July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms March 13-17

Re: Weekly Randoms March 13-17

• @AdaByron Just did a quick search and mystery solved!  Still makes me laugh to this day when I think about it.  Only in good fun of course!  :D

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you're ok @caribbeanmama!
    Sorry to hear things are rough at the moment, @mj8215.  Things get so overwhelming and I feel like since being pregnant it's easier to feel helpless or just overly stressed. I hope things calm down soon so you can breathe easier!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• DH and I have our physicals for our life insurance tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn. We started the process two months ago and it took this long to get to the examination point. The company knows I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure if they are going to take that into account for my weight and cholestoral draw. I've heard pregnancy can cause your cholestorol to be elevated, and mine was on the high end of normal to begin with. Ugh. 
  • Is anyone else getting random video pop-ups here?
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Is anyone else getting random video pop-ups here?
    I think that's a new thing. I see them on the bottom corner when I'm on desktop. Must be a way for TB to bring in some money?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • when Im on PC I am. When I'm on mobile just a small popup at the bottom thats a regular ad @manillabar
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• hmm ok at least it's not just my computer wigging out. I only notice it on desktop, too
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• @oheliza44 We just did that on Tuesday.  They told me they often have pregnant women apply for life insurance and they take that into to account for weight/blood pressure/cholesterol so no worries.  For our bank, there was a place to check off that I was pregnant on the application form.  Hooray for adulting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for the encouragement @SpongeWorthy @oheliza44 @yellow1daisy @BusyZee @manillabar

sorry for all the whining.

It's just been a long stretch of late shifts ever since getting back from babymoon, and on top of that I'm dealing with some very stressful visa issues (long story but I need to extend my work visa annually (even though husband is citizen, again long aggravating story, has to do with the fact that I came here to work as a doctor and only met him a few years in, so now I'm stuck with this until NIH thinks my research is important enough to grant me a waiver - this is typically reserved for more senior people... hopefully next year) and it's always a huge pain. It sounds trivial compared to things like health issues but the fact that if something gets messed up on the admin side (by admin people at my hospital who make it very clear couldn't care less) I might find myself with an expired work visa a few weeks before the baby comes.... it gives me nightmares. 
    Again this is not new, I've been through this five times before, and it previously ended up working out, so chances are it will this time, but being pregnant and sleep deprived adds a whole other dimension. Andplusalso the current political climate. 
  • oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    @mj8215 that sounds like a nightmare. I'm sure it will all work out. Try to stay positive. Hugs to you.

@OperaSingerMommy adulting sucks so bad. This weekend we have the triple whammy of finishing our taxes, health insurance physical, and buying DH new tires. Woot woot! Now excuse me while I chug my very non-alcoholic beverage and hide in the back of my closet. 
  • @mj8215 ugh! Sorry you have to go through this - I remember anything visa would make me anxious no matter how many times I had been through the cycle.  Hang in there!

@oheliza44 yay for adulting and finishing taxes!  I did ours a couple days ago resulting in a massive bill because husband claimed zero on his annual bonus.  May I ask what you are drinking?  Not being able to freely gulp down all the wine is seriously messing with my coping skills! 
  • @mj8215 I'm so sorry for the stress. Hopefully the visa situation will get resolved quickly. I can't imagine being worried not only about your research, but also about getting a waiver and having a baby and being able to keep working! That's a lot. (((Hugs)))
  • @mj8215 visas suck.  Sorry for the stress:( 
  • I get...messages, I guess...from some websites because I have an ad blocker as part of my anti-virus software for my laptop. They all say that the pop-ups are how they make their money. Sorry, but no. I don't need to win a trip somewhere or see some random video.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @mj8215 I would be stressed about a visa too! Good luck and I hope work stress calms down soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you ladies. I'm not usually this whiny. It's just that the visa stuff serves as some sort of trigger. I'm sure a good therapist could come up with a reasonable explanation.
    Anyways been running around a lot getting documents from person A to person B for signing / uploading, and things seem to be moving forward ... so I'm a bit more optimistic this morning. 
  • @mj8215 That all just sucks.  Hope it all works out as it has in the past. FX
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @Dcwtada I would be so happy with a weeks notice! Our house is on the market for sale. We're also very busy with a renovation project that gets way more of our attention than our current home. But our real estate agent is ALWAYS only telling us the day/evening before a showing.  I waste my time every time getting everything deep cleaned and nothing comes of it. We have a showing today and I don't even curr. The kitchen is clean but I didn't vacuum all upstairs or make sure all laundry was done and put away and get everything dusted like I have every time so far. Ugh I can't wait to be out of here and then she can show this house anytime she freakin wants. 

@mj8215 totally understand your visa concerns I'd imagine anyone would be scared and moreso when pregnant. I hope the process is quick and smooth from here so it'll be one less thing for you to worry about. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @yellow1daisy you poor thing, I have been grumbling like a troll with a weeks notice. 
  • @caribbeanmama I moved on from my la croix obsession and now am into Topo Chiccos! I got @SpongeWorthy hooked as well. The lime flavor is my favorite.
  • oheliza44 said:
    @caribbeanmama I moved on from my la croix obsession and now am into Topo Chiccos! I got @SpongeWorthy hooked as well. The lime flavor is my favorite.
    @caribbeanmama I can vouch for Topo Chico!  I couldn't get the lime ones, but I add a little of my own lime and it's delicious!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • finally got that mocktail @SpongeWorthy.  I hope you had a good birthday!
    Yes girl!  Have all the mocktails and enjoy your babymoon :)
    CP 3/2019
  • I'm so done today. It's been a pile on day and I get to solo parent this weekend because DH is out of town. 

The latest in my string of shit things to happen today, my best friend just seriously got in an argument with me because of weight loss. I literally told her that it wasn't a good topic for us to talk about and we probably needed to move on because we obviously weren't saying things that were healing each other and she blew up at me. I hate talking about that topic to start with. I feel like a whale right now because my weight gain has been pretty high and I have weight issues to start with. I haven't been able to work out much and I'm just not feeling good about myself right now. I really didn't need this today. 
  • I'm so done today. It's been a pile on day and I get to solo parent this weekend because DH is out of town. 

The latest in my string of shit things to happen today, my best friend just seriously got in an argument with me because of weight loss. I literally told her that it wasn't a good topic for us to talk about and we probably needed to move on because we obviously weren't saying things that were healing each other and she blew up at me. I hate talking about that topic to start with. I feel like a whale right now because my weight gain has been pretty high and I have weight issues to start with. I haven't been able to work out much and I'm just not feeling good about myself right now. I really didn't need this today. 
    Here for you girl.  I know those days are especially rough and there's not much you can do until you pull out of it.  Weight issues are no joke regardless of what end of the spectrum you're on.  (((hugs)))

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PurplePoppy424 I am so sorry you're going through this. It's hard enough dealing with our own internal thoughts without having insensitive friends constantly bringing us back to a negative space. 
  • Hugs, @PurplePoppy424. Body image issues are difficult to deal with when you're not pregnant. My husband started teasing me this morning because I tried on so many outfits and I shot him dagger eyes - the pregnant lady wants to feel even a little cute and un-whale-like today.

We got our crib today!! My husband's co-worker just gave it to us! I'm making him cookies over the weekend as a thank you. He requested oatmeal raisin - sorry, but those are like, the most boring cookie. I'm just baffled that those are the cookies he chose.
  • i hate raisins. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @PurplePumpernickel I love oatmeal cookies!  Someone told me that oatmeal helps with milk production so when DD was born, I ate massive amounts of oatmeal cookies and told myself it was for the baby ;). I'm sure they mean actual oats not the cookie form but whatever, send them all my way!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RIGHT?! I only like raisins if they're cooked in something. A box plain? Gross. Keep those away from me.

I'm going to double the batch and do half just oatmeal raisin for him, half oatmeal raisin chocolate chip for us, because I'm not baking cookies to not eat any.
  • @Rae1 - I knew there was a reason I liked you. :) Raisins are the devil and should be banned.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • @star_beagle @Rae1 I'm with you on the raisin hate.  They ruin everything, especially cookies and bread pudding.
  • @PurplePoppy424 Hugs to you.  I'm sorry your friend was such a TW.  You definitely don't need that today.  I hope you can do something nice for yourself and make DH parent for the night so you get a break.
    CP 3/2019
  • Oatmeal raisin cookies and Raisin Bran are my JAM. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • +1 on hating raisins. I got one stuck up my nose when I was five and it scared me for life.