July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 3/20-3/24

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20-3/24

• Options
    @ginger1228  As far as I know.  She had another baby but had a scheduled CS at 38 or 39 weeks.  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle  I would schedule a c-section after something like that too. **shudders**
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle WTH I've never even heard of such a thing!  Terrible!

@busyzee I've posted a bunch of times (sorry to repeat) about baby#1 being a fussy, high needs baby with severe reflux, food allergies, hypersensitive skin, dysphagia, yadda yadda yadda.  We've come a long way since those days but he was a 9 pound baby with a big head!  His head is still in the 99+ percentile lol!  He's so cute!  But I'm still recovering from the trauma of the first 15 months!  He never slept and still doesn't sleep.  My data point says no to temperament correlating positively with size.  Most babies aren't fussy or colicky though, it's just luck of the draw.  So don't worry.

And per the horror story told above - the baby has to come out one way or the other so let's hope for anatomically compatible sizes lol!  I think you perhaps are worrying about a small baby being 'frail' as mentioned above.  I'm not sure that matters so much as long as baby isn't premature or something along those lines.
  • Options
    DD was 5lbs 11oz and loved to sleep.... size means nothing. She had been out easiest baby, but is proving to be a very hard headed toddler.
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    OmG that is awful!! @SquirttheTurtle

All these experiences clarify ALOT! 

I honestly have no experience, asides from my nephew and neice and some cousins babies. i must say my neice  was tiny and hard to handle for me though but she's really chubby now and an excellent eater. 8- 9- babies are quite common in my family and everyone around me(mum,MIL,SIL,Cousins!)speaks of baby weight at birth like it's a major plus! It's almost a little pressurizing honestly because it really isn't in my control! 
  • Options
    Rae1 said:
    MrsLa3 said:
    My SIL just had a 10 pound 15 ounce baby and I can say she's having a lot of problems. So your mom was wrong with that logic @BusyZee

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. 
    The thought of a baby this big coming out of my vag makes me want to cry in a corner somewhere. 
    My sister was about that size. My mom had to have a cs though. That is truly the stuff nightmares are made of. 
  • Options
    BusyZee said:
    OmG that is awful!! @SquirttheTurtle

All these experiences clarify ALOT! 

I honestly have no experience, asides from my nephew and neice and some cousins babies. i must say my neice  was tiny and hard to handle for me though but she's really chubby now and an excellent eater. 8- 9- babies are quite common in my family and everyone around me(mum,MIL,SIL,Cousins!)speaks of baby weight at birth like it's a major plus! It's almost a little pressurizing honestly because it really isn't in my control! 
    Home Free hammer inspiring tim tebow nail GIF

Just work on having a healthy pregnancy and listen to your doctors...and yes, the size of your baby at birth is out of your control *if* you do both of those.  Your ultimate end goal should be a healthy baby, regardless of size. 

• Options
    I was wondering where you were @maybeitsmadeline.  Hope you're feeling better!

• Options
    @SquirttheTurtle Giiiirl.  Came down with something.  It started Saturday when I was so gung-ho about starting in the nursery and the body aches came on strong.  Sunday I started coughing and was taking Benadryl to try to live my life.  By Monday night I couldn't sleep at all because of the coughing and my boss sent me home Tuesday because I was coughing and coughing and she didn't want me to get any of them sick.   :/

My mom got me all panicked because I started running fever and I just pictured my baby being cooked alive, so I went to urgent care and they said, "Congrats, you have a virus and you're pregnant so what you've been taking is all you can take.  It'll pass in 7-10 days. Best of luck.  Kiss kiss!"  So I took today too and I'm starting to feel closer to normal, but man.  Not cool.

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @GreenBean Think of it as a vaginal c-section.  

ETA: so basically you can birth the head, but the body is too big to fit so they have to make enough room.  
    I should NOT have opened this thread to read while I am eating lunch. Omg.
  • Options
    Bummer! Get well soon @maybeitsmadeline
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    @maybeitsmadeline I hope you are feeling better.  I feel your pain.  I had the flu recently, and my doctor didn't even bother to have me come in.  The nurse just called me and said all I could take was Claritin or Benadryl.  Then I had to wait it out.  It was so miserable. 
  • Options
    @yellow1daisy @SquirttheTurtle Thank you both!  I think FX I'm on the mend!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @oheliza44  sorry.  Like I said, it's extremely rare.

• Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    Get well soon!! @maybeitsmadeline and I really do hope your right you've got me terrified here  @SquirttheTurtle
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle Well, now I can add this to the list of things that are terrifying about child birth  :|
  • Options
    oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    @oheliza44  sorry.  Like I said, it's extremely rare.
    Not your fault! I am really squeamish. Similarly, made the mistake of listening to a "Longest Shortest Time" podcast about birth injuries a few weeks ago and had to pull over to puke on the side of the road because it made me so queasy. 
  • Options
    @maybeitsmadeline that sounds miserable! Hope you feel better soon!

The phrase "vaginal cut down" makes me cross my legs and squirm. I imagine it's the reaction men get when they watch someone get kicked in the balls.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @maybeitsmadeline that sounds miserable! Hope you feel better soon!

The phrase "vaginal cut down" makes me cross my legs and squirm. I imagine it's the reaction men get when they watch someone get kicked in the balls.
    I'm LOLing so hard at this right now!

• Options
    Talk of vaginal cut downs is making me appreciate my hearty birthing hips. I'm all about that bass when it comes to having a baby! 

My little girl was measuring ahead of schedule earlier in the pregnancy, but I think that's leveling off a bit. 
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle - That. Sounds. Terrible. I can't even imagine the recovery for that. Does it all go back to normal?! *shudder*
    Um, no.  I mean the episiotomy and vaginal birth changed everything, so I can't imagine something that ...horrific... would ever be normal again.
  • Options
    mamadcb said:
    This is truly a random! We are on vacation on the CA coast and the weather forecast for our time here has been pretty cloudy, rainy and cool. But every day we have had unexpected sun and today was just gorgeous after some morning rain. I'm feeling so thankful for this time with my DH and DS before the arrival of the new little guy! Pic of the view right now from our deck. 
    Welcome to CA! Rain is pretty minimal (hence our drought). We should be dry all week (they are forecasting rain on Saturday, but I'm gonna bet NO)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    *Lurking from June*
    @BusyZee As others have suggested, let me tell you from first hand experience that bigger babies do not equal easier babies.  Both my kids were bigger (9lb and 8lb11oz) and they were far removed from easy infants.  DS didn't STTN until past the 1/2 year mark and nursed constantly.  I'm talking every 2 hours for quite some time.  Both kids had horrendous reflux and colic and spent much of their first 3-4 months crying/screaming.  DD in particular had to have an emergency ultrasound for suspected plyoric stenosis as she was vomiting multiple feet across the room Exorcist style after every meal.  DS wouldn't nap unless I held him.  The list goes on and one.  If you have a smaller baby, that doesn't mean that he/she will be more or less challenging.  Every baby is different and "ease" is not related to size.  I will however say that I love baby fat so that was literally the only benefit. I repeat... only benefit.   
  • Options
    mamadcb said:
    This is truly a random! We are on vacation on the CA coast and the weather forecast for our time here has been pretty cloudy, rainy and cool. But every day we have had unexpected sun and today was just gorgeous after some morning rain. I'm feeling so thankful for this time with my DH and DS before the arrival of the new little guy! Pic of the view right now from our deck. 
    Welcome to CA! Rain is pretty minimal (hence our drought). We should be dry all week (they are forecasting rain on Saturday, but I'm gonna bet NO)
    DH and I were in San Diego at the end of February.  Rained every single day including one torrential downpour where the water in the street was coming up over the sidewalk but the pockets of sunshine we got were beautiful.
  • Options
    @mslynn2012 Where in CA do you live? We live up in Sonoma County and just made the drive down here for the week. Of course we had beautiful weather at home last week but didn't bring it on vacation with us, ha :) Heading home Friday so at least if it rains we won't be on the road. 
  • Options
    @abmommy15 - you showed up during our El Niño month of winter - bummer. 

@mamadcb - we are in Orange County. Not too far from Disneyland. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Calling all moms of picky toddlers!!!!!! He's 1.5 years old.

He doesnt like cheese, beans, eggs, meat, or green veggies. I'm looking at homemade stuff on Pintrest to sneak greens and proteins into his diet. He is like me, he could live off fruit and carbs. Also, I try to do a 'new food Thursday' and I'm running out of ideas, weirdly?! 

Pintrest has a spinach and banana muffin homemade recipe I'm about to try. I'm still guilty of buying the organic pouches that mix green veggies with fruit to mask the flavor. I would like to transition to whole food but he just isn't a fan. So, I do the pouches just so I know he's getting something! 

Feeding him is so stressful because I feel like I feed him the same few things over and over. He loves:
    noosa brand yogurt
    whole wheat with peanut butter and organic jam(no sugar added).
    muffins of any kind.
    cereal(Cheerios)
    whole wheat toast with same jam as above.
    steamed carrots.
    brown rice.
    sweet potatoes.
    any fruit. 
    He only gets water and organic whole milk to drink.

obviously, this isn't all I feed him but these are the favorites. I try to keep 'retrying food' with him...so far no luck. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85

With our 2 year old she has gotten better but went through a pick phase too. She love smoothies and popsicles as a treat (it was summer then) so I could sneak in greens that way pretty easily. If you are not opposed to serving juice (although I see you say you don't currently) you can sneak in veggies that way also (similar to your fruit pouches the fruit masks the veggie flavors).

The other thing that helped our daughter get more veggies is she loves "sauce". Basically anything she could dip other food into and often she would just eat the "sauce" and just use the other food as a utensil. So we started doing a lot of home made guacamole, salsa, fresh veggie based dips. 

Not sure it'll work for your kiddo but it did for ours. She since has grown out of that. She also had a meat aversion for a while. I think a lot of her food dislikes have been a result of texture vs. actual taste though so sometimes something as simple as mashing would get her to eat it.
  • Options
    On the topic of baby weights...

My family tends to have bigger babies also. I was one of 5 and I was the smallest of her kids at 8lbs 13oz beside my youngest sister who was born a bit premature at 7.5 lbs. I thought the fact that my Mom had 2 babies that were >10lbs was bad until my Grandmother (Dad's mom) was visiting for the holidays and said that she had weighed 13 lbs 10oz at birth. This was before epidurals and because they lived in a very rural area (nearest hospital was over an hour away) it was also a mostly unassisted home birth.

I can not even imagine having to do that.
  • Options
    Vaginal cut downs?????? I....I don't....wait....what?!

::cue balling into fetal position and rocking in a corner::: 

and after reading that, I am less bummed that I have to have a scheduled c-section with this baby (due to 2 previous c-sections)