September 2017 Moms

Feeling movement?

I'm only 13 weeks but I swear I've felt the baby move! I looked online and read that you feel movement earlier in your second pregnancy but you still won't feel it until 16+ weeks. Anyone else think they've felt little flutters? 

Re: Feeling movement?

• I'm 16 weeks and haven't felt a thing, other than just getting bigger already.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At 15 weeks I asked the ultrasound tech if it was him I felt, she asked a few questions, watched how wild he is in the ultra sound, and said oh I believe you he's crazy in there. Lol this one is my first and I thought I was crazy but the ultrasound tech and the doctor both agree it was probably him.
  • Loading the player...
  • at 13 weeks the baby is about 3 inches long so still pretty small and surrounded by lots of fluids. Is it possible the flutters you feel are gas?
  • 15+4 Second time Mom and I have felt the baby one- two times a day "move" this past week. It is possible.  Everybody is different depending on where baby and uterus is located.  You won't feel kicks or punches but could feel the butterfly feeling.
  • I'm anxiously awaiting the first flutters! Only 15 weeks here but I'm trying to be more aware of my body as I get further along so I don't miss it. Knowing my luck I probably won't feel a thing until 20 weeks lol They say you just know it's different from gas and other stuff when you feel it the first time. But, like, *how* is it different? That might be a stupid FTM question but Imma ask anyway lol 
  • edited March 2017
    I felt crampy at my NT scan when I was 13+4. When I saw her, she was moving around like crazy! Then next day we had our elective, she wasn't moving as much and I wasn't crampy. The tech had me wiggle my hips...sure enough it got her moving and I started to feel crampy again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my 3rd baby so I was hoping I would feel movement soon, but so far nothing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't feel movement with my first until... maybe after 20 weeks? I can't remember for sure, but it was much later. 2nd pg I don't think was much earlier. It's really surprising to hear FTMs who feel their babies at 14 weeks, etc. My 3rd I felt flutters around 15 wks, and now with twins (7th pg, 5th past 13 wks) I started feeling them around 14+3 for the first time. 
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• I think I felt DS around 18w or so, and DH was able to feel him around 22w.  I'm 15+4 right now, and I'm definitely feeling light flutters.  I honestly wouldn't have recognized it for movement the first time around.  

Also, the placement of your placenta can have a big effect on when/ where you feel the baby.  I have an anterior placenta (at the front of my stomach) this time, as I did with DS.  I didn't get to see any of the fun stuff, like a foot sliding across my stomach, but he definitely made my stomach jump a lot!  Anterior placentas also usually mean that you feel the baby down low and on the sides more than the front.  You can ask when you have an ultrasound where it is located.  It does not affect your pregnancy otherwise.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I felt small flutters around then and I really haven't felt anything noticeable since..I thought I did last night but it seemed like too many to be the baby lol
  • For the first time Mom question.  You will know it is "different" because it will literally stop you in your tracks.  The first time I felt my son I was at work walking and I literally stopped when I felt the flutter.
  • I agree with all PP. I will add this too. There were times earlier on in my pregnancy (16 weeks now) that I thought I felt movement, but the more I paid attention and thought, the more I think it was just uterus twitches. I had similar feelings after my delivery of DD, from where my uterus was shrinking. I think it is some of the feeling from where the uterus is expanding.

• Me! Me!  
  • I had what I think is my first movement at 15+3.  I was at work and it stopped me dead in my tracks.  It felt different than anything I've felt before and i know for certain it wasn't gas.  I haven't felt anything since, so we'll see when they become more frequent.  I thought it was too early to feel anything but I asked my OB this morning and he said the LO's been measuring bigger at about a week ahead the last 2 ultrasounds, so it was most likely that that was my first "kick". 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • I'm 16+4 and I haven't felt anything yet. Not even flutters :( I felt DD really early in my first pregnancy. 
  • I'm 12 weeks 4 days, third baby. I haven't felt flutters, even when the tech is pressing hard with the ultrsound wand and the baby is wiggling and getting down. 
  • I'm only 13 weeks but I swear I've felt the baby move! I looked online and read that you feel movement earlier in your second pregnancy but you still won't feel it until 16+ weeks. Anyone else think they've felt little flutters? 
    It is possible to feel the baby at 13 weeks if it's your second pregnancy! I am most definite that I felt a movement yesterday at 12 weeks and 3 days! Baby is the size of a lemon and if you know how movement feels like, they should be what you think it is! Although I must add I felt baby move at 9 weeks which was most probably gas or something else! But this time I am certain!
  • My rule is if i have to question whether or not it was movement, it wasn't movement. I felt DS at 16 weeks and it felt more like little pokes than flutters. 
  • LynnBrown4LynnBrown4 member
    edited March 2017
    This time I started feeling flutters at 12 wks. Now I'm 14+1, and feeling regular movement. First time around I felt nothing until 17-18 weeks. Everyone and every baby is different. My first has been extremely active since in-utero days. Looking like this one will be the same. I think the mother's build and placenta placement plays a role in when movement is felt too.
  • 14 + 6 days with my 4th pregnancy.  I have definitely felt some flutters in there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 15+6 I haven't felt anything yet  :'(
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Im about 16 weeks and lately I thought I may have but I assume its not since Im not really sure. I feel like Im analyzing everything I feel right now because Im so anxious. I cant wait to start feeling movement. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I felt movement this time at just after 12 week mark, but not anything consistent of course just a flutter and then nothing for like 2 weeks and then flutters again and then nothing and now feel off an on at 16 weeks 
  • Second time mom here. I will be 14 weeks on Friday and have definitely felt movement. It is much earlier than my son who I didn't feel until close to my anatomy scan...Around 18 weeks.
  • Two weeks ago I had a 48 hour gap between an ultrasound at my Dr.s office, and my NT scan. On the day between, I felt what I can only describe as a quick woosh on my right side. I didn't feel like gas or the other aches and twinges I've felt, but I thought I was surely too early to feel the baby. But when I went in for my NT scan, the baby had moved- his head had been on my left side the day before, and was now on the right. I can't know for sure, but I really think I felt him flip over. I haven't felt anything since, though, and I also have an anterior placenta, so I don't expect to feel much for several weeks. 

• STM here and I started feeling movement just last week. I knew what it was immediately!! I'm 14w 3days now. My doctor yesterday even asked me at my appintment if I was feeling anything yet and said 13-14 weeks happens often with 2nd pregnancies. The first time around I didn't feel anything til about 18 weeks. 
  • lap018 said:
    I felt movement this time at just after 12 week mark, but not anything consistent of course just a flutter and then nothing for like 2 weeks and then flutters again and then nothing and now feel off an on at 16 weeks 
    Same
  • I've noticed it about 3 times and only when I'm really still. It just a little flutter. It's possible it's gas (one of my least favorite pregnancy symptoms) or it's also possible they estimated my due date wrong and I could be a little farther along. We'll see what they say next time I have a sonogram. 
  • I have felt baby twice now. Once about a week ago and then again this morning. Apparently Laurel didn't like it when my belly touched DH's freezing cold back. 
  • First baby was always crazy on the ultrasound and I was like "How do I not feel that?!" I didn't feel it for sure until after 20 weeks. This time I'm 16w and haven't felt anything for sure yet. This baby seems a lot lies active on ultrasounds though. I also agree with @DPandMB about the uterus twitches. I had what I called "phantom" kicks for months after having DD, I wonder if the same feeling of the uterus shrinking is when the uterus is growing.
  • awildroseawildrose member
    edited March 2017
    16+4 with my third baby. I've felt a couple little movements since Sunday... but with my first two I didn't feel them until 18 and 19 weeks. I was surprised I felt DD2 later than DD1, but she was more chill in the womb throughout the whole pregnancy then her big sister, so it made sense after a while. Lol
    Edit: spelling ( I hate mobile Bump)
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • I'm 13+2 with my second and I am 100% sure that last night, I felt movement. I felt it pretty early with my first too. Last time it was around 16 weeks that I felt kicks and DH was able to feel them at 18, but I lost soooo much weight from being so sick until about 20 weeks, I was extremely thin and I really think that made a difference. This time, I'm a bit thicker  ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I stand corrected on my answer.  Last night something was going on in there and it wasn't gas.  My first time around I didnt feel anything until about 21 weeks so I was really surprised when I felt something (in my last two ultrasounds baby has been extremely wiggly) and I was feeling more shortly ago this morning.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't remember how far along I was when I felt my first, but I want to say something more like 18-ish weeks. This time, I've felt it a few times, but only when laying down and being still, like if I'm about to go to sleep. I definitely felt it yesterday when I was laying face down for a massage. I wonder if STMs can "feel" the baby earlier because they know what it feels like, or if there is another reason behind it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Can I add a dumb question to this? When you start feeling those little flutters, how frequently do you feel them? I cant remember what it was like with my first.

• I am pretty sure I haven't felt anything yet (well, anything but gas pains  :# )

@ColoradoHiker @amandarene112, I found out looking at the online lab results from my NT scan that my placenta is anterior (no one mentioned anything to me). Dr. Google freaked me out talking about how babies can be more likely to be born sunny-side-up (aka extra painful and sometimes more difficult labor) with an anterior placenta. Did your doctors ever mention any other issues like that? 
  • @zetega I don't think I had an anterior placenta, but my last one was born sunny-side-up. I didn't even know until they told me afterwards. It wasn't really that big of a deal, but then again I had an epidural. It did take me about an hour and a half to push her out, but nobody seemed concerned, so I wasn't either.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I felt DS at 20 weeks and this baby at the very end of 13 weeks 
  • @hatrats that is comforting, thanks. I'm a big ol wimp, and already scared enough of labor without thinking of other ways it could be even worse. hah. 
  • zetega said:
    I am pretty sure I haven't felt anything yet (well, anything but gas pains  :# )

@ColoradoHiker @amandarene112, I found out looking at the online lab results from my NT scan that my placenta is anterior (no one mentioned anything to me). Dr. Google freaked me out talking about how babies can be more likely to be born sunny-side-up (aka extra painful and sometimes more difficult labor) with an anterior placenta. Did your doctors ever mention any other issues like that? 
    I had an anterior placenta with DD and the only issues it ever caused or my doctor discussed with me was not feeling movement as much or as early as I would have if the placenta was elsewhere. And early on the doctor had a hard time finding the heart beat since she could not pick it up through the placenta. I'm a little fluffy in the middle so that made it harder for her to find the heart beat from the side. Bonus when she couldn't find the heart beat easily I got an ultrasound before leaving the office!!!! So I got to see baby more often!!