September 2017 Moms
Options

The pressure of having one sex over the other **update

2»

Re: The pressure of having one sex over the other **update

• Options
    Every one talks as if this baby is a girl. With my first they told us at 18 weeks we were having a girl... Then surprise! At 38 weeks they confirmed he was a healthy large boy. One week before we had him. I wouldn't of changed a thing. So this time we are team Green. Which we are excited about. However now everyone talks as if we are finally getting our girl. Umm it took us 8 yrs to have another I just want a baby. Plus I don't know if my husband can handle the girl teenage years. 
  • Options
    @wineren Interesting comment for a coworker to make.

I've had three friends recently announce the gender of their babies, and they do a vote thing on Facebook the day before or a few hours before. Someone always comments "twins!" SMH... I just want to tell them, "You do realize she's had two maybe three ultrasounds by now, countless visits finding a heartbeat, and she's already 20 weeks along. It's one baby." I mean I realize things like that do happen once in a blue moon, but come on really?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm always asked if I have a preference and of course I say No. We wanted another baby. I have a girl and my sister has 2 girls so naturally everyone asks if I want a boy. I don't understand being asked which I prefer since I can't change it. I am interested to know if we continue the girls or a boy, but doesn't matter of course. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MyNamesTakenMyNamesTaken member
    edited March 2017
    @MrsVP614 I know right! I think it came from a place of religious nutterism (the dream was a sign from God) but no one else in her family has views like that so I'm not sure how it became so extreme for her. 

ETA: extremism is probably a better word? I don't know. Her family are just run of the mill protestants so I don't know where their interpretations diverged so far.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    All the yes. This is our third baby, and every time we've been pregnant there is this immense pressure from each side for a girl. It always makes me sad and makes me worried that they wont be as excited or love a little boy as much. 

• Options
    Yay. Glad you announced and no longer have to stress. Enjoy all the girls. They are easier to potty train anyway. ;-) 

• Options
    DPandMB said:
    Yay. Glad you announced and no longer have to stress. Enjoy all the girls. They are easier to potty train anyway. ;-) 
    YES! YES YES!  DD has been potty trained since August and it was a breeze!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SugarRush YAY for you guys!!! Congrats!!!! I'm an only child so I know your DD will be thrilled to have a sister.  I begged my parents for one for years and got NADA!!! 
  • Options
    @SugarRush Yay! Congrats on the girl. Glad you can move past the stress. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    We found out we are having a boy yesterday and the first response from my mother was "well, I guess you'll need to have another" 
    this pressure to have a girl is ridiculous. We will have two boys and I'm fine. I don't think I want a third. And heck, it could be a 3rd boy! 
    My SIL and her husband just had their third boy. When they went in to find out the sex and the tech told them it was a boy, he said "Well shit." :flushed:
    I get mad when I think about it. 
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 my husband is one of 4 boys and I have 3 brothers. We are not going to keep trying for a girl, nope. We only have 2 nieces among 8 children as well. 
  • Options
    @SugarRush congratulations!!! Another sweet little girl sounds so wonderful!!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. We are having boy number 2 and ive been asked by multiple people if "im happy" about it ..even the registry lady at babies r us...i would have loved a girl  since this the last planned baby we are having but of course im happy wth question is that
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • Options
    @Texafornian thanks lady, big hugs to you and been thinking about you  <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! Babies of any sex are amazing and we grow them! It is just so crazy to me that our bodies grow these tiny humans! This is baby #3 for us and the sex has never been A concern. I love babies/kids and don't think having children should be about getting the "social standard" family of one of each. So annoying. With that being said, we do have one of each and everyone in my husband s family has 2 kids. Just so happens one of each. So his moms reaction was you know how that happens right? I would have liked to respond with yep and your son is damn good at it!! But I didn't....
  • Options
    Hi! Don't even get me started.. I'm just hoping for another healthy baby, no matter what the gender. Let's be thankful for this amazing chance to grow, nurture, and give birth to another human being. Sometimes people forget just how awesome that fact alone is.
  • Options
    yesipila said:
    Hi! Don't even get me started.. I'm just hoping for another healthy baby, no matter what the gender. Let's be thankful for this amazing chance to grow, nurture, and give birth to another human being. Sometimes people forget just how awesome that fact alone is.
    Hi! Why don't you head over to our **Read This First** post to get started and then introduce yourself in the intro thread!