June 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/20

let's hear it ladies!

I'm just here to bitch about the glucose drink I have to chug in a few minutes. Ugh nasty.

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/20

• Spring break is over.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• I have a few. I am livid with Motherhood Maternity. I placed a big order a few weeks ago and only received a few items. I called the company a few times to get help and they have THE WORST customer service. They keep telling me I will get info in 24/48 hours. At this point I just want a refund so that I can order what I need elsewhere. I'll never shop with them again.
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to punt kick my DD. She was the biggest asshole this morning and made for a very trying start to the day. I'm hoping she is better when I pick her up from " school."
  • bergberg member
    @Elyse1384 I feel like the meme is me every night (plus Tommy Boy is everything).  But I will say being puked on is far worst then having a cat sneeze on your face every night around 2am.  I don't even know how you were able to function today.  You deserve all the treats!
  • I stayed home today so I could be here when our cable and Internet guy came to set up the new house. He's asking all kinds of questions and running into different issues and I have no idea how to answer him. I thought it was basically my job to just be here while things were fixed, not make decisions on things I'm uninformed about. And my DF told me he doesn't appreciate having to step out of class to answer my questions. Sooo if whatever I okayed was wrong or expensive, oh well!
  • Ugh @Elyse1384, that sounds awful. I hope DS is feeling better soon!
  • Kids puking in the middle of the night is the absolute worst! Hope he feels better, @Elyse1384.

MBF: I'm dealing with some sort of stomach issue (thanks, family potluck, I assume), but I can't go home because I have tomorrow off, so I'm stuck chugging pepto and running to the bathroom every 30 mins. 
  • @stankonia2014 I hope you feel better!  I'm always cautious at family potlucks.  Tummy troubles are no fun :-(
  • I got glutened this weekend. I'm half irritated that I get to be sick and dizzy for the next few days and half super depressed that I will never get to enjoy red vines again. Who knew they had wheat in them?? Damn gluten intolerance!! 
  • itsfine said:
    I want to punt kick my DD. She was the biggest asshole this morning and made for a very trying start to the day. I'm hoping she is better when I pick her up from " school."
    I laughed entirely TOO loud at this. I know you're upset but I felt this same way ALL weeekend with my DD....
    *sigh* 

• DH is deployed so I'm handling the very few "man tasks". Had the oil changed and let them convince me to have them "clean the battery." Turns out they didn't reconnect said battery correctly. After going out to eat with both kids (thanks spring break) the truck won't start. I can't wait to have wine tonight....oh wait 
  • We spent 4 days with my mom and 1 with my in laws and just got home today and my DH jetted and went straight to work leaving me to unload and unpack everything and deal with the 2 cranky toddlers.  I know he is super overwhelmed and stressed at work so I won't say anything but it made me cranky.

Both kids are still napping and its 4:30.  I should probably wake them up but im enjoying this quiet time.  Also we don't have groceries so I'm debating jimmy johns or pizza for dinner. 
  • CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited March 2017
    Dear (multiple) grocery store cashiers that I just dealt with, 

The card I am trying to use is a prepaid MasterCard. It does not have a chip so no, I cannot use the chip reader to pay, stop asking. It is a credit card and functions as a credit card (not a gift card), so no you do not need to know the exact balance on it to be able to punch it in as a payment option, nor does it print a balance remaining at the end of each transaction, so stop asking. Yes, I am sure there is enough money on it to pay for my groceries, I checked the balance online earlier today and I am 100% positive that there is way more than enough left as a balance, so stop f*#%ing asking. Your machine keeps reading "card reader error", not "card declined" so the problem is on your end, not mine, but thanks for assuming that I'm the idiot here. 

From, 
    hangry pregnant CapricaAndrea 

• neludelu said:
    I have a few. I am livid with Motherhood Maternity. I placed a big order a few weeks ago and only received a few items. I called the company a few times to get help and they have THE WORST customer service. They keep telling me I will get info in 24/48 hours. At this point I just want a refund so that I can order what I need elsewhere. I'll never shop with them again.
    If/when I get pregnant again I will not shop at Motherhood. I had lots of maternity clothes with the tags on them when I lost my girls. Nothing I can do with anything I bought from Motherhood because of their strict 30 day return policy. Macy's took everything back no questions asked and will for up to a full year. I also have a $50 gift card and no place else to spend it. Macy's sells all the same brands as them. 
  • @FSUNole31 kids can really be obnoxious like that.  When we make a big batch we freeze the extras for middle of the week when they decide they want pancakes.  Toss in the toaster for a few seconds and they are just like new.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why is it when we know we can't have something we want it the most! I really want pancakes and a blizzard from DQ. I started my new diet since being diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week and all I can think about is sweets. 
  • jennas312jennas312 member
    edited March 2017
    Am I the only one that didn't mind the glucose drink? Tasted like orange soda to me!
    I feel like since I passed the test I've been eating lots of sweets. My birthday was last week and there were work birthdays and baby showers and dinner last week and irish potatoes andddd thats a lot.
    Since last Sunday I probably ate 5 pieces of cake. Soooo I better cool it! 

My bf would be picking between relatives for holidays. My mother cooks practically every holiday and I always want to go to their house. I hate having to pick and choose. We started xmas being every other family each year, but holidays like mother's day and Easter are up in the air. Makes me upset when I don't go to my parent's house.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jennas312 I remember thinking it wasn't terrible last time either. Mine tasted like flat Sprite. I felt terrible after though. 
  • LOTON01 said:
    neludelu said:
    I have a few. I am livid with Motherhood Maternity. I placed a big order a few weeks ago and only received a few items. I called the company a few times to get help and they have THE WORST customer service. They keep telling me I will get info in 24/48 hours. At this point I just want a refund so that I can order what I need elsewhere. I'll never shop with them again.
    If/when I get pregnant again I will not shop at Motherhood. I had lots of maternity clothes with the tags on them when I lost my girls. Nothing I can do with anything I bought from Motherhood because of their strict 30 day return policy. Macy's took everything back no questions asked and will for up to a full year. I also have a $50 gift card and no place else to spend it. Macy's sells all the same brands as them. 
    I'm learning that they are famous for their crappy customer service. I am so sorry that you had that experience.
  • @jennas312 I didn't mind the glucose drink either. Tasted like melted orange popsicles to me.   It just made me feel a bit dehydrated that's about it.  I chugged it down like it was nobodies business.  
  • @jennas312 I don't mind the drink, either. My OB allows me to drink it over ice, though, so I'm sure that helps! I think that it tastes like really sweet Gatorade. I was the same way with the sweets last time - I wasn't really into sweets before the drink, and then after I wanted allllllll the candy for the rest of my pregnancy. 
  • My BF would be to the ahole who stuffed a bunch of cigarette butt's into an empty cereal box and shoved that into our mailbox for DH to find. Not freaking cool dude.

What's worse is that I've been finding cigarette butt's near the mailbox for months even though neither we nor our neighbors smoke. It weirds me out that someone is standing out there smoking all the time. 
  • I'd like to tell our builder to fuck off.  We signed all the contracts to build yesterday. Gave a check for 4K as earnest money.   Today the builder sends the contracts back asking to change the conditions... that if the deal falls through for any reason the get to keep 3k of our money.  Um no.  We may be walking away and start our new home search again.  So frustrating.  
  • DD hit a parked car in the parking lot at school today. She called it a "scratch". I would call it more of a big, huge, stupid dent in ours and she drug that dented bumper all the way across the side of the other car. If you feel a bump, STOP! Our deductible is $1500. Bleeding money over here...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • @LOTON01 That's makes me so mad for you!!

My clothing beef is with Macy's maternity section. They removed the maternity section from ALL of our local Macy's. Their solution? Buy a variety of sizes online and return what you don't want/fit/need.

UM how about no?! That's what I want to do in store, minus the unnecessary returning of items. I want to try stuff on because all the brands have a different definition of my size. And I'm stuck with a bunch of Macy's gift cards. Did I mention they also stopped carrying my shoe size in store and provided the same solution for that?!?!

• I felt like a shitty mom today. No patience for questions, tears, or her feelings. Just all around awful. And normally I feel like super mom. Just not a great day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • @Wearmi1 we were under contract to build before we moved posts. We were supposed to break ground Sept 3rd. Our realtor said she would send pictures so we could see the progress. The 6th rolled around and still no pictures so I started bugging her (I was excited). Come to find out our contractor and "the dirt guy" were having an argument over dirt pricing. So the contractor​ couldn't/wouldn't start building in our phase of the neighborhood until they came to an agreement. Our contract stated the house would be done by the end of December. But because of the delay, they wouldn't make it so they broke our contract. Stressful to say the least. BUT a month later the house we ended up buying came on the market. We love it, and it's better then the house we were going to build. So I understand the stress!! I hope it all works out in end. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • semicolon said:
    I felt like a shitty mom today. No patience for questions, tears, or her feelings. Just all around awful. And normally I feel like super mom. Just not a great day.
    The fact that you care shows you're a good mom. I'm sorry you had a bad day.

I yelled at DD for getting water out of the tub (that kind of happens in a tub), like full on screamed, I then cried for an hour after about it. I felt like a shitty mom today too.
  • semicolon said:
    I felt like a shitty mom today. No patience for questions, tears, or her feelings. Just all around awful. And normally I feel like super mom. Just not a great day.
    The fact that you care shows you're a good mom. I'm sorry you had a bad day.

I yelled at DD for getting water out of the tub (that kind of happens in a tub), like full on screamed, I then cried for an hour after about it. I felt like a shitty mom today too.
    Count me on the feeling shitty train.  DS was playing with his blueberries during dinner last night rather than eating them.  I usually have a great deal of patience with him, but I couldn't handle it last night.  Probably a combination of sleep deprivation, the world's longest cold virus lingering in my system and having a lot going on at our household right now (DH interviewing, prepping the house for the market, etc).  I lost it on the poor kid with little warnings like I usually give when I see him goofing off with food (I HATE when he plays with his food).  Le sigh...FAIL.
  • Ladies I appreciate reading about feeling shitty.  Sounds strange I know but at least I'm seeing in advance real life struggles of you ladies so that when these things happen to me or I feel the way you all do its normal and I'm not a horrible mom. 
  • My 2yo DS has turned into a full on terrible 2 toddler. He is super sensitive and throws the longest fits.  My DD was not like this at 2.  I mean she had tantrums but not like this.  I had to drag him out of the pool at the community center today, he would not leave the bathroom so I had to carry him to the car kicking and screaming and then he wouldn't let me buckle him into his car seat.  I was trying hard to keep my pregnancy rage under control.  Why are toddlers so strong when trying to not be buckled into a car seat.  I got Wendy's on the way home for lunch.  I don't even care.  Sweet little devil is napping now.  This behavior worries me for when the baby gets here! 
  • I am currently on hold with the state Teacher licencing office, because I am STILL trying to get my updated license with my married last name.  The office is literally open for phone calls 3 hours per day, and if you don't call right at the start, you are on hold for 10+ minutes.  I would like to be able to update my legal name at work (and on my health insurance, etc) but everything at school has to match my teaching license, so I can't do anything until I have the new license.  So freaking annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ive felt like a shitty mom for the past few days. It's finally nice out and all my ds wants to do is go outside and I just don't have the energy to take him for longer than a few minutes. Then I bribe him with snacks to stay inside. Thankfully dh has been good about taking him outside when he gets home from work. 
  • jennas312jennas312 member
    edited March 2017
    awillis13 said:
    I am currently on hold with the state Teacher licencing office, because I am STILL trying to get my updated license with my married last name.  The office is literally open for phone calls 3 hours per day, and if you don't call right at the start, you are on hold for 10+ minutes.  I would like to be able to update my legal name at work (and on my health insurance, etc) but everything at school has to match my teaching license, so I can't do anything until I have the new license.  So freaking annoying.
    Ugh! Health insurance just won't accept your marriage cert? I didn't change my name on my teaching license.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't tried to go directly through health insurance, I'm trying to update everything with HR.  But they can't change my paperwork until my teaching license is changed.  Everything they have has to match the name on my license (according to the HR person).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Wearmi1. Any update yet on your builder being a dick and trying to change the contract?
  • awillis13 said:
    I haven't tried to go directly through health insurance, I'm trying to update everything with HR.  But they can't change my paperwork until my teaching license is changed.  Everything they have has to match the name on my license (according to the HR person).
    Ugh! My hr just wanted a marriage cert. That stinks. I know state office is impossible to get through.  Maybe you can fill out a form and just submit?  I remember thinking about doing it, but it costs money and noone told me to.
    Pregnancy Ticker