ;)

? Become a mom! I've been doing yoga videos specifically geared toward birth preparation/labor the last several days (just did one now) and if baby stays put a few more days I'm hoping to do a video a day until he comes.

3: How was last week? Good - got in 4 or 5 days of yoga, some shoveling, and lots of cleaning that felt like a workout. Everything feels like a workout now, even walking my dog on the loop around our neighborhood is becoming a struggle and makes me out of breath.

? #3 above, I'm finding I'm so short of breath anymore and little things are getting harder.

! Chocolate frozen yogurt! MmmmMmmmMmmm I ate 2/3rds of a carton yesterday and plan to finish it tonight lol at this point I'm not caring too much about the carbs/sugar since I know the end is so close! I'm going to take an Epsom salt bath soon too and then do my hair nice because I know after baby comes it'll be back to lazy hair being pulled up in messy buns all the time!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? DH and I learned a little bit about the zodiac signs the other night and discovered Baby will be an Aries, right in between my sign and DH's. Neither one of us is big on astrology or ever really learned about what our "signs" meant but they actually fit us pretty well - especially DH being a Taurus, he fits the description to a T. 

7: GTKY: What is your "specialty" if you were to cook a meal? Do you have a dish or type of food that you love to cook and knock it out of the park? I'm not that great of a cook and don't have a specialty but I do make a really good cornbread that's almost more of a dessert and I love cooking roasted veggies of all types, pairing different seasonings with different vegetables...also love to bake but I can't even remember the last time I actually baked anything haha. 

8: challenge chatter---> I lost track of the tricep dips, maybe time to start thinking about a post-partum challenge Yes to an ab challenge!! I'm creeping up to 50 lb gained, feeling like it's almost all in my belly so I know it'll be my main focus area after I'm able to workout again.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow for you! I have also been making a "hair effort" lately, haha knowing soon it will be the last thing on my mind! As for astrology, I have always found it so interesting- I am SUCH a Pisces and I hoped LO would come early enough to fall under the same sign but early Aries are some of my very favorite people- I am so excited to learn if my little guy's personality fits his sign! 

Would you mind mind sharing a couple of those yoga videos? They sound great! I have been sitting on my birth ball today and doing some moves but want to do everything I can to encourage labor to start! 

I might make and freeze some Mac and cheese tomorrow--- might be a good PP treat for DH and I in a few weeks! 
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited March 2017
    @jenny0228 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you too!!! Here are the ones that I did yesterday & today:
     https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7TgxLYsaU5A 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w6P_EElAgbA
    They're pretty easy since they're for the last few weeks & more about breathing, stretching, & relaxation - the ones I was doing prior to this last week have been more for 2nd trimester/early 3rd but I'm gonna stick to ones like these from here on out. I started using an exercise/birth ball more also, I like it! Planning to bring it to the hospital hopefully too. I've noticed my back pain has been pretty much nonexistent since I've been doing yoga nearly every day the last several weeks, the only pains I have now are in my ribs from baby's feet & the pelvic pressure at times. I swear he drops a little farther down every day!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 39 weeks Jenny!!!! Our babies are full term wooohooo!!!! :)
    So I've weighed/measured myself each Tuesday morning throughout this pregnancy & tracking things on a spreadsheet, and was a bit shocked this morning when the # dropped 3 lb from the number last week....I've heard that a lot of women do lose a bit of weight before labor starts but am curious if any of you ladies noticed a drop before you had your babies & if you did maybe how many days before? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • YAY!! Happy full term day!! Here's hoping we don't make it to 40 weeks!! ;) 
    I'm going to try one of your yoga videos today then a nice long walk! 

• HI mamas!! I've been thinking about yall! Sorry for the mia-ness. Just two days after our little lady was born DS got the stomach bug.. again. It was a pure and intense survival mode around here! 

THEN DH took a new supplement without eating and didn't work out... He was super sick for a full day (I was so mad at his self inflicted incapacitation) But I got my first taste of solo parenting two. WHEW!

In other news we have picked a name... just can't decide on the spelling of Baby Girls name.

Emelynn Jane
    Emilyn Jane
    Emilynn Jane

Thoughts?

I've tried to add photos both on the app and on Web and it always fails :-( Maybe I need to bust out the laptop.

serenity13 & jenny0228 yeah for full term!!

@jenny0228 it's awesome that you are resting and letting DH help you! Good to ease yourself into prepared baby bc the more you lean on him pp the faster you will recover! 

@kjd291 I'm so sorry to hear about your vertigo. Hope the Chiro appt went well and helps!!

?

5 day pp

?

Stay off my feet as much as possible. I really notice a differencein my bleeding when I'm on my feet too long. I really want to take advantage of DH''s time off so that I can hopefully recover asap.

3: How was last week?

Had a baby!!! <3 I felt so strong, so confident (most of the time lol) 

?

again ladies pay attention to your rest and recovery!!! With DS I felt.like a rock star and I rarely was off my feet (bc I felt so great!) Well I bled for 2 months...  I nwvwe put 2 and 2 together. My midwife explained to me that the size of the placenta is pretty much the size of the wound that needs to heal in your body. Which.. makes So Much sense. If I'm off my feet for a half day then my bleeding is almost non existent. The other half of the day if I let chores take.more of my time that it should again.. I notice. Each mama is different of but I thought I would share my experience.

!

Eating everything!!! Nursing hunger is no joke. So I'm allowing myself the 10 days that DH is home to eat whatever whenever. By then I know it will level out a bit and all then ALL sugar is out!

7: GTKY: What is your "specialty" if you were to cook a meal? Do you have a dish or type of food that you love to cook and knock it out of the park?

Like @kjd291 I LOVE a complicated beautiful dessert but haven't baked much in the last couple years unless going to a frinds house.

Otherwise I guess I'd say my Chili... I've won three competitions/cook offs!  :-)

8: challenge chatter---> I lost track of the tricep dips, maybe time to start thinking about a post-partum challenge 

I'm in for anything!!!
  • @vino831 WOW certainly sounds like you had to operate in survival mode just as your little lady was joining you! That's a lot to deal with as well as a newborn! But congratulations on your home birth- so glad to hear you felt so strong during your labor!! Love her name! I like your first spelling- you don't see the name "Emily" first and I think it makes a nicer flow- maybe easier for people to understand how to pronounce? It's so unique and pretty!! Hope you are feeling better each day!
  • @vino831 I read something yesterday (and posted about it in the randoms thread) that talked about how the first few days after delivery are the most important for recovery & I definitely agree with you on the importance of resting as much as possible, hope you're able to do that & hope your new LO is doing well too! I also like the first spelling best or even Emelyn - beautiful name! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just had my last OB appt. Midwife said that the cervical check showed soft but closed. My induction is scheduled for a week from today, next Wednesday 3/29 at 7p. Going to focus on baby coming before that and going to start some RRL tea today. And DH agreed to help out, too. ;) 

Loving your yoga videos @serenity13, going to try to alternate them each day! 
  • Here she is! Miss Emilynn Jane! 

• @vino831 she is gorgeous! Just read your birth story too, SO amazing!!

Hope all you new mamas are feeling good!

@kjd291 love that you have your 5k countdown going! Your littles are so cute together! 

• oh my gosh @kjd291 seeing your older one with her new sister is making me already want a second baby lol they're adorable!!! I hope the vertigo is on the way out for good and good for you already counting down to your next 5k!!

@vino831 awww!!! She is perfect! and I love the spelling you chose, all of them were great choices so you really couldn't go wrong - I mentioned on the name thread what seems like ages ago before we knew we were having a boy or a girl how Emily (I liked the spelling Emileigh best) was always my favorite name for a girl but was worried it had become too popular but Emilynn is even prettier and even though it's unique it still sounds very classic!

My stomach has felt so tight and hard since late last night, not sure why but I have my next appt this afternoon and hoping to get another cervix check also...fingers crossed it'll be my last appointment before he comes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vino831 awww, she is too cute!! 

Still have the rocking/dizziness. Trying to get in to see a doc next week. I hate how long and dragged out doctors offices make these things! It'll probably resolve on its own by the time I make it in there 
  • Hi Everyone!
    Sorry I've been so MIA... this nursing / mommying thing takes up a lot more time & energy then I had anticipated. I keep track of nursing through an app and am shocked to see that Evie nurses 6-7hrs per day... I'm also surprised by how physically drained I feel from nursing. Having her in my arms for more than 30min puts me to sleep. It's crazy and a bit unexpected. I've been trying to stay on top of my food and water and sleep... and when I do, it helps, but when I don't, OH BOY.... I don't remember ever feeling so tired!!!

@vino831 Thanks for sharing a pic of your sweet Emilynn. She's a beauty!!! 

@kjd291 Love that pic of your DDs... so precious!!! Is Big Sister loving her new role?? :)

&jenny0228 & @serenity13 ... continuing to think of you guys!! These last few weeks before Baby arrives are so hard!!!!! But before you know it, Baby will be here!!!!!!

PS... God worked a huge miracle in our lives... the day Evie was born my Hubby's daughter reached out to him asking for a picture of her new baby sis. He sent it to her... she called him. She said she wanted to meet her... that she didn't want to be angry anymore... that she missed us.... that she wanted to be a big sister Evie could look up to. She also spoke to me for about 20min. That was the first time we've spoken since mid-July. She also came over Friday night and spent the night. And came over yesterday during her lunch break. It's amazing. So amazing. I am so so so happy for my Hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last thing... pic of Evie yesterday... her 1 week birthday!!! 
  • jenny0228jenny0228 member
    edited March 2017
    @triwellnessgirl I am SO glad to hear your step daughter came around!! That is wonderful news, you must be feeling so relieved and I'm sure your husband is too! Love seeing pics of your cutie!!  Thanks for the thoughts - I'm hanging in there over here.... it helps to know there is an end in sight next Wednesday but I'm reeeeeeeally hoping my body will get going sooner than that! 

@kjd291 sorry to hear about the continued dizziness. I hope you can get in soon to get checked out and get some solid answers. 

Got 2 workouts, 1 yoga video and a 2.5mi walk in so far this week. Feeling lots of pressure and my belly feels sooo heavy and tight. Gonna do some meditation this afternoon. And DH and I are going out for dinner tonight! 

I feel like I've been pregnant for 2 years since the entire year+ before I got my positive results I was in IVF cycles under my RE's supervision, so I was always at the doctor multiple times a week getting my blood drawn, getting ultrasounds, monitoring my medications, looking for symptoms. It occurred to me today that my RE originally told me I had less than a 10% chance of having a baby, since I was born with very few eggs to begin with. But here I am counting down the days til my healthy little guy is out in the world and I'm SOOO very grateful and feeling a bit emotional about it all today!! Miracles definitely happen! 
  • @triwellnessgirl praise God! I am so overjoyed to read that update!! <3 
    and new mom-hood is definitely exhausting-keeping focusing on taking care of yourself!

@jenny0228 wow :) can't wait for you to meet your little miracle!! And to take a break from drs offices!
  • @triwellnessgirl so so amazing to hear!!! I'm so glad she reached out finally & hope things stay well between everyone!!❤

@jenny0228 great job on all the activity so far this week! I can only imagine how hard the journey up to now has been for you especially being told you had less than a 10% chance, but you're so right that miracles do happen and I'm SOOO excited for you that you're going to have your sweet baby boy so soon!!!!❤ hope you enjoy your dinner date tonight!

At my appt today I met a new doctor (not new to the practice, just new to me -there are about 10 doctors who rotate at my practice) and she quickly became my favorite one I've met so far. She said she'll be the one on call this weekend so please keep your fingers crossed for me that LO makes his debut over the weekend!! Same measurements as I had last checkup, which I was hoping there'd be a bit more progress but everything still looked great. I've still been working & plan to work until whenever he does come but gosh it'd be nice if tomorrow could truly be my last day of work! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 keeping my fingers crossed for you to get the doctor you want!! I can't imagine working right up until baby comes...I hope this is your last day. I know what you mean though - I haven't met all the doctors at my practice either - there is one who is my favorite but there are about 6 others I haven't seen before. 

• @kjd291 so sorry to hear you're STILL dealing with the vertigo!! Hope that resolves itself soon or that they figure out the cause. 

@triwellnessgirl so happy to hear about your step daughter!!! Also I'm so with you. Nursing is tiring. Cían is nursing like 6 hours a day as well. And I struggle sometimes to stay awake towards the end of a feed

@serenity13 hoping your LO comes this weekend so you get the dr you want!!

@vino831 omg Emilynn is sooo cute!!

@jenny0228 hope you get to meet your LO one soon. I'm sure it'll be so special especially after your journey. 

Sorry all that I've been MIA. With MIL in town (which thank god she is) and figuring out parenting, I don't know where the time goes!!! But it's ok, because I get to snuggle with this guy :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited March 2017
    No signs LO wants to make his arrival yet so I just took my dog for a 5.3 mile walk at the park in hopes of inducing labor...we'll see if it does anything ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulieCían is sooo cute! Glad you've had some help with your MIL in town as you've been adjusting to motherhood. 

@serenity13 you are amazing! 5.3 miles?! First of all I'm not sure I could even waddle that far at this stage, but also how do you do it without having to pee!? You're a superwoman! I went for a 2.5 mile walk today and by the end I had to pee so bad I pretended to get a phone call so that I wouldn't have to talk to my neighbor as I was rounding my the final corner back to the house! Ha! 

Nothing moving over here, either - just counting down the days until Wednesday. Today I was so bored I practiced swaddling on a baby-sized stuffed rabbit. YEP going a little stir crazy now! But I am a pro at swaddling inanimate objects. ;)
  • @jenny0228 lol I don't know how I went the 2 hours without peeing, I definitely had to go by the end though! I love the fake answering the phone call technique haha and congrats on already becoming an expert swaddler!! I might have to try that too to get some practice.
    One of my friends told me her water broke within 24 hours of her doing a very long walk & some jumping jacks. I've read mixed things about attempting jumping jacks at this stage but I did try them today too, did a yoga routine this morning, & sat on my birth ball moving around on it for a few hours while doing homework this afternoon...gonna drink another cup or 2 of RRL tea & hope for the best!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jenny0228 & @serenity13 nice work on the walking!! Fingers crossed your little guys hurry up and get here soon!! These last days are the hardest!! Keep up the good work-stay positive! 

Hahah :]