May 2017 Moms

polyhydramnios experience?

home and pretty freaked out. Diagnosed with polyhydramnios. Basically just too much fluid. Bringing me in 2x a week to monitor with ultrasound and NST and possible early delivery at 38 weeks. Fears of water breaking on own, and cord prolapse are high so they're watching me closely. I'm pretty scared and google didn't help. Doctor just seemed serious about explaining everything and the importance of watching it. But unfortunately there isn't anything I can do. Does anyone else have experience with this? 
With my son I had a lot of fluid and he came at 37 on his own. But they never mentioned a condition such as this. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: polyhydramnios experience?

• SKZWSKZW member
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I have no helpful specific info to share, but sending you hugs and good vibes! You and baby are in my thoughts.
  • I have nothing but positive thoughts for you. Hopefully you find some information and relief soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Big hugs girl! I don't have any experience, but it's good to know your doctor is watching you closely! Try and stay away from google! 
  • I had a lot of fluid last time but was never actually diagnosed, they just mentioned it. I've done some reading on it though, and am wishing you the best possible outcome. Hope your babe cooks as long as possible!
  • No experience here either, but sending you positive vibes and prayers! 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• No experience but your team should keep you in the loop if there's anything specific for you to do. Can't tell you not to worry because we mamas are really good at that. Thinking of you and wishing you a healthy rest of your pregnancy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No experience or advice, but sending lots of positive vibes that your LO stays put as long as possible.
  • afsmbb said:
    I was diagnosed with it in my first pregnancy at 32 weeks. Same thing I had to go 2x/week for NST and ultrasound. They kept a close eye and ended up inducing me at 39 weeks 3 days. They broke my water at the hospital and it just ended up being that I had a lot of fluid because my son was big (9 lbs 2 oz). I freaked out too when they first told me and spent time worrying but honestly everything was fine and I came to find out that it is relatively common. Hope that helps!
    Thank you for sharing this! I wonder if I really had it with DS2 since they commented on me having about a gallon of fluid when they broke my water at the hospital and he was 3 weeks early at 8lbs. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no experience with this, but I'm glad to hear that they caught it and they are keeping a close watch on you! I know it's hard to stay off Google...but try to for the sake of your sanity! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm so sorry you're dealing with added stress/worry! I just had a growth scan this morning and the tech mentioned that I have a lot of fluid, but she didn't say anything more and the MFM doctor who spoke with us after didn't mention it. I had no idea there was such a thing has having too much! Hopefully all will be fine though and it never hurts to have increased monitoring.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • I also got the poly diagnosis today. She's consulting without MFM to see if they want further testing and she mentioned maybe delivering early.  I already have a 39.0 induction scheduled so will see if they want earlier than that.  She said I'll probably be more uncomfortable and be bigger but hopefully that's it. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • I also got the poly diagnosis today. She's consulting without MFM to see if they want further testing and she mentioned maybe delivering early.  I already have a 39.0 induction scheduled so will see if they want earlier than that.  She said I'll probably be more uncomfortable and be bigger but hopefully that's it. 
    Bummer news but hoping the best for us both. And the discomfort is insane. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Bummer news but hoping the best for us both. And the discomfort is insane. 
    I'm definitely more uncomfortable this time but I just figured was a normal STM symptom. With DD I had oligo (too low fluid) the whole time so this is the exact opposite
                     imageimage
    Anniversary