July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/20-3/24

1235»

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20-3/24

• Options
    @LoveLee85

To go along with Xath's recommendation of veggies pasta sauce you could also substitute out the actual pasta with some sort of veggie. I've only ever done this with spaghetti squash, but my sister has a veggie spiralizer(?) and she has done it with other things like zucchini also. On that note she also makes baked veggie chips. Maybe a snack like that can also help sneak in extra veggies?
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 I had to cook for two months for two picky toddlers, one Only eats veggies and fruit and raw foods and the other only eats meat. Somehow making falafel burgers in buns while sneaking in veggies made them eat it because it "looked" like a burger. Also they both loved any veggies mixed in with Israeli couscous. I also managed to convince them to drink a smoothie in the mornings telling them it's a super power drink, after a few days they both wanted super power drinks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    Calling all moms of picky toddlers!!!!!! He's 1.5 years old.

He doesnt like cheese, beans, eggs, meat, or green veggies. I'm looking at homemade stuff on Pintrest to sneak greens and proteins into his diet. He is like me, he could live off fruit and carbs. Also, I try to do a 'new food Thursday' and I'm running out of ideas, weirdly?! 

Pintrest has a spinach and banana muffin homemade recipe I'm about to try. I'm still guilty of buying the organic pouches that mix green veggies with fruit to mask the flavor. I would like to transition to whole food but he just isn't a fan. So, I do the pouches just so I know he's getting something! 

Feeding him is so stressful because I feel like I feed him the same few things over and over. He loves:
    noosa brand yogurt
    whole wheat with peanut butter and organic jam(no sugar added).
    muffins of any kind.
    cereal(Cheerios)
    whole wheat toast with same jam as above.
    steamed carrots.
    brown rice.
    sweet potatoes.
    any fruit. 
    He only gets water and organic whole milk to drink.

obviously, this isn't all I feed him but these are the favorites. I try to keep 'retrying food' with him...so far no luck. 
    I'm with you @LoveLee85 i have the pickiest 21 month old. He will eat pizza, frozen chicken nuggets (but refuses fast food chicken nuggs or dino shaped), french fries but only if they're skinny-not wide steak fries or curly, he won't dip anything, he likes cereal but only cinnamon chex, yogurt, any fruit, string cheese, poptarts, etc. typical kid foods. 

I make banana muffins and add things to them because banana is a pretty strong taste. I will sometimes get him to eat meatballs and ill make them and add carrots. Luckily he loves steak and sausage so he's getting some protein there. Occasionally I can get him to eat tacos but not always. They're all foods that I know he'll like but he wont try them- i took him to the pediatrician yesterday actually for a well check and they want to monitor his weight because he's dropped to the 30th percentile for weight and she wants to make sure he's eating enough although I could feed an army with the amount of goldfish crackers he eats everyday. She didn't seem too worried because i'm still nursing but really wants him to start getting 16 oz of whole milk a day so that will be a challenge for us! She did mention that we need to continue to offer whatever food we're eating even if he doesn't try it because "you don't want him to be the kid who's never exposed to other foods just because you think he won't like them."

If I find something new that he likes I'll let you know and vice versa!
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 We are going through the same thing and my DD's list of things she will eat is similar to yours, just add eggs... she would eat scrambled eggs all day if she could.

Looking at your list, you have fruits, veggies, whole grains, and protein in there so I wouldn't worry for now about repeating the same things.  I know it feels boring but they are getting plenty of nutrients.  My pedi just says keep trying new things as often as you can and their taste buds keep changing.  For us, it's a huge texture thing- DD will only eat meat if it comes from a can, like tuna or canned chicken because it is so soft.  She's also a big ravioli fan so I will cut a slit in the top and sneak in green beans or peas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    https://www.scarymommy.com/teacher-keeps-food-pantry-stocked-for-hungry-students/?utm_source=FB

This is so sweet :'(  <3

(i didn't want to bump the article thread so I guess this goes in randoms?)
  • Options
    @cielaw89 that is so sweet and touching, we always remember the kindest teachers and those will always be  the best lessons learnt...  and one day you'll be that teacher too:) 
  • Options
    @xath that sounds lovely! Enjoy your day!
  • Options
    @Xath That is awesome! Have fun!
  • Options
    @xath  wanna switch lives for today? Lol enjoy!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @Xath Enjoy your day!
  • Options
    I would very much appreciate it if my daughter would not kick my bladder right after it's been emptied.

Also, any bets on how long it'll take the registry announcement from the BGs to be taken down?
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    I would very much appreciate it if my daughter would not kick my bladder right after it's been emptied.

Also, any bets on how long it'll take the registry announcement from the BGs to be taken down?
    Oh, I'm willing to bet it'll stay up there until we die. 
  • Options
    There is a coworker at my office who thinks it's hilarious to mock the way I walk. I'm a hormonal pregnant lady with SPD and it is NOT funny. Worst thing is she's a mom of 3 herself. I was hoping the glare I give her would be enough to make her stop but it hasn't worked so far. 
  • Options
    @lanie1000. Ugh that's terrible. I'm upset on your behalf. Would she mock someone with a broken leg or a disability? It's especially inappropriate for the work place. Sorry you have to deal with her. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lanie1000  That's harassment!  Go to HR!
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    I was fuming yesterday after seeing a Snapchat video of my sister driving with my niece (4) and nephew (6) in the backseat with absolutely no car seats or boosters!! They were strapped in with seat belts and the chest strap behind them!!  She later Snapchated a video of a bag with alcohol on her lap! The alcohol was unopened and I called her pissed to tell her how flipping illegal everything she was doing was!!! She lives over 2 hours away and says she doesn't know where the seats are. Did I mention she is also an unlicensed driver! My mom lets her do this crap and also rides around with the kids without car seats or boosters when she has them. DH and I have talked to my mom about it so many times she just ignores me and walks away. I'm close to the point of having DH contact his buddies in the CHP in their area to keep an eye out for their cars. Maybe the threat alone will force them to get those kids into car seats. 
  • Options
    I was fuming yesterday after seeing a Snapchat video of my sister driving with my niece (4) and nephew (6) in the backseat with absolutely no car seats or boosters!! They were strapped in with seat belts and the chest strap behind them!!  She later Snapchated a video of a bag with alcohol on her lap! The alcohol was unopened and I called her pissed to tell her how flipping illegal everything she was doing was!!! She lives over 2 hours away and says she doesn't know where the seats are. Did I mention she is also an unlicensed driver! My mom lets her do this crap and also rides around with the kids without car seats or boosters when she has them. DH and I have talked to my mom about it so many times she just ignores me and walks away. I'm close to the point of having DH contact his buddies in the CHP in their area to keep an eye out for their cars. Maybe the threat alone will force them to get those kids into car seats. 
    omg what the actual fuck?!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @GreenBean and @SquirttheTurtle thanks for empathasizing!!

@Poppyseed72017 are you kidding me???! 
  • Options
    lanie1000 said:
    There is a coworker at my office who thinks it's hilarious to mock the way I walk. I'm a hormonal pregnant lady with SPD and it is NOT funny. Worst thing is she's a mom of 3 herself. I was hoping the glare I give her would be enough to make her stop but it hasn't worked so far. 
    Ugh I hate this sort of thing. That's so childish! Sorry you have to deal with that, maybe it's time to just ask her straight up to stop.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

Wow, that was quick. Already unpinned. Bravo!
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    @manillabar yeah, I think you're right. 
  • Options
    @Rae1 @lanie1000

** PossibleTW **

I don't want to go into too much detail but DH is a Highway Patrol and has seen so many accidents where children are involved. Their deaths could be avoided in so many of the accidents just by being in the proper car seats or in seatbelts. It breaks my heart knowing he sees these things but that's the reason we are so anal about car seats and seatbelt safety. We didn't let DD sit in the front seat of the car until after she turned 13 and reached a certain height/weight. 
  • Options

Wow, that was quick. Already unpinned. Bravo!
    I like bumpcaitlin-2 much better than the original!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Holy shit. Even if they think they're the best drivers in the worlds, they can't control the idiots out there that are speeding or not paying attention. Unbelievable that they think it's ok to not have the kids properly secured. It should just be common sense. I think you should definitely get your husband to pass their car details to the patrol in their area. 
  • Options
    @Poppyseed72017 Wow is all I have to say. That would make me so mad and sad for your niece and nephew.  And then taking a video on top of that, so so dangerous.