May 2017 Moms

UO 3/16

13»

Re: UO 3/16

• @WombThereItIs EO are glorified air fresheners. The beach is great, but I do need activities. I don't read and burn easy. 
    @ShadeofGreen816 I am team save me, but can understand the other side.
    @kat81 DH does not like SUV's either, but his Impala actually has a larger footprint then my little SUV. AWD is where it is at though if you do drive a sedan. He doesn't have it, so there have been many days that we have to carpool or I have to pick him up because his car wouldn't get out of the parking spot. I have no want of driving a huge SUV, but if I go for 3 kids I am not sure I will be able to avoid that or a minivan. Ugh. 
    @BeachMommy2B Dying over hot broccoli farts! Too funny!
    @schnitz9 Agreed, but I think a puppy can provide some good practice in responsibility. This reminded me of a woman I worked with years ago that was pregnant and went on and on about how taking care of her cat had prepped her and her husband for their soon to be newborn. While I am totally a cat person, I must say they are basically well fed throw pillows that poop in a box and are very unlike a newborn.
    @mcvgal The term push present makes me cringe. I certainly do not expect a gift and I am the one that handles all the finances, so having DH spend a bunch of money on something like jewelry with out talking to me about it makes me very uncomfortable. I am too practical and could think of a million better uses for the money. But, if he did do something small and sentimental I would probably adore it, but for the love of pete don't call it a push present.
    @Jens_Hoes Cheerleading is definitely a sport. While I didn't do competitive (because I had massive anxiety) I still managed to get separated ribs and a broken nose over my years of high school cheerleading. 
    @Hansolosparka I am so confused by dock-a-tot. How is that safe and why on earth is it so expensive?

My OU is lame, but I do not like wine (or liquor or craft beer if I am being honest). I do miss my near beer though. Miller light I am coming for you in a few short months!!!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 0408Bear said:
    I felt most of the gasps were at my response to achays11. I realize I am the lone minirity on this one, but I've been handling responses on the other end of the spectrum since I was in high school. I've had my DNR in my paperwork (which is a part of our hospitals intake process) since I was in high school and my dad was diagnosed with his first cancer. My stance has not changed and doesn't change with pregnancy. DH knew my wishes before we were even dating and, while he doesn't like it, he has accepted my wish and hopes to never have to make the decision. I appreciate everyone's opinion and I did not mean to spark anyone. I guess I was just putting it out there that it's a conversation we have had each pregnancy and I didn't realize it wasn't something couples talked about. 
    I meant to ask you about this if you don't mind. A DNR seems quite extreme. I fully understand not wanting to be left on ventillators and machines if you are basically in a vegetative state but a DNR includes much more minor things like no CPR or defibrillation. if you were in an accident and needed a quick one time jumpstart you would refuse that?

May '17 labor memes
  • Loading the player...
  • @WombThereItIs i was very interested in this too.

@0408Bear do you mind giving your reasoning? I know it can be very personal so if you don't feel comfortable that is fine, It is just very out of the ordinary that someone so young (especially when you said you've had one since 19) would have a DNR on file.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Late to the game, but I just remembered the UO I had thought of for the week! I didn't really find the video of the dad whose Skype interview got busted up by his kids that funny. I mean, the kids themselves were hilarious! Especially the little girl's swagger. I get that. But the dad seemed like a jerk. Maybe he could have made eye contact with his daughter (or even *gasp* even said something to her) rather than reach back blindly and push her out of the way? Maybe turn around for just a second to make sure everything was okay (though I recognize he could probably see on his screen)? Crack a smile, perhaps? I understand that it was probably a very big deal for him, and who knows how I would have handled it, but it just felt "off" to me.

So I guess I found it comical but kind of sad. Though I did appreciate the play-by-play breakdowns afterwards and one person's hypothesis that he didn't get up to help because he wasn't wearing pants ;)
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Thats what I typically joke with H about (in an obnoxious tone) "I'd love another wedding bad for my push pressie". I would love another band for my ring, maybe for our 10th wedding anniversary and I LOVE gifts so I would not mind if he got me something, but I'm so not asking or expecting. He's also the type who just would get me something
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @L1C4gal I would have reacted the same way as the dad. I work from home and it can be really challenging if my son is home with my husband. In the case of a surprise interruption I do my best to quickly and silently hold things off while I continue a call or meeting. 

May '17 labor memes
  • The viral Dad...I think he handled it just fine and as I would've. Knowing you're on national broadcast I think it's totally reasonable to freeze and not really know how to react. My fear with the whole thing is if he got mad at his wife. It doesn't seem like it now (that I've seen interview), but it would suck if she somehow got in trouble for letting the kids escape. Related: My H thinks the whole thing is fake. Mr. Skeptic.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @WombThereItIs That makes sense. I haven't been in that situation before so it's helpful to hear from someone who has. Maybe I should also just try to see the humor rather than being crotchety about it ;)
  • @L1C4gal I also read a theory that makes a lot of sense that he was unsure of how wide the angle on the broadcasted video was. Thinking maybe he could keep his daughter out of view without anyone realizing anything was up. Does seem like he'd have a view on his computer but surely it's pretty small? I don't know. I could see panicking and doing something similar. 
  • @nda_roxybabe I was worried about that too (she seemed so panicked, as I probably would have been!) but like you said that doesn't seem to be the case. And how funny that your husband thinks it was all fake!

@ShadeofGreen816 I hadn't seen that theory but it makes sense. Funny how the whole world is analyzing it! Maybe because it hurts so much to analyze all the other news that's happening...
  • @L1C4gal  During another interview, he said he was trying to push his daughter behind him because they had books/toys back there and he was hoping she would start playing there out of camera, but then he knew he was screwed when the little one in the walker came charging in.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Ah, another piece of the puzzle falls into place. Apparently I haven't watched enough interviews. I swear I'm not super judgey! Y'all have inspired me to re-watch it without being so skeptical/critical.
  • Re: the BBC Interview guy and his kids. all in all I feel sorry for them. I would hate for my parenting/life to be judged based on what someone saw in 60 seconds of my life! 

That is definitely NOT aimed at anyone here - I've seen some awful things said about them on FB, etc. Comment sections of "controversial" articles/videos are my guilty pleasure.
  • I meant to ask you about this if you don't mind. A DNR seems quite extreme. I fully understand not wanting to be left on ventillators and machines if you are basically in a vegetative state but a DNR includes much more minor things like no CPR or defibrillation. if you were in an accident and needed a quick one time jumpstart you would refuse that?
    Sensitive topic aside, I'm seriously chuckling at this.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Re: the BBC dad, I think he handled it like most parents would. Especially since that was his first time being interviewed by them (I think, I could be wrong)

@nda_roxybabe I would have thought it could be fake except the way the mom came in ansdthe look on her face. That was pure terror for what had just went wrong, if it was staged she's an amazing actor. Ans judging by her other interviews... I don't think it was an act. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker