Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF/Testing Check In - Week of 3.20

Re: IF/Testing Check In - Week of 3.20

• Options
    @leekat14 OMG.  Are you feeling okay now?  Yikes.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @JuneRoseRuby Yaaaaay!! I'm so glad to hear that!!!

@leekat14 Ouch! I'm sorry about your head and pride!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leekat14 glad that you are okay!!!!! Scary!! I agree please tell a badass story about the gash! 

@wabash15  ugh sorry girl I was really hoping for SS status for you but glad you're jumping back in with a solid plan! I'm curious to see what my RE thinks about my lining. I would think it is thin because my periods are soooooo light like maybe one light day and 2 days spotting. Of course my OB never had any concerns. 

@KristoKekerooni  thanks for sharing!!

i just posted this in WTO but has anyone experienced some pain after an hsg? RE said to call if the pain felt worse than the procedure but I took 4 Motrin before so I think maybe it felt worse because the Motrin wore off? Had some cramping yesterday and maybe what felt like gas pain (from injecting the dye?) feel better today then I did yesterday. Still feel some soreness/pain in my uterus too. Is the spotting from pushing through the catheter? This was my first hsg so not really sure what to expect! 

• Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 It can be normal to be crampy for a day or two afterwards but if its more than discomfort I would call your doc. Yes spotting can be totally normal also . 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @leekat14 OMG that is embarrassing but so hilarious! Hope it doesn't hurt too bad!

@TravelingCouple @madspunk @KristoKekerooni @beachbunnyxo123 @wabash15 Thanks so much for the info, ladies! It really helps to hear your views--I am so glad I rejoined this board. I was looking up the side effects for Clomid last night and I read that there is an increased risk of cancer if you take it for longer than 6 months. After getting really freaked out about my mom who was on Clomid for over a year in the late 70s presumably before they knew about the cancer risk I put together that maybe the RE's push directly to IUI is because the Clomid is actually scarier than the procedure itself and better to maximize your chances if you're taking a drug where that's an issue. I still definitely understand why people would want a TI cycle or 2 after starting meds (I like the idea of that better as I'm sure most people do), but I definitely don't want one now. Once I explained this to MH he's now no longer pushing for a TI cycle. Anyway, thanks again so much for responding!  

@beachbunnyxo123 We discussed the FSH test and she said that for Pituitary Pause folks it was useless because (in not so medical terms) my pituitary may not feel like talking to my ovaries on day 3 of my cycle whereas for other folks it's pretty consistent. Luckily since I am/was approaching ovulation during my US she was able to count the eggs she could see in each ovary on the screen and she concluded that although she could say nothing for egg quality of course the quantity of eggs is decent for my age and she thinks I will respond to the drugs. 

• Options
    @KristoKekerooni Yes, please if you see something on this Pituitary Pause thing let me know! I appreciate you taking the time to try to look it up. I'm very confused about it. MH has access to some academic databases so he's going to look into it too. I have a Dr. in my family (not a IF doc but the pituitary gland does come up quite a bit in his specialty) and he hadn't heard of pituitary pause but he seemed to think the explanation I got made sense. I was really expecting to have atypical PCOS or endo or something more common (I could have something additional of course that hasn't been discovered yet). My mother had IF caused by slightly elevated prolactin, which is also related to the pituitary gland but my prolactin was normal--so not sure whether this could be related to some genetic pituitary disfunction. 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @mrsdaddario Just 2.5mg of Letrozole so maybe it did a whole lot of nothing? I'd rather try upping the dose next time before adding injectibles. It's too late to up the dose for this cycle right?
    @KristoKekerooni I love your list  <3 It definitely helps to try to focus on the positive, it's so hard to stay in that place all of the time though. And I can definitely relate to people saying stupid things, both in and out of church. Sometimes people just don't know what to say so they say the most stupid things. I've had several people say "I bet it'll happen this month, are you sure you're not pregnant now?" Actually, no, I'm not sure, thanks for pointing that out! I better go take a test. :|
    @leekat14 Oh girl I hope you're ok! I passed out for the 23897234 vials of blood they took for my initial CD3 tests. That was not fun. I HATE passing out!

ETA typo
  • Options
    @LadyMillil, I'm so sorry about the low AMH news, but I'm glad IVF + ICSI is still an option you can pursue. Creepy internet hugs to you!

@leekat14 Ouch, what a painful, and in hindsight, funny, story! I used to pass out anytime I donated blood, but I never have from a shot. Noted... Sit down when triggering, lol.

@beachbunnyxo123 I had some long-term pain, particularly on my left side. It never got too bad and didn't come even close to my CD1 cramps. It went away in about a day. I also spotted (and dye) for a few days after. Totally normal!
  • Options
    @TravelingCouple  yeah if you're going to trigger soon it's too late. 

@leekat14 omg girl! Glad you're okay! 
  • Options
    Ok so talk to me about this trigger shot...If I take an OPK it will be positive right? But what about a pregnancy test when it gets closer to testing time? I know people test the trigger but I guess I haven't really thought about what that meant.
  • Options
    madspunkmadspunk member
    edited March 2017
    @leekat14 Yay for 2 good follies! You poor girl though - that's so crazy you passed out! 

@KristoKekerooni Only the link to the first article worked for me, but I loved that one - especially because it's so focused on gratitude, and that's where I've been trying to put my focus lately. And, like the author of that article, I've been realizing lately that there are ways to be grateful about IF. I don't have to just be grateful about other things in my life and ignore IF. I can actually see the good things in it (not all the time but when I'm in a decent mood). I remember reading an article somewhere where the woman struggling with IF said when she felt like she wasn't moving forward and just wanted a baby in her arms already, she'd tell herself that what she's doing right now is preparing to be a mom. I keep thinking about that, and I've been trying to be grateful for the extra time IF has afforded me to prepare to be a mom. Since I was diagnosed I've been trying to eat healthier, get my anxiety under control, be a better wife, live in the moment more. All of those things will be so helpful if I am fortunate enough to have a baby some day.

@vflux33 That's good you got more information on Clomid and why IUI. I do always think it's better to do more with treatment than to do less. If TI doesn't work for us this cycle we will be moving on to IUI.
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    edited March 2017
    @Kiki75 Yeah, I'm with you on all that. I have already gone through so many feelings throughout the last year but it feels new to MH. I think I got him on board with cutting to the chase last night once I looked into Clomid further--now the Clomid concerns him more than the IUI which is where I'm at. I think MH found my mom convincing too (she struggled with IF for 8 years back before IUI and IVF and she said she would have gone for IUI ASAP and had pretty convincing reasoning).  We did email our RE to clarify whether she ever does medicated cycles prior to IUI for other couples and if there's a reason not to do that with us and we'll see what she says about that, but I think we're going for it. MH is also wary of trusting a lab. He is worried about me getting inseminated with another patient's partner's sperm by accident... I laughed and told him I don't think that's common but he's going to ask some questions about it to put his mind at ease. 
  • Options
    @Kiki75 :D  Good to know. Yeah, I was like "ask whatever you want but please be careful not to insult them!" 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @madspunk - Is this the one that didn't work? Anyway, Yeah, It helps to reframe a little bit. It's not always possible, though, I know. When I get realllly down, nothing can bring me back up for air. I'm working on that. But if I can catch myself slipping before I get down too far, then I am able to reframe. I am a work in progress. 

So how about that faith/religion/etc thread? @madspunk @TravelingCouple @beachbunnyxo123 and whoever else? 

TTC #1 since September 2014
    Diagnoses: RPL, Endometriosis, MFI (count, morph, DNI, DNAS, multiple bilateral subclinical varicoceles), low progesterone
    Check out my Infertility blog 
    Check out my Infertility Instagram

Loss History (TW):
    BFP: 3 May 2015, loss confirmed 4 June 2015
    BFP: 15 August 2015, loss confirmed 23 August 2015
    BFP: 16 November 2015, loss confirmed 22 November 2015
    BFP: 18 July 2016, loss confirmed same day
    BFP: 04 March 2018, loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    BFP: 12 June 2018, TWINS; D&C 06 July 2018
    TTC History (TW):
    3 losses in 2015
    Met with OBGYN in January 2016
    Me: all clear, H: OAT
    November 2016: HSG = All Clear!
    January 2017: H tested again,  High DNA fragmentation and stainability
    February 2017: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    March 2017: Clomid + HCG + IUI + Progesterone = SA/wash: zero count on attempt #1, <1,000 on attempt #2= BFN
    Varicocele Embolization- 5 May 17
    December 2017 SA: Zero improvement after embolization
    January IVF- 25 retrieved, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 frozen day fives (3AA, 3AA, 3AA), 1 frozen day 6 (5BB), 1 frozen day 7 (3CC)
    Three PGS normal (3AA, 3AA, 5BB), one inconclusive (3AA)
    FET #1: 27 February 2018, 3AA & 5BB, one stuck! BFP 04 March 2018.... Loss confirmed 23 March 2018
    May 2018: SHG/SIS = all clear "beautiful uterus"
    FET #2: 04 June 2018, 3AA PGS normal embryo, 3AA PGS hatching inconclusive embryo. 
    BFP: 12 June 2018, EDD 20 February 2019
    Ultrasound, 25 June 2018: There are two
    Lost Baby A 02 July 2018
    Baby B not growing, D&C 06 July 2018
    Laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, chromotubation: 23 July 2018: blocked right tube, heavily inflamed, covered in endo. Removed right tube. Removed more endo from uterus, tubes, ovaries. Endo remains on bladder and bowel. 
    Next Up:
    TTC Naturally, possibly IUIs for remainder of 2018. 
    ER#2 ~Jan 2019

• Options
    @Kiki75 he said it wasn't a concern but did just mention it in passing like you said! Good luck today (i think I remember seeing that your hsg was Thursday) you got this!!

@leekat14 that's a great question! I'm still learning more about this myself! What does the trigger shot do? Does it help with O?

@TravelingCouple what size do they like to see them at? That's good that it's up from Monday! I hope you don't have to make the drive this weekend!

@KristoKekerooni sounds good to me!!
  • Options
    wabash15wabash15 member
    edited March 2017
    @leekat14 I think the others have covered it... in the past I did not test out my trigger but last medicated cycle I did with both an OPK and HCG just for shits and giggles.  My OPK was blazing positive as well as the HCG. for that cycle the HCG was out by 9 days post IUI but for some ladies it can hang around till 12-13days and it can be different legths of time every cycle, so it may be gone by day 9 one cycle and 12 the next. There are generally two schools of thought testing out your trigger and then obsessively testing or just waiting till 14dpIUI. I've done both and I would/will just wait.
    @beachbunnyxo123 the Trigger causes you to O, typically within 36 hrs but if your follies are extra large it may be as soon as 12hrs.
    @TravelingCouple glad to hear your follies are growing all be it slowly, and hooray for a potential second follie.  GL with your follow up scan!

ETA: @laurad75 in case life gets crazy on my end I wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you and your ER tomorrow! FX for those 3 follies. hugs 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    JuneRoseRubyJuneRoseRuby member
    edited March 2017
    @TravelingCouple Ugh that drive will stink if you have to make it this week, but it is all for the biggest goal, so it will make it worth it if you have to.  I am glad you felt a shift in your feelings this weekend. I know that I always am happy to hear success stories of other women that struggle with IF. It is like a reminder that it is possible for me too! It still is hard to hear about women that sneeze and get pregnant, but the IF warriors give me faith in the process. It is an evolution of emotions at all times. 

edited for wording
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    Big hugs for you @hartmich <3  I'm so sorry for the BFN and so sorry for your path right now.  I know I've also thought about how amazing it would be to get KU before IVF.
  • Options
    @safire3 I am glad you are getting some answers. Hopefully with the TESE/TESA they will be able to get a ton of sperm for some good embies! 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• Options
    Ok so now I'm spotting. WTF body, that would make my LP 9-10 days (10 if the spotting doesn't pick up until tomorrow). This does not seem like a positive change! 

• Options
    How long is your LP usually @hartmich ?
  • Options
    @hartmich hugs! stupid bodies.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @hartmich I am so sorry for the BFN. They especially suck the closer you get to treatment. I have never had that hope because alas, I am a pessimist. But my husband was always sure that we'd be that couple that got pregnant right after we paid for our IVF package. He still thinks to this day that we'll get pregnant before the transfer in some miraculous way. 

Be good to yourself and treat yourself to something nice, even if its just a milkshake. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    safire3safire3 member
    edited March 2017
    @hartmich I have a 12 day LP but my spotting before AF ranges anywhere from 0-3 days. It is annoying as hell but I told my RE about it and he was not concerned, especially after my progesterone level was normal at 7 dpo.

Thank you so much guys. After all that we got the results of DH's second SA. I am very mad at the RE's office since I had offered to come get a copy of all his results and they said no and that they would fax everything over to the urologist themselves. Well they did not fax the repeat SA so after our visit we called and demanded it. Turns out there is sperm on the second sample, just very low count at 9 million and poor morphology. I just don't know what to think now. Maybe there is a partial blockage? We faxed the results to the urologist and are waiting for a call from him to see what he thinks. I felt so good having a plan for like 2 seconds and I don't know if this makes things better or worse. Ugh!

Eta @beachbunnyxo123 DH and I were thinking about doing his procedure in June or July so probably around then or IVF as well if that works with our RE. Our anniversary is in 2 months and we have a trip planned already so it would be hard to do it before then.