July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    AdaByron said:
    I'm sorry you feel this way. :( I don't think anyone in the PG wants it to feel like a popularity contest, or have anyone feel excluded. You really don't have to be funny or clever for people to appreciate you here!
    My FFFC is this FFFC made me sad. Nobody is expecting you to be clever or funny @ljd2010 I know it's cliche but just be yourself, don't cause drama, and join in on the conversations. I think everyone has had some not so juicy UO that got no acknowledgement lol I know I have. 
    Thanks, ladies! <3  As I'm rereading my post, it's a little more sad than I intended it to be!  

+1 for second showers and cash registries as being tacky and counting down for flip flops. With my August baby, my feet were so swollen that I asked my boss if I could wear flip flops to work. I think he stopped listening after the word "swollen" and just nodded. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am already in flip flops 90% of the time but we live in Texas and it's summer for 9 months of the year pretty much! I need to get some more! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    My FFFC: I passed my 3 hour glucose test yesterday. I celebrated with a big bowl of peanut butter chocolate ice cream. This morning I went to Starbucks and split a chocolate croissant with my kids. Came home to an email from my OB saying I'm in the gray area for GD and I should still try to follow a GD diet... ha!
    Well shitskies! Why are you in the gray area? Because of failing the 1 hour? 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    @yellow1daisy - he didn't say. I'm guessing it's either because I failed the 1 hour or it's because of where my numbers were even after puking up the drink...

I figure I'll start my new way of eating on Monday (we have a bunch of bday parties to go to this weekend). And I'll be taking quite a few days off from this way of eating (Disneyland trips, DS's bday, the night before my CS, etc). 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    +1 on cash registries being tacky. 

Which means my FFFC is that there was a shower 2 weeks ago for a girl I work with who did this. I was so tired/busy that I just gave cash. I didn't have enough energy to go spite shopping. 
  • Options
    @rjoys8 I visited Starbucks twice yesterday and got the same drink (cold brew with sweet cream, half sweet), but by the time I got halfway through the second drink I was sick of it! Serves me right for indulging twice in one day, lol. 

re: flipflops - I'm right there with you guys counting down the days. It's still rain city here and we probably have another 2 months before I switch over to 'summer' shoes. I also can't wait for it to be nice enough to wear maxi skirts all the time. I hate wearing pants. 

FFC: I booked today off work knowing full well I was missing the staff meeting. I hate our staff meetings because they're unproductive and go on too long. I'm much happier being at home on my couch in my pjs. 

Bonus FFC: When someone starts off a thread with **TW** my first thought is "twat waffle" rather than "trigger warning"  :# 
  • Options
    @GreenBean That actually made me LOL. What a horrible thread that would be!
  • Options
    FFFC - I promised myself that I wouldn't be like all the STMs that told me that all the FTM stuff they did went out the window with baby #2, #3, etc. I was planning on carrying on with weekly bump pics like I did with my first. And yet here I am, with no actual weekly bump pictures besides the selfies I've done. Oops. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    Xath said:
    FFFC - I promised myself that I wouldn't be like all the STMs that told me that all the FTM stuff they did went out the window with baby #2, #3, etc. I was planning on carrying on with weekly bump pics like I did with my first. And yet here I am, with no actual weekly bump pictures besides the selfies I've done. Oops. 
    I protected myself from this phenomenon by not doing any of that stuff with #1 either.  ;)
    I was young and full of hopes and dreams back then. Now I'm old and jaded. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    My FFFC is this entire pregnancy has been absolutely miserable compared to my sons pregnancy. I'm over it already! I love my baby girl, but I don't have to love being pregnant! 
  • Options
    FFFC: I am not really looking forward to being the only sober person this weekend for my friend's bridal/bachelorette weekend. I have missed her and feel bad that I can't go to her wedding, so I want to go, but getting super tired and watching everyone get wasted is not my idea of a good time. My only consolation is that I can take a nap tomorrow between the bridal shower and the evening festivities.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    I can't adult today. So instead of engaging my children, I've hidden goldfish around the house and "we" are having a scavenger hunt. I'm debating whether or not I can also call this dinner. 
    This is GENIUS.
    I have plenty more deficient third time mom tips if you think so lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nikkiandchris Ha! Thats hilarious
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    My FFFC is this entire pregnancy has been absolutely miserable compared to my sons pregnancy. I'm over it already! I love my baby girl, but I don't have to love being pregnant

Ugh.... stuck in the box

I can absolutely relate. I am hating this pregnancy! I'm constantly sick and nauseous. I just try to get through each day. Some days I tell DH I'm going to bed because I want the day to be over with. It's our last pregnancy and I'm really trying to enjoy it but the symptoms this time around have been the worst for me. I just keep reminding myself of the healthy baby in the end. I also haven't really connected to the baby. I don't know if it's because of the symptoms or because we are team green and I am not connecting because I can't really think girl or boy? Not that it will matter. Then there's the guilt over feeling this way. (I guess that's my confession.)
  • Options
    I can't adult today. So instead of engaging my children, I've hidden goldfish around the house and "we" are having a scavenger hunt. I'm debating whether or not I can also call this dinner. 
    Can I come hang out because searching for Goldfish sounds awesome! (I may steal this for my parenting repertoire)
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    @nikkiandchris as a soon-to-be third time deficient mom, teach me your ways...  
  • Options
    Another FFC for today: I've lost track of how many weeks pregnant I am...is it 21? 22 or 23? I'm not sure, and I've been too lazy to calculate it out. I kept track diligently during 1st tri, and now life and pregnancy are just a blur until the finish line. 
    I have to check the bump app for the ticker changer post. I'm often not sure what week I am, and I'm definitely never sure which piece of food I am!
  • Options
    @supermom83 I lost track today too when the physical therapist asked me.  I said between 22-24. 
  • Options
    Re: flip flops. My first baby was due in January and of course it was cold by the end of the pregnancy. I hated having to squeeze my swollen feet into shoes/boots just to keep them warm. Being able to wear sandals (or Birkenstocks) for the latter portion of this pregnancy is a major perk! (I heard a mom complaining about *only* being able to bear sandals toward the end (August due date) which I kind if get... but compared to real shoes I'll take sandals any day). 
  • Options
    FFC while at Marshall's buying a gift I also bought myself a 2.25lb bag of gummy worms on Wednesday. It's half gone, my lack of self control has resulted in 4 stomach aches but they taste so good.