September 2017 Moms

Happy St. Patricks Day! / weekend randoms

2»

Re: Happy St. Patricks Day! / weekend randoms

• So, I took the one hour glucose test today (I have to take it twice because of a long family history with diabetes), and they gave me a private room with a recliner, a pillow, and a blanket! It's apparently for people who get sick after getting their blood drawn and need to lie down, but they barely ever use it, so they let pregnant moms use it when they come for the glucose test. If more places did this, I bet the glucose test would have a better reputation, haha! 
    This is awesome!!! I'm so jealous 

• Well, DS came down with a fever this evening, so currently we are cuddling on the couch watching Horton Hears A Who. The plan this weekend was to try out a pre natal yoga class tomorrow and then to attend a fundraiser for the girl's empowerment workshop I facilitate at school. We'll see how DS is feeling.
    I'll be trying out a prenatal yoga class tomorrow! Hope your DS feels better so you can go!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @wyomama0427 A caster for the game he designs is in town and they'll be working together next week when they're in the Bahamas for a tournament, so I'm pretty sure it's safe to say all of his team that's going are at the dinner right now  :p  Plus, he is the one that wanted them to come. There would be heck to pay if he was intentionally avoiding!!!
  • I'm eating left over taco pizza for breakfast. I feel it is much deserved since me and my son both survived night one of night weening and sleep training!! Woo hoo! Lol
  • @Sugargirl1019 omg yay!!!!! That is so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you! 
    @DPandMB yesssss that happens to me too.. but it's very rare when DH actually comes home on his own/early lol 
  • @Sugargirl1019

YAY! SO Happy for you!
  • @bridge-and-wall I'm on the same boat.  I remember how bad I felt each time I saw one while we were unsuccessfully trying (took us over a year, eventually).  Especially when there was an oopsie message alongside it.  We miscarried our first at ~10 weeks, and it was real rough seeing others announce their March '17 due dates (which would've been us).   However, I would've loved to have seen an announcement that explained a journey the couple had.  Something that could've given me hope.  <3
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @bridge-and-wall you deserve to share your happiness with the world. Obviously some announcements are more tactful than others but based on your history I fully feel any announcement you make would be tactful. Share as much or as little as you want with your journey, but definitely share it. Like a pp said, if you know of friends/family struggling tell them first so they aren't blindsided on fb. 
  • DS and I just flew back from Texas. We left on the 8th and are just re adjusting now. This weekend is a write off because neither of us want to be back and it's still snowing here. 14hrs back and we are both suffering sinus issues now. On Monday we have his 5th Birthday party so we are looking forward to that 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• We're in Ohio visiting my MIL and the extended family. It's going alright, but I'm ready to go home, even though I know my H is getting on a plane and leaving on a work trip immediately. I'm just tired of socializing and being totally agreeable. I'd also love to eat my own food. My toddler has been amazing. Glad he's a lot more flexible than I thought.
  • I just ate a cottage cheese with wheat thins and it was amazing. Plus I was able to eat salads this week. I'm finally getting back into my healthy eating yay! 
    For a while when I was so nauseous all the time anything heavy or greasy made me sick, I would eat bacon and instantly regret it! I had to eat light things like salads and cold raw veggies, cucumbers tomatoes and such. So I was forced to eat healthy lol!
  • I was the complete opposite. The only thing that would settle my stomach were sweets, cheeseburgers, and chicken tenders. 
  • I just ate a cottage cheese with wheat thins and it was amazing. Plus I was able to eat salads this week. I'm finally getting back into my healthy eating yay! 
    For a while when I was so nauseous all the time anything heavy or greasy made me sick, I would eat bacon and instantly regret it! I had to eat light things like salads and cold raw veggies, cucumbers tomatoes and such. So I was forced to eat healthy lol!
    Ugh, I'm not nauseated anymore, but I'm still having strong aversions, and just thinking about greasy food is gross to me! But I've also been struggling this week with being hungry all the time, but nothing really sounding good. I miss liking food!

• Oh man. We did a hiking/camping trip with DD (8 years old) and it was ROUGH. It was only a six mile hike but SO way overpacked so we were both loaded down more than necessary. Hiking back this morning was killer and my whole body hurts. Thank goodness I had the foresight to take Monday off. 

SO is also in a very bad mood today. At the gas station he asked me if I had 88 cents so he didn't have to use his card and I looked at my purse and only saw a quarter, a nickle and a couple of pennies. And when we got home he got his keys out of my purse and apparently found more than a dollar in change and decided to give me a ton of crap about "not looking" hard enough.  :| I repeatedly told him to leave me alone and stop being a jerk and he stormed out into the backyard cursing after giving me an earful about how much he does for me because apparently I am the one being a jerk. 

I'm really hoping this is just the post camp exhaustion in him cause if not I'm going to have to go for the throat punch. (Or at least imagining the throat punch.) 
  • cmar1006 said:
    Well, DS came down with a fever this evening, so currently we are cuddling on the couch watching Horton Hears A Who. The plan this weekend was to try out a pre natal yoga class tomorrow and then to attend a fundraiser for the girl's empowerment workshop I facilitate at school. We'll see how DS is feeling.
    I'll be trying out a prenatal yoga class tomorrow! Hope your DS feels better so you can go!
    Can someone tell me how to tag usernames so I don't have to quote? I'm mobile if that makes a difference. Thank you.

Unfortunately I did not get to try that class...DS fell asleep in the car after going to breakfast. He's finally feeling better today though. Just in time to head back in to work for the week. How was your class? Last pregnancy, I went regularly and it made so much of a difference. I feel like I don't have my mind and body in the game this go around.
  • cmar1006 said:
    Well, DS came down with a fever this evening, so currently we are cuddling on the couch watching Horton Hears A Who. The plan this weekend was to try out a pre natal yoga class tomorrow and then to attend a fundraiser for the girl's empowerment workshop I facilitate at school. We'll see how DS is feeling.
    Can someone tell me how to tag usernames so I don't have to quote? I'm mobile if that makes a difference. Thank you.

Unfortunately I did not get to try that class...DS fell asleep in the car after going to breakfast. He's finally feeling better today though. Just in time to head back in to work for the week. How was your class? Last pregnancy, I went regularly and it made so much of a difference. I feel like I don't have my mind and body in the game this go around.
    You type @ followed by the username