March 2017 Moms

Nursery Talk! Plans, Themes, etc.

124»

Re: Nursery Talk! Plans, Themes, etc.

• @serenity13 My nursery theme is going to be puppies and sports too. Baby will share 1/2 my husband's office which is currently decorated with all his sport memorabilia. I want to add some puppy sports prints or decals like yours to tie the two together. 
  • FriendlyGhost1012 Us too! I am doing nautical/pirates. We painted the room the light blue shade and I purchased the tan and gray sheets

Pirates nursery bedding set Duvet cover and pillowcase Changing pad cover fitted sheet options Crib toddler bed tween size

• Loading the player...
  • @BaylieGirl that's awesome! I found this at Babies R Us - Lambs & Ivy Bow Wow...my husband is ALL about sports & from the day we found out we were having a boy he's been advocating for a sports theme. I'm rather obsessed with dogs so this works perfectly for us :) The prints I found on Amazon since BRU doesn't sell those.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • PSA - we decided on Glenna Jean "bedding" pieces.  I have been ordering them from BBB as I get 20% off coupons.  I ordered 2 sets of sheets and they are TERRIBLE feeling.  I do not recommend!!

I can't wait for my stinking furniture to come.  Room is painted & just waiting for next steps.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• The room is emptied - it was our extra room and a lot of storage was thrown in there. Tomorrow the electrician comes to install an overhead light and Thursday the painter comes. Here are the "before" shots 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @clarereedy - can't wait to see the after photos! 
  • @kap1988 it's LOVELY!   I am desperately in need to accessories for the walls etc.  I think what you've done is beautiful.
    ****TW****

• kap1988kap1988 member
    edited January 2017
    MrsBinPA said:
    @kap1988 it's LOVELY!   I am desperately in need to accessories for the walls etc.  I think what you've done is beautiful.
    Thank you very much! The decals kind of ended up in weird places, but they don't restick well so I just left them.  Target has really cute kids/nursery decor.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bump! Want to see more of your nurseries!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Crib going under Molly and the dresser under Tigger. Still need to get said dresser, but crib is ordered. :)
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Did anyone do a giant name sign? I want to get one where it's all connected in a single piece of laser cut wood but can't decide if I should go with 23, 30, or 36". It will be in the middle of a gallery wall since it'd be awkward for the crib to go where the largest blank wall is close to the door. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 the nursery is beautiful and so is the name Hailey! I love the stars on the ceiling. We used the same kind of wall clings except the jungle version for DS' nursery. This poor little one won't have her own room until we move but I love looking at all of these nurseries for ideas! You did such a great job!
  • @justanotherusername16 that looks awesome! Can I ask what you used to hang the items from the ceiling?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulie said:
    @justanotherusername16 that looks awesome! Can I ask what you used to hang the items from the ceiling?
    @npaulie fishing wire, believe it or not. I'm not able to do anything permanent, so I am relying on removable decorating items (decals, 3M strips, and even fishing wire with masking tape lol)
  • npaulie said:
    @justanotherusername16 that looks awesome! Can I ask what you used to hang the items from the ceiling?
    @npaulie fishing wire, believe it or not. I'm not able to do anything permanent, so I am relying on removable decorating items (decals, 3M strips, and even fishing wire with masking tape lol)
    Command makes ceiling hooks. ;) 
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 what a beautiful quilt!! Love the alphabet letters too!! What kind of glider do you have?
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandalily it's a Storckcraft. It was the cheapest glider at BRU. I put it on my registry and was surprised when my aunts decided to chip in together and buy it for us! It's surprisingly comfortable. 
  • Still a work in progress, but getting there....

I am in love with that tree!!! Did you paint that yourself ?? Amazing 
  • omg @triwellnessgirl that is beautiful!!! I love the paintings and the whole theme!
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you so much @pandalily & @msturney :) I hope Baby loves as much as we do!!! I love that when Baby's nursing in the Glider (s)he will have a view of the tree and animals!!!! The highest cloud on the left is a portrait of our bulldog that passed Away last year. We still need to paint her, as well as paint the owl. And after Baby is born we will paint fun, whimsical leaves, and paint the butterfly and the balloon. Colors will be finalized based on Baby's gender!! We will also add wall art, shelving, curtains, and overhead light fixture after Baby arrives!!!!

and @msturney I WISH I was half as talented as my friend Robin who is doing all the art work. She is AMAZING!!!
  • I'm in love with your nursery @triwellnessgirl! So so cute!

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kap1988 said:
    I'm in love with your nursery @triwellnessgirl! So so cute!
    Aw wow, thanks so much!!!!!!  <3
  • @triwellnessgirl I think the gender neutral colors go well with the animal theme! :smile:
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MsTurney we got the same chair.  I love it.  Your nursery is lovely.  I am still trying to accessorize ours, not very successfully LOL.
    ****TW****

• MrsBinPA said:
    @MsTurney we got the same chair.  I love it.  Your nursery is lovely.  I am still trying to accessorize ours, not very successfully LOL.
    Thank you! I love that chair - so comfy!!

• Almost done! We're going to add some more decor after lo arrives and we know the sex, name, and can take some pictures. Planning on putting the name up above the crib.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• allisong995allisong995 member
    edited March 2017
  • @triwellnessgirl love this picture so much!!! My heart is so happy for your family and your rainbow baby *creepy Internet hugs*
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @triwellnessgirl hitting the "love it" button is not enough to express how MUCH I LOVE love love everything about your photo <3  cannot believe your babe is finally here!! 
  • Baby's room is finally done(ish)!!!!