Re: GTKY: Thirsty Thursday!

• Options

Dh and I at the brewery tonight.  :'(

Torture. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Cats*in*space that's like cruel and unusual punishment. 

• Options
    I wish I was drinking a prickly pineapple margarita from the restaurant down the street. Mmmmmmmm jalapeño and pineapple infused tequila. Drool. But water it is for me. Confession: I drink caffeine every day or I'd be snoozing at my desk. Also, I found an "alcohol-removed" wine that actually doesn't just taste like grape juice. Makes me feel a tad normal sometimes!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    cmar1006 said:
    awildrose said:
    I had a Dr. Pepper today, and it was amazing. My co-worker walked into my room around 10 this morning, set one on my desk, and said, "I figured you'd start dragging about now since you were up before four-freaking-AM this morning." She's the real hero, guys. 
    Did you cry? I would have cried. 
    Almost. I had to stay cool in front of my students. Lol. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 love the bottle!sangria sounds amaze-balls! I wish I had a mint julep--homemade with fresh muddled mint from the garden. Instead I'm drinking the good ole standby water!
  • Options
    Because of this thread last night I dreamed I was at a party and I kept telling the hostess I could only have ONE alcoholic drink because I'm pregnant. Lol. Wtf. 
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 i dreamed i ordered a corona light with lime at a bar lol 
  • Options
    Because of this thread last night I dreamed I was at a party and I kept telling the hostess I could only have ONE alcoholic drink because I'm pregnant. Lol. Wtf. 
    Way to show restraint! 
    Haha! Thanks :joy: dream me is weird lol
  • Options
    jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Late to the game: What I REALLY want is a RIPE bloody mary (RIPE is like Odwalla, but for alcohol). We are going to Maine in July, and I want to go to our old restaurant in Bar Harbor, which exclusively uses the RIPE mixes. All I've been able to think about since is the Mary mix. Instead, I'm plugging away at my daily 100oz water goal.
    Trying this out...

• Options
    jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Holy balls I did it. Of course, I cut and pasted the source code from someone else's post to do it. Is there a short cut? Please someone haaaaaalp meeeee.

• Options
    You select the text you want in a spoiler box, click on the paragraph symbol and select spoiler. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    THANK YOU!! xoxoxoxoxox

This is a test box.

• Options
    I need a drink. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @kelseyrayray

**chugs water** this'll do...haha imma make me some chamomile tea to help bring me down haha
  • Options
    We all do @labby18
    I'm a little sad that breast feeding means I won't be able to drink for a long time. Does that make me a bad person? I mean... I'm gonna do it, but ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09
    i believe that is a myth. you can still have a drink. just not get wastey.
  • Options
    I think there is a beer you can drink. But it's gross. From what I've heard. 
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 My SIL drank while breastfeeding. If she had more than one, she would just pump and dump. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    We all do @labby18
    I'm a little sad that breast feeding means I won't be able to drink for a long time. Does that make me a bad person? I mean... I'm gonna do it, but ugh
    You actually have a couple of options when breastfeeding you can pump and dump and give baby an already pumped bottle or (and this is how I always did it) if you aren't feeling affected by alcohol then baby won't be either so I'd have some right when he went down at night (this was when he was doing a 5 and a 3 hour sleep sessions during the night) and then by the time he was up for his next session the effects had worn off and if they hadn't I'd just give him a pumped bottle. Akdke@
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 My SIL drank while breastfeeding. If she had more than one, she would just pump and dump. 
    You don't need to pump and dump! If you're good to drive you're good to nurse, if you have too much you simply wait until you sober up! 
    Yup. This exactly. Same amount of alcohol that is in your blood is in your milk. I feel you're safe to drive, your safe to nurse. If you aren't super bad about it, you basically can have a glass of wine an hour and be more than fine. 

• Options
    @wyomama0427 well that's great to know. I thought I would have to bump and dump. Love all the info you ladies share! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a BBQ with a few friends from the firehouse tomorrow, and everyone else gets to enjoy a beer or margarita. Just cruel...
  • Options
    Hey no problem, I love helping out any time I get the chance! There is a LOT of misinformation about breastfeeding out there. Because DS wouldn't take a bottle he was EBF and I had EVERYONE giving me advice and it all conflicted and it was confusing and breastfeeding is hard enough without all that noise lol
  • Options
    If I had five bucks for every time I've gotten offered wine or beer by people that know I'm pregnant, I would be rich. They keep saying that one alcoholic beverage per day won't hurt the baby.  :|

• Options
    I'm so happy now, lol... thanks for the info!!!

meanwhile I'm just over here playing pretend... 

What is that deliciousness