July 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms- 3/18

Happy Saturday! What's going on this weekend?

Re: Weekend Randoms- 3/18

• Laying in bed with some serious crotch pain. Like soreness after a bike ride type pain. It's OK if I just don't move, so I think that's what I'll do. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is out of town of this weekend (in Florida sitting on a beach, jerk...) while I'm home with DD and 4 dogs  :|

I plan on going to Ikea today to get some things to finish up DD's room and eat all the Swedish meatballs since he's not here to rush me through,  then doing nothing the rest of the weekend!!
  • Going to BRU to return a swing i got for a friends baby shower because someone in her family doesn't understand registries  :s
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Cleaning. Bleh. 

@rae1 I can't stand when people don't look at registries! Just to make sure their "totally unique awesome fabulous gift" isn't already on there. Especially since usually theirs isn't returnable.
  • Cleaning. Bleh. 

@rae1 I can't stand when people don't look at registries! Just to make sure their "totally unique awesome fabulous gift" isn't already on there. Especially since usually theirs isn't returnable.
    Yep. I got a killer deal on it too (like $75 off retail!) So I was hoping she'd be able to return the other one to get retail back for it to buy something else. But I asked her and the person didn't give her a gift receipt. Ugh. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Cleaning. Bleh. 

This is my fear when it comes to my MIL. She gives two craps about what we want/registered for and just buys things she believes we should have. Without looking at a registry or asking.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • chamomile-2chamomile-2 member
    edited March 2017
    Starting off the weekend with a question from a supervisor if I will be working on a project during our babymoon, and a request from my boss to work on another project during my maternity leave. Uhhmmmm... GTFOH.

@AdaByron did something happen that brought on the pain or did it come out of nowhere? 
  • Mostly cleaning today so we can be outside all day tomorrow because it's supposed to be almost 80 degrees.  So I am thinking I will take my girls on a picnic and to the park. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Chamomile said:
    Starting off the weekend with a question from a supervisor if I will be working on a project during our babymoon, and a request from my boss to work on another project during my maternity leave. Uhhmmmm... GTFOH.

@AdaByron did something happen that brought on the pain or did it come out of nowhere? 
    Nope, just woke up with it. Google tells me it's normal and getting up and walking will help but I haven't yet.
  • Taking our dogs to the vet this morning for rabies shots and then starting our nesting weekend! We plan on painting the nursery, so fingers crossed we get it all done. There's even the potential to start putting together furniture! Gasp! We'll see.  ;)

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oheliza44 happy anniversary! Enjoy your dinner
  • My husband is finally off today and tomorrow(this never happens)!!!! We have a date night thanks to my parents babysitting! Yay! My mom said "stay out as late as you want!!"  
    We have only had 3 dinner dates, without baby tagging along, since his birth in Sept 2015. So looooooong overdue. 

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I probably won't be on here too much. We are going to have lots of family time, aka put the phone down time. 
  • Happy anniversary @oheliza44!!

my goal for today is to finally pick a navy paint for DS's big boy room.  After a million paint samples I need to make a decision.  Trying to match a navy in his bedding but so far everything is too dark or too blue and I'm going crazy.
  • DH and I are planning on taking the kids to a roller rink. Of course I won't roller skate, but I'm excited to watch the kids. They've been asking to do it for weeks. 

This morning I went to my neighborhood consignment sale and scored a vibrating baby bouncer chair, some Aden and Anis blankets, a tray attatchment for the Babyjogger stroller I have, and a ton of books for my 2nd grader to read, all for $15! I'm happy. I just wish they had more.

Tomorrow is a moms night out with my friends. I'm excited! 

I also plan on doing approximately ten thousand loads of laundry that have been piling up.   
  • Happy anniversary @oheliza44 - good to see another March bride! Low key days are the best, I hope you guys get to relax and enjoy it! 
  • @oheliza44 happy anniversary!!

@ktewart that cupcake looks beautiful AND delicious! I'm so impressed!! 

It's going to be a lazy weekend for me. I have some advertising work to do, but other than that no set plans and I love it! 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    Happy Anniversary @oheliza44!! 

Iv already seen beauty and the beaaassstttt it was greaaatt choreography was really good and gaston was just perfect for the role!!! 

Il be making some money this weekend, lots of returns, selling some new and old items and then having dinner at my bestie/cousins house tonight. Busy busy literally. 

Edit: words
  • @oheliza44 Happy anniversary!

@ktewart That looks amazing, you're killing me with the desserts!

Low key weekend here- probably going for a walk by the beach today and I'm babysitting for another couple tonight so they can have a date night.  We have a lot going on the next couple of weekends so I'm glad to have some calm before the storm!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy Anniversary!!!! @oheliza44 Can I just say how impressed I am that your husband had the foresight and forethought to book a restaurant 6 months in advance!!!

I'm working this morning editing ehem writing my student's dissertation.  Have about another 2 hours before my husband returns with my toddler - would like to go nap instead because my toddler has lately insisted on sleeping on top of me at night like when he was an infant. What in the hell is going on we can't figure out but he just can't seem to fall asleep :s and fusses all night help!!!

@lovelee85 I feel you on the minimal outings without baby - have fun!  We are also going out on a rare date night this evening to a restaurant in the historic part of a nearby town - I want to sneak a sip of wine but don't want any 'judgey' stares.  Oh and if only I could have some time to wash and straighten my hair.  But.must.finish.thesis.chapter.
  • Happy anniversary @oheliza44

I've got family in town for the weekend. We're taking a rest break now (hence the bumping) but going to the mall later with my mom and aunt to get some maternity pants. Some tiny baby clothes may sneak their way in too :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @oheliza44 happy anniversary, hope you have a great dinner.

@caribbeanmama and @LoveLee85 so jealous of your date nights!

We are going to dinner for my stepdad tonight at a resturants we used to end our Vinyard days with. I'm excited because their food is great and I  know we are going early enough not to annoy couples on nice dates but secretly wish it was just me and the hubby and a nice bottle of wine. We are saving up date nights for after this LO arrives but are concerned about who we could leave all 4 with. DH also finally agreed that my idea for how to split the rooms is better so we are going to start prepping DS #1 for the move to the twins room. We may have told him the bunk beds are just to big for his room. And  starting to call the twins room the big kid room.
  • Happy Anniversary @oheliza44

My husband and I met with the babysitter my sister used, and we locked her in. My sister had a couple of horrible experiences with childcare before her, and this babysitter is the best.

Now DH and I are getting ready to see Beauty and the Beast and then over to my in-laws for St. Patty's Day style dinner. 
  • Happy anniversary @oheliza44!

we are going to a wedding this weekend. The venue is beautiful so I am excited.  

We are staying close by at Turtle Bay so DH wants to do maternity photos there. He loves taking pictures of stuff so I'm agreed. 
  • Thanks everyone! <3

@Dcwtada I was thinking when you posted about your anniversary that we were wedding planning and prepping around the same time. You were March 2015 right?

@caribbeanmama we have a bad habit of making restaurant reservations in foreign countries before we have any other travels plans. That's how we ended up in Panama last November. Enjoy your date night tonight! 
  • mj8215mj8215 member
    edited March 2017
    @oheliza44 happy anniversary! 
    Enjoy your date night @caribbeanmama and @LoveLee85.

I'm on call this weekend and have been dreading it but - not to jinx it - it has stayed  amazingly quiet so far! I'm literally enjoying a leisurely lunch at pain quotidien around the corner from the hospital right now. Amazing! Hope it stays this way. I need downtime... 

eta - whoa just saw your post @DarkSerendipity - so glad to hear you got help quickly and are doing better. Wishing you a quick recovery. 
  • @DarkSerendipity oh no! That sounds so scary. Glad to hear the nurses took good care of you and you're back home safe and sound. 
  • @AdaByron My baby was as low as possible in my pelvis last night, and spent an hour kicking the crap out of everything he could reach down there (cervix, ovaries, pelvic muscles, etc. etc.) I was sore for a good hour after that, but I'm fine now. Yikes though. He's only a little over a pound, if he does that at full size.... just, ouch. Hope your feeling better

My weekend is FINALLY devoid of plans. DH and I are spending the whole time just cuddling and relaxing and watching stuff and I couldn't be happier. I have to do dishes and cook, but that's ok. We decided to get take out for lunch, and I'm going to go make cookies. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Happy Anniversary @oheliza44!  Enjoy your day!

We are at a hotel water park with my family.  13 people (5 of whom are kids under 10) in a 3 bedroom condo.  DH and I shared a room with my parents last night and had a series of small naps vs actual sleep.  My parents snored all.night.long.  I'm so exhausted today I can barely function.  Is this what parenthood is like?  Its time for a nap.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• So I was in the hospital for 2 days. Started contracting about noon on Thursday, went to L&D. They determined I had a massive kidney infection that was the culprit, and it took quite awhile to calm my party uterus down, with several injections of turbutaline (rocket fuel), along with 2 beta shots for the just in case worst scenario. I did NOT want to have this boy at 24 weeks. 
    But luckily, he's still baking and I'm finally home! The nurses were absolute rockstars, they took such great care of us. But I'm so grateful to be back home!
    Oh my gosh! That's terrifying. So happy you are still baking baby boy and that you are home. Rest up!!!!
  • @DarkSerendipity I am so so happy to hear that baby is still cooking! Stay rested and FX for a full term baby 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @DarkSerendipity - how scary! Glad the pesky kidney is under control and baby is still cooking!
  • @DarkSerendipity Holy smokes that sounds scary. Glad all's well with you and baby!

Hey all, I'm changing my username today. I'm keeping the same avatar of my dog so I'm easily recognizable, but I'll be going by 'Dovahkiin' from now on. It's a reference to Skyrim in case you're wondering :-) 

I'll put a note about the change in my siggy. 
  • @DarkSerendipity wow, so glad everything turned out fine with you and the baby!!

My weekend has been good so far. Went out with friends last night for one friends birthday, ate WAY too much and ended up with heartburn because I came straight home and laid down in bed. Paying for it still today. This isn't as bad as the only other time I've had heartburn, but it's still uncomfortable. I went grocery shopping and want to go to Trader Joe's for the first time in years, just to see what they have. Going there and Whole Foods is like a field trip for me hahaha. 
  • @DarkSerendipity So glad you are okay and that baby boy is still cooking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DarkSerendipity oh my goodness that is so scary, glad it's getting treated and you baby is safe! I've had pyelonephritis before and it's no fun, can't imagine while pregnant. Beaming lots of healing thoughts to your kidneys!
  • @DarkSerendipity so sorry for the scare!  I'm glad you are okay now.  Keep us posted!