June 2017 Moms

Baby's Weight @ 28 weeks

just had an appointment yesterday and DD is measuring at 2.9lbs ! we're 28 weeks.  doctor wasn't concerned but I googled of course and saw average weight at 28 weeks was 2.2lbs. 

Curious to see, what's your baby's weight ?? 

Re: Baby's Weight @ 28 weeks

• So you trust google over your doctor?
  • Loading the player...
  • Weights on ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate. Many obs don't even check them because inaccurate measurements can lead to unnecessary interventions. My last doctor told me once that there was a study out showing that moms' guesses as to their baby's weights were more accurate than ultrasound measurements. If your doc isn't worried, you shouldn't be either.
  • Who are you even?
  • ahhhh thank you all for your comments.  I of course trust my doctor more than google!!! forgive me,  I'm a worry worm.  We have a 3yr old daughter and in between her and this pregnancy I've had 2 miscarriages.  I guess because of that it makes me nitpick even though I know I shouldn't!  I was just curious to see others weights, that's all!  Sending good vibes to all my other June mommies!! 

• I'll let you know in June when she's born. Everything else is a guess.
  • Who are you?  Why are you randomly showing up to make an AW post about yourself when you've never been a part of our board before. 

Also Thank you

• Wow so sorry.  Wasn't an aw post.  just being completely honest as I thought that's what these groups were for.  You're right I just showed up,  I used to go on before for support to the June 2013 group when I had my first daughter and thought oh maybe I'll post something in June 2017 group for some input. Because back then it was a huge support for me.   But damn yeah I'll leave.  I didn't realize it was so exclusive.  
  • hahahhaha from one busy mom to another.  Best of luck to you.  Internet thuggin' at its best.  ✌
  • Hey -
    I myself will start weekly growth scans because I am high risk.  The other ladies are right in saying that they can do their best to estimate, however it is an estimation that can be somewhat off.  That being said, when I went in at my last scan at 26 weeks, they said baby was about 2lbs already.  Try not to Google too much.  I am a bumpie from the past too.  Things have changed quite a bit around on the boards.  Best of luck to you!!  
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• kensbbykensbby member
    edited March 2017
    *Removed for TOU Violation*
  • Stankonia2014Stankonia2014 member
    edited March 2017
    *Removed for Quoting TOU Violation*
    Yet stated that her doctor wasn't concerned...

Yesterday at 28+4, they estimated my kid weighed 2lbs, 13 oz (44th percentile). My doctor wasn't concerned, so because I'm not an MD, I'm kind of going to trust the guy I enlisted to help me birth my child, and maybe not Google.
  • Well @kensbby telling us you know 13 year olds isn't much of a stretch is it?  Given that you're 18. 
  • kensbbykensbby member
    edited March 2017
    *Removed for TOU Violation*
  • Wino0920Wino0920 member
    edited March 2017
    Exactly, it's a public forum so people can respond how ever they want. 

Support and help doesn't always mean coddling. You need to be honest with people (also does not mean bitchy). This woman was going to take advice from google over her doctor. That's not ok. 
  • Millar321 said:
    just had an appointment yesterday and DD is measuring at 2.9lbs ! we're 28 weeks.  doctor wasn't concerned but I googled of course and saw average weight at 28 weeks was 2.2lbs. 

She didn't say she was going to DO anything. She was curious. 
  • kensbby said:
    Millar321 said:

She didn't say she was going to DO anything. She was curious. 
    Yes, but she was curious because she was concerned. She was concerned because google told her to be. If she is listening to google over her doctor, then comes here and just one person says "my doc didn't like it and we did this.." or some variation, it would've opened a new can of worms. She believed google, she is going to believe internet stranger. Every case is different and you don't know everyone's history. That's why we have doctors. 
  • erinh84erinh84 member
    edited March 2017
    Oh no you didn't hun.....Thank you!

eta: I love titted almost everyone on this thread. I heart you guys.
  • This thread has been closed to new posts due to the discussion’s unwelcoming tone. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the The Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"