September 2017 Moms

Re: FFFC 3/17

• Loading the player...
  • If April doesn't have her baby giraffe soon I'm going to think she made it up to keep her man around. 
    I had to look this up because apparently I've missed out on this important piece of news.  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsmarygs said:
    If April doesn't have her baby giraffe soon I'm going to think she made it up to keep her man around. 
    I had to look this up because apparently I've missed out on this important piece of news.  :D
    It's been like a month of her "going into labor any minute" andstill no baby lol
  • @zetega I had a dram about smoking the other day, and in the dream I loved smoking so much, and I woke up with a craving...I've smoked maaaaybe 8 cigarettes my whole life. Maybe. Also, I smelled DHs beer at dinner the other day, and my mouth started watering. I hate beer. 

• I don't feel like eating corned beef tonight. Maybe it's because I made it two weeks ago, but I'm just not in the mood for it.  
  • @wyomama0427 yum! I used to love eating raw cookie dough and brownie batter. 
  • @wyomama0427 it's my husbands birthday he wanted cookie ice cream sandwiches...I may of have scraped and eaten the dough that didn't get cooked!
  • mcdoug211 said:
    @wyomama0427 it's my husbands birthday he wanted cookie ice cream sandwiches...I may of have scraped and eaten the dough that didn't get cooked!
    It's so good!!!! Happy birthday to your hubby!
  • I asked my dad to pick up DS because I had to stay late at work. Now I don't have to stay late but I'm going to let him pick him up anyway and get some errands done on my way home. Not that flameworthy but it's all I got today
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @jena333 I think you need to do you, if it is healthier to avoid it, there are plenty of other threads we can all bond in :-)

My FFFC? One guest room is full of junk and the other our house sitter and then DH slept in. I'm too damn tired to find or wash clean sheets and put them on. I'm just making the bed picking the room up. Not ideal, but eh, too tired to care. 
  • I haven't found the PGAL thread to be a downer for me but after my MMC I checked in on the TTCAL board a lot and I found it was dragging me down and making me sad when life in general wasn't. You have to gauge your own reactions to things and see what's being a positive influence and what isn't. Nobody can throw shade at you for how something affects you. What's good for one isn't always good for another!
  • I asked my dad to pick up DS because I had to stay late at work. Now I don't have to stay late but I'm going to let him pick him up anyway and get some errands done on my way home. Not that flameworthy but it's all I got today
    Piggy backing off this: I had a bleeding scare this morning, left work, doctor got me right in, babe is fine, bleeding might be the placement of the placenta?? Even though he's fine, I still opted to come home. I can get through my work so much faster tomorrow without 63 people calling me "can you read my plates early?!?!?!?!" It's going to be so nice and quiet.
  • I thought of another one. Sometimes when I'm bored I go to the Etiquette board on the Knot. There are some unbelievable people out there! It also makes me so glad my wedding is over.
  • jena333-2jena333-2 member
    edited March 2017
    There's definitely NO shaming each other, it's the self shaming that makes me sad. I can't let myself regret or feel bad for the chocolate glazed donut I finally let myself have yesterday.

I pretty much decided if I had a specific question I would just make a thread, otherwise I will "let" (not like allow, but you know what I mean) that group share the support they need. 

I just figured, if I feel that way, maybe someone else does too? I feel like this is a great group of women. I'm happy to be here. 

• @jena333 I totally get how you feel about the plus size board. I had to get rid of my scale several years back because it would trigger bad eating habits, and everyone's obsession with how much weight they've gained/lost is kind of hard for me to handle.

We're creating a new life, can't we relax and enjoy ourselves a bit? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @labby18 lol oh no problem :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • @JNR6510 I love wearing DHs shirts too, but I can't get away with that in the third tri lol. What will you do for pants? I couldn't get away with not having maternity jeans, both pregnancies I have exploded out of my regular jeans. This time a little sooner than last :( 
  • I got a couple pairs of maternity leggings and kapris from Motherhood when they had their 50% off of all clearance sale.
  • Oh man, I'm definitely going to need to invest in some maternity pants. With DD I wore my regular pants all the way through and got away with just a belly band. I am not going to be so lucky this time around. I'm already expanding in places other than my midsection.