March 2017 Moms

Nursery Talk! Plans, Themes, etc.

Re: Nursery Talk! Plans, Themes, etc.

• I think it the white dresser will be fine. You could repaint or change the hardware on the dresser if it needs to be tied in better. 
    serenity13
  • White and wood are both neutrals. You're good :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    serenity13
  • thank you ladies so so much for the feedback!!! <3
    DH has no opinion on the furniture...he always leaves decisions about the house up to me saying he's fine with whatever - the only thing he was insistent on was having a sports theme, so this one makes both of us happy. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    longliveregina
  • I'm going with a light wood (maple) for the crib & rocking chair, off white for the dresser (painted maple lol).  White/black/wood - all neutrals IMO.  I can get a little bored with all the wood matching, but others need everything matching, so it's a very personal decision.  
    serenity13
  • So, we finally decided it's time to get rid of my office, and we're going to go ahead and turn it into a nursery. Found an app where I could enter measurements to see what fits before we buy things. I know I want t do neutral colors, just haven't decided on that. Probably grey and white and pop some blue or green in there to accent (sorry if the photo is massive, attached from my iPad) . Small desk on the right is a built in desk I'm going to use as the changing table 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Gators&BoSoxlongliveregina
  • No nursery here for baby number 6!  But we are moving our little guy up to what was the guest room so we can set up her crib in our room.  

I am planning on painting our bedroom, getting new bedding for us and finding a cute crib skirt that somewhat matches.  I would also like to paint the wall behind her crib an accent color.  

Im in love with this bedding. It's going to be my inspiration.  
    MrsFlemingolongliveregina
  • I am pretty sure baby girls bedroom theme will be owls.  color in the current spare room is grey so the colors will go good together  
    longliveregina
  • you made that @kap1988??  That's so pretty!!!!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
    kap1988
  • @peony2418 Thank you! It was actually really easy. It took about 15 minutes. I just used the first method in this video:

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
    peony2418
  • DH and I settled on a "Finding Nemo/Dory" themed room...his idea, which surprised me as he claims not to be that into Disney stuff :P 
    Me (34) Hubby (36) Married since 4.2009
    Due with #1! EDD: 3/8/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker

DizzyMom
  • I am doing woodland themed and would pay you a lot for that lovely pillow!!!!!
    kap1988
  • Also Pluto is a planet again!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Cbeanz
  • We are doing a Beauty and the Beast theme! light pink walls and then lots of yellow and royal blue! for decorations we are going for those stuffed characters from the disney store instead of things she wont be able to play with. Also getting some prints off Etsy that are beauty and the beast to frame around the room! 
    DrillSergeantCatvanessar2009peony2418librarymom917
  • LOL @kap1988 I watched that whole video thinking "I could maybe do this!"  Then I remembered that I don't have a sewing machine.  Oh, and I can also barely sew a button.  LOL!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
    kap1988
  • @peony2418 Haha IF you own a sewing machine it is super easy ;) And I just forced myself to learn how a couple of years ago.  But seriously all I can do is sew squares together (pillows, blankets, burp cloths etc.) Anything more complicated and I'm in over my head.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
    peony2418Burrberrymum
  • DH got me a sewing machine for Xmas (he asked bc I think he was scared to buy it) so I am excited to start projects like these!
    kap1988peony2418Burrberrymum
  • vanessar2009vanessar2009 member
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited November 2016
  • Also Pluto is a planet again!

Waaaaaat?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DrillSergeantCat sounds amazing! I've got a bird cage and I'm going to find a Hedwig to put in, I had a friend make a dobby and mandrake doll too. I'm gonna put a decal quote above his crib, just haven't figured out which one. I'm also searching for an owl lamp too. I've got the Hogwarts Crest banner on the opposite wall by the changing table.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @DrillSergeantCat sounds amazing! I've got a bird cage and I'm going to find a Hedwig to put in, I had a friend make a dobby and mandrake doll too. I'm gonna put a decal quote above his crib, just haven't figured out which one. I'm also searching for an owl lamp too. I've got the Hogwarts Crest banner on the opposite wall by the changing table.
    I found a mandrake on Etsy, but it was already purchased. My mom crochets, but she doesn't do amigurumi. I found the baby white owl at Target this weekend on an endcap in the baby furniture section. It's got orange feet and beak, but I'm okay with it not being perfect. My friend who paints is painting me a Dobby. I'm going to keep looking for the mandrake. Just saw this lamp online. 

• @mcdonald-bailey i've never seen a crib like that! very cool
  • @mcdonald-bailey I love the dream catcher mobile! 
    longliveregina
  • @mcdonald-bailey i've never seen a crib like that! very cool
    Found it. http://www.nurseryworks.net/vetro-crib/ It's only $4500. ;)

• kjd291kjd291 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary First Answer
    Bump! Now that baby time is getting closer :)
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary First Answer
    @npaulie ooooh! I adore that painting! Where did you get it? One of your trips!?
  • @Goodmorning12 I LOVE the color of your trimming with the white walls. Beautiful choice! 
  • Thank you @kjd291!! I was searching for this board earlier and gave up after page 4. ;) 

I love love love the pop of color @Goodmorning12
    kjd291
  • @kjd291 yeah! Got it while we were in Paris from one of the vendors along the river. I'm so in love with it!!
    Pregnancy Ticker