Tuesday Ticker Change 3/21

Happy Spring Ladies! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: what is your favorite game to play as a family? 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 3/21

• Options
    How far along?
    34 weeks!!!

How big is baby?
    the size of a butternut squash 

Appointments?
    Today! Routine check up. 

Symptoms?
    heart burn, back ache, can't sleep well, and just uncomfortable in general. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: Got my hospital bag packed just waiting a couple more weeks to add the clothes I'll want to take! 

Team- Pink!!!

GTKY: favorite game as a family? 
    I loved playing the board game Life. DH and I enjoy playing Yahtzee,Skip bo and a few other card games together! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @slowmo glad your experience with a CS should be better this time! Thanks for sharing your experience from last time! I am reading a lot on women who measured ahead to have regular sized babies! Even though I am secretly hoping that means he will come at 38 weeks instead of 40+!
    @Louise_Belcher oh I will have to find that thread, thanks! Let's hope our babies are under the 9 pound mark! But of course still healthy!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ha thanks ladies! I like to be super prepared! 
    @lilylover27 I didn't really go by any list I remembered the necessary items I used last time around and made my own list! Check out the Hospital Bag thread! Lots of great suggestions there. One of our ladies made a great spread sheet, you should check it out :) 

• Options
    fbmandy55fbmandy55 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 34W

How big is baby? Butternut Squash

Any appointments this week? Weekly check in with OB this morning. All is normal and still planning induction in 3-4 weeks!

Symptoms? Pressure, so much pressure in my lower uterus. Painful pressure in the top of my uterus (under boobs) when she's spread out. Frequent trips to bathroom for a crushed bladder!

Rants/Raves/Questions? My uber-obnoxious co-worker has been picking his nose, followed by putting his finger in his mouth. I've gagged many times over the last two weeks but WTF do you say to that? He sits directly across from me. I told my boss because I seriously cannot handle that. He's really weird and not in a good way. In an "I called the cops on college students drinking" kind of way.I really, really don't like him AT ALL. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Team Pink

GTKY: what is your favorite game to play as a family? Cards Against Humanity. Nothing like hearing your 60 year old, Christian school teacher aunt say " dem titties".  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32 weeks (Scheduled C May 10) 

How big is baby? Head of lettuce or Naked-Tailed Armadillo

Any appointments this week? Regular OB visit Friday

Symptoms? General uncomfortable-ness, KILLER heartburn last night and I had taken my pill  :'(  

Rants/Raves/Questions? This isn't a rant, per se, just a comment... Every week I try to keep up with the Randoms thread. What if I can answer a question for someone? What if someone posts information that would be helpful to me? Inevitably, I fail to check it for like 3 hours one day and there are 157 new posts! Ain't no one got time to catch up...

Team Pink/Blue/Green? TEAM GREEN

GTKY: what is your favorite game to play as a family? I am sort of a board game nerd, and really enjoy games like Modern Art, Bohnanza, and Alhambra to name a few. I'll be excited when my kids are old enough to play! 

@MrsFox2008 - Congrats on packing your bag! That is MAJOR progress. :) 

@MrsCPALeslie - I hope you get a good haul at your shower!

@slowmo - I plan to wash the padding from the carseat, because I remember it looking dingy (sweat?) when we put it up. I'm hoping everything else can pass as clean. 

@CherryBananas - Hope that baby stays put as long as possible! 
  • Options
    Hi Tuesday Tickers & Happy Spring Ladies! 

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? ~17.2 inches and 4.19 pounds... whoa!

Any appointments this week? Yesterday I had a quick check up. Baby's heart rate is strong and I'm measuring on track.

Symptoms? Baby boy dropped and it's just been even more uncomfortable 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Suffering with allergies  :'(

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue x2

GTKY: what is your favorite game to play as a family? Growing up, we played a lot of cards. I do remember playing the classics with siblings and friends: Life, Monopoly, Connect 4, Clue, Operation, Battleship, Scrabble and Scategories.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @mrsrep123 boo too allergies. When I read your team blue x2 I was like wait she's having twins how did I miss this but then remembered you have a son already! Duh pregnancy brain!!!! 
    Yay to the better job offer, how exciting! Congrats :) 

• Options
    @mrsrep123 congrats on the job offer!!!! That's so exciting :smiley:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I feel like a lurker today. Long day, and now spring rain turning into a storm has made me lazy or in a weird mood or something. 

@MrsFox2008 I've never actually packed a hospital bag! Yikes! With my first, I was planning to, and went into labor the morning I had planned to pack the bag. Daughter ended up in NICU for a week, being early and all that. Then somehow with younger daughter I didn't want to jinx myself (because that's a real thing. I know.) and so I never packed the bag. Then she came even earlier than older daughter did! (No NICU, though!) so, I can't decide what I'm going to do this time. 

@lilylover27 I'm glad your placenta is in a better position! I'm sure that's a weight off of your shoulders! 

@slowmo I've just been airing things out, unless it looks like it needs more than that. 

@Louise_Belcher sorry about the no epidural. At least you know in advance so it won't be a slick at the hospital! 

@Kipperoo I'm glad your husband is stepping up! I've found that with every pregnancy, the support and excitement of other family and friends is a bit less. I can kind of understand that, but it's still a bit frustrating. 

@SWE2 yay for having your nursery done!! 

@CherryBananas HOORAY for your 32 week milestone!!  So exciting!! 

@fbmandy55 EWWWWW!!! 

@emilyalso when I've been busy and come back to a super packed random thread, I just start handing out love its like they're going out of style! And then I feel awkward trying to respond to something a hundred posts later, so I'm just and awkward lurker for the day. Like today! 

@mrsrep123 congrats on the job offer! Hooray!!  

Whew. I'm worn out!  I'm good. 31 wks. Lots of toddler dramas today. Dr's appointment thurs. Still on limited activity for now. It's frustrating, but I'm happy to do what I can to ensure baby stays in as long as possible. 
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 boo too allergies. When I read your team blue x2 I was like wait she's having twins how did I miss this but then remembered you have a son already! Duh pregnancy brain!!!! 
    Yay to the better job offer, how exciting! Congrats :) 
    Ahaha...I did the same!! I was like "wait...what? How did I forget she's having twins!" Keep it together, pregnancy brain...

And congrats on the job offer, @mrsrep123!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Squirtgun I hope this LO stays put and no NICU time like your second! since you've gone 2x without a bag I guess a 3rd time wouldn't hurt either  ;) 

• Options

How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? According to Bump, celery?! Lol
    at our scan last Thursday baby A was 3 14 oz and B was 4 4oz

Any appointments this week? Appt Thursday again, but have to reschedule because of our maternity shoot and DS's 1 yr pics

Symptoms? Really tired by evening, sporadic heartburn and constipation 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have questions and anxiety about a c/s...was thankful to read the thread that got started 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Double pink

GTKY: what is your favorite game to play as a family?  We love UNO!
  • Options
    @0408Bear love uno! 
    Btw I had a c/s with my 1st, feel free to ask any questions. I hope I can be of help :) 

• Options
    @emilyalso I made a 2am run to mcdonalds on the weekend because I couldn't get chicken nuggets out of my head. Glad you made it home in one piece!!
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! My fears are mostly surrounding if a is vaginal and b c/s they will put me under which means I won't "be present" for my child's birth:( and also chasing a 1 yr old. Reading thru the thread was very helpful! I just need to mentally prepare for literally anything and DH is trying his best to be supportive 
  • Options
    @mrsrep123 Congrats on the job offer!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the support and letting me complain yet again about my platelets and not getting an epidural. Now I guess I should spend the next two months training to be a zen labor goddess (or banking on a quick delivery!)

@Kipperoo I 100% agree with your rant. I had to call DH out a while back and ask him to at least pretend to be interested and involved. While part of me likes that this pregnancy gets to be low key compared to the last (first grandbaby on both sides and baby shower prep was a tad overwhelming), but I kinda feel like no one is interested except me and my mom. 

@SWE2 Nursery done and bag packed! Holy moly I feel like a slacker. 

@CherryBananas So happy you made it to 32 weeks!

@fbmandy55 Oh my! You are so close to meeting your little lady! Also that coworker is disgusting. I would have vomited. I also love Cards Against Humanities because its fun to watch my dad's face turn tomato red when everyone gives him their worst cards. My mom thinks all the cards should say balls and nearly pees herself when it is used. 

@emilyalso Agreed on randoms. I have been such a lurker there because I usually don't get on much on Monday and by the time I do on Monday night or Tuesday there is just to much to actually respond. 

@MrsFox2008 I can still have IV meds, just no needle in my back. Unfortunately the IV meds didn't do much for the pain last go. 

@mrsrep123 Awesome about the job offer!! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Louise_Belcher - Argh, bummer about your platelets! Thinking good thoughts for a speedy labor for you!

@Kipperoo - I hear you on the husband front. I've done basically everything to get ready for this baby. In some ways, that's great because I have control over the decision making, but sometimes it would be nice to have him be a bit more excited about all of this, especially as I start to freak out about the thought of having two kids. I think he's mentally gearing himself up for another newborn (he did NOT do well when our son was a newborn with the crying and MOTN wakeups). Lately he has been scheduling a lot of evening events -- happy hours, business dinners, networking things, hockey games, etc. I get that it's smart to squeeze in as much fun as you can before the baby comes, but I'm totally jealous being stuck at home and unable to have so much as a glass of wine. Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on a tangent -- just wanted to say that I totally get it.

@emilyalso - I feel the same way about the randoms thread! Like I want to participate, but I feel like it's weird to comment on something from a couple pages back, and I don't get an opportunity to do more than read until the end of the day when I'm totally pooped.

@mrsfox2008 - My OCD nature got the best of me, and I stuck the bassinet portion of our mini PNP in the bathtub to soak. We didn't use it that much the first time around, but the water was still gross. Carseat is next!

@mrsrep123 - Congrats on the new job! What type of department?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It is very exciting to think of cutting my commute in half. @slowmo It's a lateral transfer from one inpatient PACU (post anesthesia Care unit) to another but it's at the hospital I worked in adult Trauma ICU (intensive care unit). so I'll be working with old buddies.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    I'm late this week, sorry!

How far along are you?  32 weeks

How big is baby?  A plastic scooter?

Any appointments this week?  I had my regular prenatal yesterday, which didn't go so well.  My blood pressure was pretty high (144/88) and I had trace protein in my urine.  They let me go without blood work because my bp came down to 122/82 but now I'm stressed that something is going on.

Symptoms?  Cramping and contractions!  Lots of trips to the bathroom too.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  None this week, although any encouraging stories about the whole bp/protein thing would be nice.  It sounds like there's really nothing I can do, though.

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Pink.

GTKY: what is your favorite game to play as a family?  With a two year old around, Hungry Hungry Hippos is the extend of our family game playing, haha.
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    @skeetied that sucks about the high BP. Hopefully it's nothing major. 

We loved Hungry Hungry Hippos as kids but it drive my mom nuts. She slowly started taking marbles out of the box and hiding them. One day we went to play and my brothers and I just gave up because so many pieces were missing. Never played it again lol. She confessed when I was in college and the topic came up. Can't say I blame her!
  • Options
    My MIL used M&Ms once with them when she couldn't find the marbles.  Now I think they might purposely try to hide the marbles if given the opportunity...
    Feb 2012:  DS1 born 40w2d, 7 lb 11 oz, 20"
    May 2014:  DS2 born 40w3d, 10 lb, 23"

Due May 2017 with DD1!
  • Options
    @skeetied Sorry about the blood pressure scare. I hope your next appointment goes well and you get some answers. 
  • Options
    @skeetied sorry to hear about you bp. I know how worrisome it is. I hope it doesn't get any worse!

• Options
    @skeetied - I hope everything gets back to normal for you! I had one high-ish reading with my first pregnancy, and it eased my mind to go to Walmart/Kroger/anywhere with a pharmacy and take my blood pressure every day. I would just sit at the machine for about 5 minutes before taking it, and then I was able to take a list of readings with me to my next appointment to show them.