Pregnant after IF
Options

March PAIF Grads- new mama's

Re: March PAIF Grads- new mama's

• Options
    @Griffin5413 that makes me feel better that my guy doesn't get as many naps, thank you. 
    @ultratomato I'm very glad you have some help while DH is gone. Hugs and prayers for an easy week 
    @Zoefer I think their tummies can't digest regular food before 6 months. I would get doc go ahead before introducing anything

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It might be that Riley would nap longer if he knew how @dragonfaerie.
    Ive read, (don't shoot me!) that babies all are good sleepers, but some just don't know how to fall back to sleep once they wake.
    I came across this as Pia naps 3 times 30 minutes! (Yet at my sisters the little shit napped for a whole 3 hours!)
    I can tell Pia is still tired when I get her, but she seems not to be able to fall asleep once she sees me (I go up and try to give a dummy or something) so I'm thinking to wait it out next time. Might help that Pia doesn't cry cry when waking up, she always have this whining sound, so think I'll wait for a proper 'were the f* are you mommy!' Instead of the 'hey you, wouldn't mind if you'd come and get me, but whatevs!'
    Not sure how Riley is and if that's something that you could try?

In the Netherlands one may try solids at 4 months @zoefer. But it's only introducing and not replacing a bottle until 6 months.
    They say to start when your LO shows interest in food (as to watch you eat) and when they've lost the reflex of pushing out the spoon with their tongue (although the latter one can practise if they haven't lost it yet)
    we start with vegetables and one vegetable at the time. So the same one a few days.
    I haven't started yet as Pia had her tests today and next Monday. I want to keep everything food wise as it is so I know how her tummy and poopy diapers are. Otherwise I would have started halfway my trip to Norway as she suddenly follows my food when I eat, as to 'hey mum, I'd like some of that!'

Hoping you get the help you need @ultratomato and that it's soon Friday!

AFU: Pia is one active little girl, and doesn't sit still. Has no time to sleep, eat or relax! 
    At the moment using our stroller Pia needs to be asleep or I'll put a blanket under the mattress so she slightly 'sits'
    Im in need of a different stroller where she can sit, slightly sit and lay down. All facing my way.
    Any of you have tips? Which one do you use and are you over to moon or is there a 'wish it had...' 
    Hate it if I would buy another stroller and haven't thought of all things and have another 'problem' on the way.
    Been thinking about an 'easywalker mosey' or a 'Chicco urban plus pack'
    Any thoughts?
    https://easywalker.nl/products/easywalker-strollers/productseasywalker-strollersmosey/ or https://www.chicco.co.uk/8058664060603.urban-plus-pack.html

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited March 2017
    @tvh1982 we are using baby jogger city select where you can use the seat facing you but it is on the heavy side. We have not used the stroller seat yet, she is still lying in the bassinet, it is easier and warmer in winter.
    uppa baby is also very popular here.
  • Options
    I have a Graco Modes click connect stroller so while he is in his infant carrier i don't have to use the tolder seat. Then when he gets a little bigger I can click the toddler seat in and it faces forward and backward. It also reclines. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @zoefer I have heard and read that their digestive tracts are more ready to handle real food closer to six to eight months but who knows. Also , the research I've read says there is no real benefit to introducing solids sooner than six months so I figure why get the stinky diapers ? Lol i know it's silly but I've heard the diapers get grosser once they start eating . I know plenty of people that have introduced food at 4 mos and their kiddos are fine . @ultratomato I'm curious to hear if the rice cereal helps them sleep longer . If so that is a definite plus  !!

My current plan is to wait until close to six months to introduce anything other than my milk . However , if Vince becomes really interested in foods before that point I may do it a little sooner . He can't sit up yet so I don't think he will be ready anytime soon . I figure I'll just follow my intuition on when he's ready . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    @tvh1982 Haha! I love your baby brain commentary! That makes sense about babies needing to learn to sleep. I do let Riley start actually crying, instead of just fussing before I swoop in. I hope Pia can sleep more for you!!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited March 2017
    Thanx for the info about strollers, some of them I haven't heard of.

I followed my own advice @dragonfaerie (Pia is also a talker) and she talked herself back to sleep twice. So she got an 3 hour sleep (although she was asleep in the stroller after being awake a looooong time) and a 1 hour sleep.
    Isnt Riley about 8 weeks old? They start to experience patterns, their own hands, feet, shadows, ... no time for napping.
    Hope it's just a fase and he'll get his napping back!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Options
    @zoefer of course ask your doctor first but one said we can start introducing baby food at four months. He said not to start until we go to our four month appt in may. I'm so excited to watch her try different foods though. 
  • Options
    @tvh1982 yay for naps!! I got Riley down for two 30 min naps today, and then our afternoon nap was terrible. He was kind of sleeping but if I fell out of his mouth (i nurse sleep his afternoon nap) he would get frantic, so after two hours of him basically eating nonstop, I called it. So I'm not going to push the morning naps again. And yes, he is so alert with learning right now,  i think most of his usual activities are blah to him. I hope he settles soon

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My DD & DS share peds and while were there today for her I asked him about his recent increased formula intake and he said that he's ready for cereal. He'll be 4 months next week and weighs 14 lbs 11oz. He said he probably needs the cereal to help him stay full longer since he isn't making it to his normal 3hr stretches in feedings. Gonna try this tomorrow night. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    I'm sure I asked this but can't remember for the formula feeding moms are you still waking your babies during the day to feed? I wake them up every 4 hours during the day. My mom said she thinks I shouldn't and that it's crazy and she never did it. My ped said to continue to wake them up at last visit. There weights are good 12 and 11lbs. Just wondering when we stop waking them to eat? As for cereal it's helping Brynn with reflux. Aubrey still doesn't seem as satisfied with it so I may need to add more then a teaspoon for every ounce. She usually gets 5oz but with cereal it's 4oz and 4 teaspoons. 
  • Options
    @capps42613 Eli wasn't making it 3 hours today either. I have only been putting a little rice cereal in his bottle at night but I wonder if his dr will tell me to start on a regular basis as well.
    @ultratomato - Eli's dr said I could stop waking him once he reached his birth weight. He is still pretty consistent on his own waking up though. I'm surprised your dr still wants you waking them at over 10 pounds. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited March 2017
    Not sure what they looked for, but it was at day 14 they said Pia could sleep for stretches of 5 hours and slowly increase after her own liking (not that she slept 5 hours by then)
    Think it was about her having a decent weight. @ultratomato

So this night I've been on and off awake since 4. As has Pia, she wakes, complains and falls asleep. Made a bottle ones as I thought she would really start to be upset, but nope she slept.
    Now it's 7am (she finished her last bottle at 10.50!) and is awake, moaning and looking for food I guess, a little talk and that's it.
    Will this be a start of sleeping through the night? (Here's hoping!)

• Options
    @tvh1982 wouldn't it be nice for her to start sleeping all night? Fx!

I broke down and had DH thaw a bottle last night cuz after nursing Riley for an hour at bedtime he was still awake and cry shrieking. I had to pass him off, which made me feel bad cuz DH has a cold and is so tired. And he won't accept a bottle from me (no Mom, I smell it fresh from the source.) By the time the bottle was ready.... Riley was passed out. He woke an hour later and needed a little snack,  and now is awake 3 hours later. I swear adding that extra nap this morning messed us all up. So now I have a bottle I have to use in the next two days. Harrumph.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tvh1982 FX that Pia has decided to sleep through the night! That would be so nice!
    @dragonfaerie- Riley must be going through a growth spurt or a leap. Here's hoping you both get some sleep!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I take my excitement back.
    She woke up with runny red eyes and a running nose.
    Drank half a bottle, puked it all out. Took a shower with me as we were both covered.
    She then had a new bottle as she of course was hungry and slept for another two hours. No fever, but a little higher than it should. 
    She still smiles and talks though!

Oh man Riley! Give your mommy a little break. I know she's the best, but you need your sleep little man so you can be as strong as daddy. 
    Hang in there @dragonfaerie!

• Options
    @tvh1982 do you think she's threw up bc they are testing her allergies? Poor thing
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dragonfaeriedragonfaerie member
    edited March 2017
    @tvh1982 Hugs! Thank you! You made me smile :)
    @Griffin5413 Definitely some mental growth going on with how much Riley is watching the world. :) Just keep swimming...
    We had a rough evening,  little man was sleepy so he wasn't eating efficiently, so he woke up more often. But it's a new day and we're going to have a great one!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It could be,or she's just not feeling well @griffin5413. They just called me from the hospital to see how she is. As the symptoms she has could either be from the testing, or she just feels ill they wrote down 'doubtful' and see next week which formula she has had. If she has had the regular one then she is still allergic. 
    But I honestly hope she has outgrown it, as there is sooo much food she can't eat. 
    Poor girl has a tough time right now, she's so tired but keeps waking up from a runny nose, watery eyes and she's probably very hungry as she keeps throwing it all up :(

• Options
    @ultratomato at 12lbs I still wake Viktoria during the day to feed. Not by doc recommendations but she should be getting 30oz of formula per day. She's really only getting about 26-27. Which is fine. But I noticed the more she eats and keeps to schedule the better she sleeps at night. I've just recently been feeding her a little more and the last two nights she has slept from 9pm-5am, ate and then 5:30am--7:45am. I rather wake her to eat during the day then have her be hungry in the middle of the night. 
  • Options
    I'm really struggling guys. I know it's not fair to expect our LOs to have any sort of schedule, but after weeks of decent sleep, it's hard to adjust to Riley waking all the time. He will accept the pacifier sometimes, but it's just a temporary fix, not enough to actually get sleep. I'm trying to remind myself that this will pass, but it's hard to stay positive on 3 hours of sleep 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @dragonfaerie- awww poor mama! It's so hard to think let alone be positive on no sleep! I'm sorry you guys are going through this. Eli rarely takes the pacifier to soothe when he's woken up for sleep. He will only use it to fall asleep when he is overly tired. Hoping you guys get some rest today! FX it's just a growth spurt or developmental leap where he is getting ready to see something new about the world! I know that's not helpful right now though. Maybe DH can give him a bottle next time so you can get a little sleep?
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry to hear this @dragonfaerie. Sure this will pass, but don't you just feel like punching that person who says that in the face and say 'that pain will pass!'
    Im not sure if it's possible, I read this on FB from another friend, who sleeps with her LO and has boobs out. It's kinda a self serving thing and she gets a wee bit of sleep. While her LO eats inbetween. 
    I also have heard great things about the playtex nurser baby bottle if you don't want to confuse the baby too much between boob and bottle. So maybe your DH can give a bottle while you get a wee bit of sleep?

• Options
    @Griffin5413 @tvh1982 Thank you ladies. Around 3ish when he woke up again,  DH put him in bed with me and we slept together while nursing, so more sleep was had. If we have another night like last night, he will get a bottle. I feel bad giving night duties to DH because he has work, but I have to for my sanity sometimes 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Completely understand @dragonfaerie.
    I find it incredibly hard to have my mum helping me a night and she doesn't even go to work the next day.
    But he'll manage one night, he can look at it as going to town, only one is drinking and passing out from it! 
    It's better to give him one night so you can recharge instead of loosing your sanity and needing more nights. 

• Options
    mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited March 2017
    @dragonfaerie oh I feel for you . Hang in there ! I still haven't let my DH give vince a bottle at night bc he has work and I feel bad but I think I'm gonna have to give in and just let him help out one of these days . Awhile back I let my mother in law give him bottles at night and I just woke up leaking .:( 

Vince's sleep is always changing . I feel like I can't get used to anything though it for the most part has gotten better . Hope you get rest and a break soon !!! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @tvh1982 haha, that's awesome! :) and you're right.  We're a team and we have to work together.
    @mskeenan They are definitely always throwing us for a loop. He slept good for so long, and now I'm struggling with this new "never know what tonight will bring" thing 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well ladies I have to go back to work on 4/7 ugh. I thought it was 4/11 but to go back to work on a Friday doesn't sound so bad I guess. Just will have to have my parents watch the babies those two days I didn't account for. My babies sleep is also all over the place one twin only woke up once two nights in a row and I thought we were getting somewhere then she went back to the same old two times like her sister ugh
  • Options
    @ultratomato Aw man, I'm sorry you have to go back to work sooner. :( 
    I hope you can get some sleep tonight.  These kiddos sleep schedules are ridiculous,  lol

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato - I'm in the same boat. I was originally going back on Monday the 3rd bc I am going on a trip Thursday and Friday of next week. However I am actually starting back next Wednesday the 29th. I figure having that extra day will let me get settled back in my office and through 4 months of emails. Plus the 3rd is the first business day of the month so it will probably be crazy
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato ah sorry you have to go back sooner than you expected !! Going back to work is hard but it does get easier with time . Hope it's a smooth transition back in and that the girls let you get enough sleep before you go back !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    @griffin5413 omg four months of emails ?! Lol it would be nice if you could just pretend they didn't exist 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    Thanks ladies and @Griffin5413 I have the same amount of emails waiting for me to not looking forward to it. Plus somebody took over my desk at work and luckily I packed my stuff up so I have no idea where I will be sitting which stinks. Also I have no idea what position I will be doing since it's wherever help is needed. Got to love state jobs. I was hoping to find a new one on leave I applied but never heard back from the few I did. Oh and DH may need to go to California for a week in the beginning of April. Lovely huh 
  • Options
    @ultratomato - that's such a bummer about not knowing what you will be doing. Hopefully it will be something you like more! 

Omg ladies Eli just slept from 8:25-3:45. He has never slept longer than 6 hours before! Maybe he knows how much i would like to have him sleep just a little longer before I go back to work. DH is going to be taking him to school most days so finding out our new morning routine has been a process.
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ultratomato ugh sorry you have to go back to work earlier than expected. 
    Today is my first day back to work but working from home. Back to the office in Nyc on Monday. I've been checking email and kinda working throughout my leave so I'm all caught up. It's actually not stressful at all right now but who knows how I'll feel when I have my two hour commute each way on Monday. Also my dumb ass decided to run a 5k in may. My first one ever and I'm not a runner. So I started training for that already. Not sure what I was thinking. I know 5k isn't too bad but it is for me. Lol 
  • Options
    @Drove2u How fun tho! You'll do great on your 5K!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Drove2u that's awesome that you are doing a 5k. I am not a runner at all but I would definitely walk one
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Feel for you ladies that have to go back to work.
    Im honestly rethinking my moving back to NL as I can't think of going back to a new job, miss my old (as well as my friends and life, just not the weather)

Kuddos to you @drove2u!
    I actually thought today I should start running tomorrow. After Pia has been born I eat out of boredom and there is soooo much choice here (Norway didn't had that)
    My uncle popped by Wednesday and he wondered if I was cooking another baby.
    He's such an arse (but we love him and he'll be Pia's godfather)
    He came to check on us girls and caught us on a bad time. Pia having high fever and me just not being happy living here. So he had two girls crying whom needed cheering up. Bet he thinks twice before popping by again :)

• Options
    @tvh1982 I'm sorry you two were having a tough day. Hope you feel better soon!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @tvh1982 I'm sorry you've had a rough day. Hopefully Pia feels better soon! I can't imagine leaving my friends and a job I love. I bet it's harder though bc the flip side is that you are close to family. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker