June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• @meilay yes, I flew up until 34 weeks with DS1 for work. Make sure and get up and moving around every once and a while to keep good circulation and drink water.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @erinh84 Yes, DD is really struggling with bedtime this week. She's had a hard time winding down in the evenings. Today was the first day that she woke up on her own.

@meilay I was traveling full time for work last time. I flew up to 36 weeks. BUT my OB said that I should start being mindful of where i was going after 30 weeks. I should know where the nearest L&D was. any city I flew to I had to be ok with the idea of staying there until I would have been 40 weeks, in case the baby came early.
    That thought was enough for me to stop flying cross country

• Loading the player...
  • meilay said:
    Anyone have experience with air travel in the third trimester? Any suggestions if so? I'm supposed to attend a wedding DH is in at 33 weeks (traveling from San Francisco to Atlanta) and I'm not sure if I'm nuts to think this is feasible. For additional context my fibroids do put me at higher risk for preterm labor but my OB thinks I'm still good to travel at this point. I have at least two appointments with her before the trip to ensure she still thinks it's safe. 
    I'm flying at 30,31, and 32 weeks. I am going to Cali for a week and then aTexas to see a friend that just had a baby. I haven't done this before but I guess we shall see how this goes. My docs are cool with it. 
  • My daughter was a preemie... but she weighed 5 lbs 10 oz when we left the hospital... so I guess that is why we didn't have to do a car seat study.  We also had a bucket seat... but no one ever said a word about her being too small, or anything like that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @meilay I'm flying from Milwaukee to Phoenix this weekend (26 weeks) and then back the following weekend (27 weeks). My dr just told me to walk around before and after the flight and to also get up a few times on the flight. It's barely a 3 hour flight and I'm sure I'll have to get up to pee at least twice! 

I'm worried about swelling in the heat. I'm just going to my parents house so I don't HAVE to do anything. I can rest as much as I need to. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mkrelmkrel member
    You ladies all helped me out a long while back when I was ordering a bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding, which is about a month after my due date. Now that the reality of the situation is starting to set in, I was hoping for some advice from STMs about how you felt and if you would travel at 3 or 4 weeks pp for your absolute best friend's wedding.  My OB told me no big deal when I asked initially, so I had been planning on it, but my friend just had a baby and was told no travel for at least a month with her LO... 
    I completely expect that it will at best be a stressful experience even with my parents coming along, but now I am wondering if I'm crazy to even consider it. I am going to try to get an appt with the pediatrician that we plan on using to find out his recommendations as well and would never go against the medical advice of her doctor, but I would love to hear your thoughts.
  • @MKRLTX I would base it on how you feel and are healing. I would consider a driving trip, but definitely not fly. But that's just me. 
  • I feel so crappy.  This cold is killing me and I have kept the kids home for three days because I had the best inentions to do something fun with them for my spring break.  That has not happened.  Ugh.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• @MKRLTX That's a hard one.  It all depends on how you feel about being out and about with a newborn, germs, and how far you are traveling.  I personally would not do it.  I am a germophobe and even if no one touched my baby but me I would still worry.  The baby won't have any vaccinations yet and you know most of the people at the wedding will not have their tdap booster and might not be able to resist getting in the baby's face.  Also, you will not enjoy yourself, I can guarantee you will be too tired and/or stressed.  But some people have way fewer worries than me and would totally go for it.  The baby will sleep most of the time even if it's noisy so there is a plus side to traveling when they are little.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • danij0danij0 member
    edited March 2017
    @MKRLTX How far do you have to travel? I have major FOMO so I would probably do whatever I could to be there, but I would definitely make sure the bride understands there is a possibility that you won't make it.
    I was supposed to be a bridesmaid in a wedding that is 2 days before my due date. I am no longer a bridesmaid since I'm pregnant but I am still hoping to somehow make it even if it's just for the ceremony. Luckily, the wedding is only 25-30 min from my house and 20 min from the hospital.

ETA: I'm a FTM so I actually have no clue how it will be after giving birth and my advice/opinions are based on nothing but feelings.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Everyone go read July's AE thread. @MissCassy is in fact CarsonsMommy. In case you didn't know.
  • MKRLTX said:
    You ladies all helped me out a long while back when I was ordering a bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding, which is about a month after my due date. Now that the reality of the situation is starting to set in, I was hoping for some advice from STMs about how you felt and if you would travel at 3 or 4 weeks pp for your absolute best friend's wedding.  My OB told me no big deal when I asked initially, so I had been planning on it, but my friend just had a baby and was told no travel for at least a month with her LO... 
    I completely expect that it will at best be a stressful experience even with my parents coming along, but now I am wondering if I'm crazy to even consider it. I am going to try to get an appt with the pediatrician that we plan on using to find out his recommendations as well and would never go against the medical advice of her doctor, but I would love to hear your thoughts.
    I definitely wouldn't take baby on an airplane that young because of germs. I would baby wear during the wedding/reception to discourage others from touching baby. But in all honesty... I can't imagine going and it being enjoyable. 
  • tjvantjvan member
    Work has been so quiet this week. It's amazing how many people take off for spring break!
  • @Wearmi1 as soon as my husband came home today I vented to him about it. I'm still super annoyed about that whole train of thought. I just don't understand at all. The entitlement kills me. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @awoodruff27 I just wanted to reach through my screen and shake someone.  I'm interested to see how she tries to back peddle out of the situation.  Some people I just shake my head at and know they're stuck on stupid. 
  • Wearmi1 said:
    Ladies... someone in the Llama group made me just lose my mind and come unhinged.  Having a wooo saaa moment right now.
    I saw that. I think what you said was on point btw.
  • Wearmi1 said:
    Ladies... someone in the Llama group made me just lose my mind and come unhinged.  Having a wooo saaa moment right now.
    That was a WTAF moment for me.
  • @Wearmi1, I haven't been back to read her response, because I was so heated. I thought @awoodruff27 and @JAGinMI, handled it well and I was too heated to respond. 

::off to read::
  • @Wearmi1, I haven't been back to read her response, because I was so heated. I thought @awoodruff27 and @JAGinMI, handled it well and I was too heated to respond. 

::off to read::
    I don't believe she has responded yet.
  • @ladylolly89, I see that. Though I hadn't seen her reply to @JAGinMI about the 'federal case'. Probably for the best that she not reply because @Wearmi1 might actually stab someone. 
  • So....too late to join the Llama group, or nah?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Stankonia2014 I don't even know why she thought it was a good idea to say it. She's probably hiding now. I doubt she will respond to anyone at all. 

• @Stankonia2014 I don't even know why she thought it was a good idea to say it. She's probably hiding now. I doubt she will respond to anyone at all. 
    She replied. 
  • Feel better soon @FSUNole31!!
  • mkrelmkrel member
    Pretty sure the issue wasn't "internet tone"..
  • Anyone doing any major pre baby prep? Any free time I have I keep thinking I should be doing something....not sure what really! I organized closets last weeknd.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm having fomo because somehow I missed out on the llama group and I have no idea what people are talking about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MKRLTX I was the maid of honor in my SILs wedding when DS was 3 weeks old. We had to drive 2.5 hrs and just stopped half way to breastfeed. We were getting ready at the house and I just breastfed and took care of the baby while getting my hair done. DS was there to help. The wedding ceremony itself was really short and DH just sat on the end with baby in case he needed to walk out. I wore the baby during the reception (in my bridesmaid gown) and he slept through most of it. The hardest part of the whole thing was breastfeeding in the dress bc I wasnt super comfortable breastfeeding especially in public yet. We had a good time and I am glad we went but not sure I would have done it if we had to fly or it wasnt family. I also had a really easy recovery but had told her ahead of time I would bow out if I hadnt.
  • @meilay @awillis13, PM @Elyse1384, she's the gatekeeper.
    Or you can just request to join, and one of us mods can approve you!
  • @meilay @awillis13, PM @Elyse1384, she's the gatekeeper.
    Or you can just request to join, and one of us mods can approve you!
    Or that too. ;)
  • I cannot wait to buy Easter candy tomorrow.  I am hoping some of it will even make it to Easter.   :)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• What is the llama group? I've missed the boat.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • I want a llama!!!
  • OK, I am glad to hear that she was really making others mad, too. I was kind of furious but I was feeling like maybe I was making too much of an issue about her comments because there was very little kickback and no one backed me up! I think it's hilarious that she chalked it up to "internet tone". Ummm, no, it was the actual words you said and there was no misinterpreting "I just wouldn't go to that store" or "I park in those spots and dare someone to ask if I'm pregnant". 

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • @JAGinMI O no I was pissed too. But I didn't want to go too crazy because well I love the llama group. I didn't want to rock the boat.

• @JAGinMI O no I was pissed too. But I didn't want to go too crazy because well I love the llama group. I didn't want to rock the boat.
    I figured I wasn't that far off the mark in my commentary and people not wanting implosion was exactly why it was fairly quiet. There have been other conversations over there where I kept my comments to myself for the same reason.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016