Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin 03/14/2017

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin 03/14/2017

• @PoeMasque - I am dying to hear too! I am stalking you in the IVF thread! FX FX FX for you! 
  • @BWhitta 10 weeks :o what is their theory in waiting that long? 

@PoeMasque bon chance to those wee 8!
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @BWhitta I tested positive for the MTHFR gene too.  My RE, genetic counselor, and a maternal fetal medicine doctor I met with weren't the least bit concerned about it so hopefully it isn't going to be a big deal for you either.  So sorry you are in such a low spot. Dealing with loss is hard enough without everyone around you (or so it seems) getting and staying pregnant.  This entire process is so taxing on your mental health.  Happy to see you pop back in and I hope these next ten weeks fly by for you and even more so I hope you start to feel a little better soon. 

@PoeMasque congrats on the 8 eggs!!  Sending lots of positive vibes and prayers that all 8 make it to blast.  :) 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Ugh - sorry everyone, need to have a rant.
    After months of avoiding the topic, yesterday afternoon I decided to finally open up to my mum and tell her about my IF issues. And of course I get the dismissive reaction, the "it'll happen when its meant to happen", "you're still young, you have nothing to worry about", "worrying will only make it worse", etc etc.
    I told her that its much easier said than done, and asked her (**potential TW**) if she had any issues TTC (I knew she didn't) to see if that'd give her a bit of perspective, and her response: "Oh not at all! I got pregnant with your sister on the first month of trying, and we were trying to prevent when we got pregnant with you".
    Great. Thanks for the pep talk.. :s
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @MountainLady thank you!  They put me on an Rx so I think he wants to see how that affects my condition I guess?  Ugh, I don't know, my doctor is "kind of a big deal" around here, so while I totally trust that he'll get us there...he's not super easy to work with. 

@Worldtravler0522 hi, old friend :smile: yes he said because it was only a single mutation it shouldn't be an issue but he still prescribed me Folgard which is just a big B vitamin with folic acid but of course when I googled Folgard for MTHFR everything that came up was super negative...I guess there's a big argument between folic acid and folate, but I'm just hoping since I only have a single mutation it's not a big deal anyway.  Again, my doc is "a big deal" around here so I'm just trying to trust him bc it's better for my sanity!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @BWhitta I'm on folgard too! When I brought up some concerns I read online my RE was like well some people who aren't medical professionals believe xyz and after our discussion I felt confident in my care. Really all of this comes down to do you trust the doctor or not and if you don't then you should move on.  So bummed for you that they are retesting in 10 weeks, did they say what they are hoping to find? 

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• @Worldtravler0522 I feel comfortable trusting his decision too :smile: I think he just wants to see what happens after I take the Folgard for a while and everything was so borderline I guess he wants to retest before treating me for the clotting...I don't know, I am so anxious to do a medicated cycle (especially because my period hasn't shown up in several weeks now) but I also gained a lot of weight during and after my pregnancies so I'd like to try and be as healthy as possible when we try again so I am just focusing on that while we wait!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @PoeMasque Ahhh FX for many embryos!!!

@Tops I'm sorry about the insensitivity. My mom sort of had to deal with some stuff to get pregnant with my oldest brother, but I'm hesitant to tell other people for fear they'll give the dreaded "relax" advice too.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @funkykey and @hoffmanr7 how big were your cysts? I had a 13mm on my right but my nurse didn't seem concerned about it. I'm wondering if I should proceed with this cycle or if it will be a waste of an IUI? 

@BWhitta I'm sorry for the combination of being in an emotional low point and having to wait so long. But I am glad you decided to rejoin us so we can support you. 

@Tops I'm so sorry about your mom. When I first told mine she was like well it will happen soon I'm sure, all your father and I had to do was say we wanted a baby & boom we were pregnant. As time has gone on (we're 3.5 years in) she's finally realized just how much of a struggle it really is. hopefully your mom comes around soon <3

@PoeMasque hoping for good news and that you have lots of fertilized eggs!!!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @SoonToBeMommaHowe - I think mine both were like 18-22mm, but I don't have any written results. I think it's only a concern for the doctors because I'm on clomid - clomid can make cysts worse, and most certainly caused my cysts. So they wanted me to take a break - which makes sense. 

We only do the IUIs with clomid, so that's why we're skipping this round. If you're on another drug, or not on any drugs, the concerns may be different.
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe- I don't remember exactly right off hand, but I do know it was like mid 20mm range.  I know it probably wasn't, but to me from the ultrasound it looked like half my ovary. lol
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @Tops ugh, I can't stand it when people tell you to relax and it will happen. Especially when it's women who got pregnant the first month (even more annoying when it's men who don't even understand how a menstrual cycle works!). I have no qualms about explaining the research on how stress levels do NOT affect fertility, it's a numbers game, the more months you try, the more likely you are to get KU. It has nothing to do with relaxing. Sorry, I just am so tired of hearing that from people. 

AFM: We got the call that out of 8 eggs, 7 were mature and SIX fertilized! I was over the moon! Now we actually have a tiny chance at banking some for later. I'm hoping that at least 4 make it to day five for testing. I think we get an update tomorrow. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tops my MIL and SIL are in the camp of it will happen when its meant to/ you're trying to hard, just let it happen. They also ask DH if I'm pregnant yet almost every time he talks to them, then follow it up with that statement. *TW* SIL has had four children while trying to prevent. The first one she got pregnant with at 15 *TW* Luckily my side of the family is much more supportive. One of my aunts needed Clomid to get pregnant and one needed IVF.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • @PoeMasque that's great news!!  I hope you end up with 6 on day 5 :)

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• @Tops - Ugh, some people are ignorant. It sucks - and it especially sucks when it's someone in your family. Sorry you had to go through that.
  • @funkykey this will be letrozole cycle #2 for me, but I'm not sure the meds are what caused my cyst because I had a cyst the same size at the beginning of last cycle before I had taken any meds at all. I'm gonna go back in on cd14 to check and see how the follies look and fingers crossed there's something other than a big cyst on my right!

@PoeMasque what great news about your eggs!! 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Just a quick update, we are down to 3 as of yesterday, so they canceled pgs testing and we are transferring whatever embryos remain tomorrow morning. They did say all three "look good" but that was all the info I got. I can't wait to get these little guys back in there so I can send them good vibes!! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - FX! You are going to transfer all 3?
    I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending you all my good vibes. I know this is probably super, super stressful - like, I'm on eggshells for you, and I'm not even you! 

Good luck!!!!