September 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptom Thread 3/13

2»

Re: Weekly Symptom Thread 3/13

• I'm 15w6days and off and on have horribly painful and uncomfortable gas pains. Probably related to my intestines being displaced by my growing uterus! Just wish I could figure out what triggers it because sometimes it happens when I've eaten only totally benign foods. I'm also having trouble sleeping - either can't fall asleep when I go to bed or I wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep.
  • The gagging needs to stop!

OMG, yes! It's so bad.
    Agree! I just took my vitamins and almost threw it up. I've never had issues taking pills. This is the worst. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh!  16 weeks today, I haven't been nauseous or sick in weeks and today I woke up with morning sickness and had some nausea throughout the day.  Hoping it was just a one time surge of hormones or something!!
  • cmar1006 said:
    The gagging needs to stop!

OMG, yes! It's so bad.
    Agree! I just took my vitamins and almost threw it up. I've never had issues taking pills. This is the worst. 
    Pills are the worst! I have discovered that if I take them with milk it is much easier! I've even started gagging for no reason at all, especially early in the mornings... it's gotten so bad I've put Walmart bags in my car in case I actually throw up from gagging and can't pull over. :tired_face:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @baileylove22 @HollyGolightly09 @cmar1006 OMG....the gagging! Does it randomly just happen to you? Even if your not nauseated? Sometimes I gag when I get a whiff of something smelly, when I brush my teeth, when I take big pills, and sometimes for literally no freaking reason whatsoever. I had to pull over the other day because I randomly gagged 2 times in a row and have no idea why. I thought it must be anxiety related.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• For the last couple weeks I've been gagging a lot too... when trying to swallow pills, changing DS' poopy diapers... I even gagged when DH was cooking bacon the other day :(
  • I gag a lot too, particularly on my prenatal vitamin everyday. But I tried @HollyGolightly09 idea to try it with milk, and I did not gag tonight! Woohoo! Thanks for the tip, girl. :)

• @stephy_p  I definitely don't need a reason to gag lately. It seems to be worse in the morning and at night for some reason. I have to drive down a mountain to get to the highway, and can not pull over. Wednesday morning I gagged several times in a row and just knew I was about to vomit all over mysel.

its the strangest thing to me... I have never had much of a gag reflex. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 13+2 
    The terrible gas that went away for a few weeks has returned with a vengeance.  :|
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• I've been gagging a lot lately too. About half the time the gagging turns into barfing, but not always. And good news for today, first time I have not barfed in the morning since last Friday. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I thought I was past the nausea, but I couldn't eat breakfast this morning because the smell of eggs made me want to barf. Now I'm drinking peppermint tea and hoping the rolling stomach calms down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Ummm....so tonight is my last progesterone suppository (thank the lord) but i was wondering if anyone else has had the following happen:

So sometimes leftover suppository comes out during the day and i usually have a panty liner. But lately not only is it that stuff it is also A LOT of clear watery discharge. DH had to bring me a pair of pants to the office today bc it looked like i wet myself a little. There wasn't a "gush" of water sensation it was like i was dry then super wet. Sorry if this is TMI. I'm just confused of why so much.
  • @labby18 CM production ramps up a bit in 2nd tri. Plus having something inserted causes an increase in production to reduce agitation of the sensative mucous membranes.
  • @labby18 I haven't been on progesterone suppositories for 6 weeks and this happened to me one day last week! I sort of freaked out, but I guess it's normal starting in the second trimester and I am just going to have to start wearing panty liners every day. Boo hiss.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Probably not pregnancy related but..

I woke up 2 days ago with severe left jaw tightness. It's just getting worse.. I cannot close my mouth completely or even enough for my teeth to touch each other. Anyone else ever experience this? It is painful and it feels like the muscles are very very tight. I try to massage them but they are hidden. Possibly TMJ muscles?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 you can buy DIY mouth guards at the pharmacy.  When I get really stressed I'll notice jaw pain & I need to use it. They aren't​ super sexy, but necessary.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

I woke up 2 days ago with severe left jaw tightness. It's just getting worse.. I cannot close my mouth completely or even enough for my teeth to touch each other. Anyone else ever experience this? It is painful and it feels like the muscles are very very tight. I try to massage them but they are hidden. Possibly TMJ muscles?
    I got this starting last week. I think I was clenching my jaw in my sleep, but it hurt so bad to open my mouth or chew food and it felt like my teeth weren't lining up right. It's almost completely gone now after a week but it was horrible! 

I have chronic TMJ issues and that's what it sounds like. Try pushing your lower jaw out and holding it for a few seconds. Icing for a few minutes at a time also helps, and don't eat salad for a while... apparently the way you have to grind your teeth to eat salad is horrible for your jaw
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 whaaaat, I didn't know that! Salad really IS bad for you! Haha just kidding :) 
  • @HollyGolightly09 whaaaat, I didn't know that! Salad really IS bad for you! Haha just kidding :) 
    lol, I was shocked when he told me! My jaw had gotten so bad that it was locking and when he told me to stop eating foods "rough on my jaw" I thought he meant steak and stuff like that, but he later told me salad was the worst thing I could be eating. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's so crazy! I guess I can see how that makes sense though! I grind my teeth in my sleep sometimes, I really need to look into a mouth guard or something! Now I want steak. Lol.
  • Thanks all! @wyomama0427 Yes that's exactly what it feels like! I don't even think I could eat salad right now seeing as how my back molars don't touch! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 yes! It's awful. I read that it should go away in a week or two, but I'm going to get a mouth guard next time I'm in town that way I don't keep clenching my jaw in my sleep! That was miserable. And it hurt all the way up in my ear too!
  • Damn you lightning crotch!!! That is all. 

• I've been getting this fun new thing for the past few weeks. I'm not sure what it is but sometimes when I pick up DS, or yawn, or anything similar, I get this weird stretching/popping, it happens in a vertical line and is in between my hip and belly button... it's so weird. It's not RLP. It almost feels like I'm pulling a muscle or having a muscle spasm or something. It's so weird. It's a little painful but not like RLP. Idk what it is. But I'm not liking it.