Trying to Get Pregnant

IF/Testing Check In - Week of 3.20

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another.  Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (If you've been): 

Cycle/CD: 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?)

How are things going?

Any questions? 

GTKY: Besides The Bump or Fertility Friend, what's the most used app on your phone?

Re: IF/Testing Check In - Week of 3.20

• Loading the player...
  • @tamalahoops Thanks for the reply! The plan is for us to do a fresh transfer... so I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to book a trip to a winery. I mean, I guess I could still go but to sit there and not drink wine would be zero fun. I hope the next couple weeks fly by for you and that beautiful little embryo is your take home baby! 

• @hartmich I hope we are both SS. hugs girl. I am rooting for you.
    @MrsJ2410 Sorry you have so much going on. I hope your biopsies are benign.
    @tamalahoops Fx your a green light to go for your FET.  I'm praying for you and your beautiful emby
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @JuneRoseRuby hugs. I'm sorry you had a panic attack.  Fx so hard that DH is responding to the clomid. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @laurad75 I guess I would start with what ever is on the bottle for the max dose. Sorry about the headaches and foggyness. I said it in the other thread but I really hope these are 3 amazing eggs for you. I am rooting for you

@Bababatty I'm so glad we both are getting back to treatments! GL!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @laurad75 I'm sorry to see that you're having a hard go both physically and mentally. I really do have my FX that your eggs, regardless of quantity, are of amazing quality. I get the fear of this all being for nothing. I have to remind myself that I'm doing everything to give us our best chance and that if I didn't do this, the not knowing/not having tried would be worse (for me) than having tried and then learning it's not in the cards for us. Anyways I'm definitely rooting for you and hope you feel better/less foggy soon.
  • @eggplantface wow for some reason I thought you were still stimming, congrats on the ER, sorry you didn't get more but at least all 3 of your mature eggs fertilized. Fx they continue to grow well and are PGS normal
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @Kiki75 HSG is no big deal. Poop before you go. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @kiki75 If I can make it through the HSG, you can  ;) And I thought it hurt like a bitch but once it was over, the pain was over. I walked out and drove myself home, etc.

@eggplantface I can't believe your ER is over already! (Although I'm sure this has felt like eternity for you). How did the stims go? FX that the PGS goes well. We're debating the PGS... I need to ask for more clarification but my RE was like "oh PGS doesn't increase your odds of success" but that makes no sense to me.

@laurad75 I've often said that if someone could just promise me that at some point, we'll have a baby, I'd be okay. But there are no guarantees I guess. I still have hope for you for this cycle that some of those small follies will catch up and even if they don't, it only takes one. That should be your motto.

@mrsdaddario Thanks for the info! I'd be totally fine giving up alcohol, I just don't want to bring my life to a screeching halt if it's for nothing, you know? Here's to hoping neither of us will have to worry about that though!

• @kiki75 My HSG was no big deal.  It felt like a pap smear.  I took advil before bc they told me to but I barely felt anything.  Everyone is different but I feel like I have read more experiences like mine than painful.  

That being said, if you google 'does an HSG hurt' you will find the answer you are looking for.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @kiki75 I'm so sorry last cycle was such a MF. Hugs girl. for me the HSG is NBD and I've done it twice. The first time I just took ibuprofen ahead of time, My current RE had me come in for an injection of ibuprofen prior to the HSG and again it wasn't any worse than a pap. Even if it does hurt its short and then its over. You can do this!
    @KristoKekerooni GL this cycle. if you do have IUIx2 we have had 2 ladies have great success with that! 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @zwink1 Did your RE give you any specifics regarding your chances with IUI? Mine told us with H's SA numbers (slightly low count of 11mil/ml, 2% morph) that we'd have at best a 15% chance with IUI. And that could change obviously depending on counts after the wash. 

@kristokekerooni I'm hoping to hold out until Friday, which is 11dpo. 

• @hartmich, to be honest, I really like our RE, but I tend to take her estimates with a grain of salt and therefore I usually forget what exactly she said... I also think she can be overly optimistic. I may be misremembering what exactly she said, but for some reason I think she quoted as high as 30% with IUI with injectibles.  I know I'm not misremembering her quote of 60% with IVF (which also struck me as high).

This study is what I was referencing above. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2700665/ 

It was a pretty small sample size, but for H's current combo of issues (not utilizing his count that is *FX* bumped), the success rate of IUI was 8%. H's motility is slightly better than the sample parameters, but his morph is worse.

All that said, 8% is still 8%!
  • @zwink1 I know you're still finishing testing, but remind me, if your H's count is still low are you planning to do any treatments for him (like clomid) to improve it before doing IUIs? Personally, I wouldn't do more than one or two without doing some kind of intervention for him. We did three IUIs before working with the urologist and I consider them to have been a waste of time given how low his counts were. In fact, the last two the REs said both times, "You really should see a urologist." (Honestly, we only did three because we were experimenting to see if his count would get better. It did not, obviously.) That's all anecdotal, of course. Just my thoughts coming from a similar experience.
  • @leekat14 your RE won't trigger you till your follies are ready. Often it's good to go after your follie check but sometimes they need to grow a bit more. If that's the case you usually get checked every other day.
    @madspunk my REs have only ever done an US... so I would expect it your blood work looks good that you would come back for an US. GL!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• LadyMillilLadyMillil member
    edited March 2017

Diagnosis (If you've been): unexplained bleeding, MFI low count and morph

Cycle/CD: cycle 29/2

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  wto

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?) natural cycle/Next steps with RE April 12

How are things going?
    Bad. Got the results of our repeat testing last week and found out there is pretty much no chance of natural conception and that my AMH is on the low side of normal so the RE would anticipate 5 or so eggs during an IVF cycle

Any questions? 

GTKY: Besides The Bump or Fertility Friend, what's the most used app on your phone?
    Facebook

• @Bababatty, yes, we are planning on doing treatment for him. We haven't scheduled anything with our RE yet and won't until his urologist gives the go ahead. Depending on what this last SA shows, I think the urologist has a couple of different ideas (Clomid being one of them).  Either way, he has to go in for the u/s and bw to see if they can figure out what's causing the drop in numbers to try to treat it.
    All necessary and worthwhile, but also what's making me feel like we're standing still even though I know we're not.
  • @zwink1 Ah ok, that's what I figured. I completely understand how it feels like you're not really moving forward, especially when working on the MFI treatments. I can tell you from my experience it has gone by very quickly, but we had the distraction of the holidays. I hope you're able to find some distraction, too! Good luck with the rest of the tests!
  • @LadyMillil I'm so sorry for the bad news. Hugs. It only takes one emby but IVF is a lot to go through for low numbers. Are you still going to give it a try?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx