June 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/13

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/13

• @awoodruff27 that's so great that you were able to find a sitter. This is one of those times that it's definitely worth it to spend the money. Now you'll get to Bump for an hour in peace haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay for finding a sitter! 
  • @delujm0 My old ob followed that approach, but my current one forces you to drink it there. I wish I knew why - but they're just a bit more conservative on a few things (don't even get me started on the process for getting my Rhogam shot - I have to go to the hospital to get blood drawn, take it over to the blood bank there for them to confirm I'm Rh-neg, have them hand me the Rhogam shot, and then go to my ob's office a few blocks away to actually be given the shot at my appointment. I attempted to point out that I've had two previous Rhogam shots without incident, but "liability concerns" apparently outweigh evidence. Rant done.)

Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • @c1tym0m22 and @delujm0 I have to take the drink in front of the lab tech. Because apparently I can be trusted with an infant but not to drink a drink. I also have to get my rhogram shot...Again. I just got it in Jan. So I have to do my glucose at 8 am, home around 10 then go back there at 2 for the shot. I don't understand why they have to make it this whole complicated process. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @EmeraldNC, I've been having some DH issues but not exactly the same as you. He's excited for the baby and likes to talk about our future with her, but it's like he can't remember that I'm pregnant and may need a break. I'm a SAHM and having a hard time keeping up with the toddler and the house and he won't cut me any slack/makes me beg for a rest over the weekend or a chore to be done. He's generally a very involved dad and tries to do some housework, but it's a huge fight lately if I need a break. He expects me to do everything I was doing not pregnant, plus our daughter is definitely in the terrible twos right now (early she's 19 months), and I just can't. I'm finding myself really resenting him and I don't know what to do.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    Sorry to hear about all of the husband issues. My DH could be more involved, but we also decided together that it was best for him to use this time before the baby to get as many sections of his CPA exam out of the way as possible. So when I feel like he is preoccupied, I remind myself that we decided this together. He has been working full time and studying about 5 hours a day, so there isn't a ton of time to be reading and obsessing over baby stuff. He has still managed to be very helpful around the house though. We have our prepared childbirth class scheduled for the day after his next exam, so I feel like that will give him a lot of the info he needs to be prepared for the labor part of things at least. 
    I am all for communication so I second PPs who say to discuss your feelings. Even if you feel like you're beating a dead horse, he will never be able to say you didn't try to communicate your needs. 
  • @mamaelle27 I'm starting to resent mine too.  There is more to the story... like we haven't had sex in over 2.5 months and I've mentioned it several times.  He keeps saying "We fight all the time" and "I'm so tired all the time" so he's never in the mood.  And the random times when all the stars align... I have fallen asleep.  I honestly have no issues with trust with him, so if I thought he was cheating it would be one thing... he just seems to be SO uninterested in me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @EmeraldNC same boat this is my dh's third child and our second together. He still hasn't even tried to feel this baby move yet. I try not to take it personal. I think it hasn't really sunk in to him yet as crazy as that sounds. I know he will be totally in love when baby gets here. 
  • delujm0 said:
    @awoodruff27 can you ask your doctor to give you the drink ahead of time so you can just show up, get your blood drawn, and leave?  That's what my office has always done.  They give me the drink to take home at my 24w appointment, and then I drink it an hour before my 28w appointment.  When I check in I tell the nurses what time I had the drink and they bring me back at the hour mark for the blood draw.  If I didn't have a normal prenatal appointment that day, I would be free to leave.  It's crazy to me that this isn't normal practice...like who wants to just sit at the doctor's office for an hour?  If they don't think you're responsible enough to get your drink down and blood drawn on time under the honor system, there's no way you could be counted on to properly treat your GD if you had it anyway. 
    My office does it this way. I had thought that it was fairly standard! 
  • mamaelle27mamaelle27 member
    edited March 2017
    I think @Wino0920 makes a great point, and it's probably just a rough patch. I think hubby and I both have the best intentions but there just aren't enough hours in the day for us to do more than we're doing, and when things get frustrating we take it out on each other. @EmeraldNC, I'm sorry you're having the added sex issue. We haven't been great with that either, but it's usually on my end. I just feel like if I'm not complaining about one symptom it's another, and that is so not sexy. Luckily, it's only temporary.
  • bergberg member
    I want to +1 @wino0920's advice.  Keep the lines of communication open and hopefully things will clear up soon!
  • I was released today, follow up appt with my OB on Friday. Feeling pressured to do all of the baby prep right now, but also afraid of doing anything. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• EmeraldNC said:
    I am not so sure this is random... but it definitely doesn't need it's own thread - so for right now, it is going here!

Is anyone else having issues with DH during this pregnancy?  This is our 2nd child together (he has a DD5 from a previous relationship) and DH just is not very excited/involved in this pregnancy or really me for that matter.  I have said something to him a few times... but it seems to fall on deaf ears.  For example, last night the baby was kicking a lot (I've just started to be able to feel it on the outside within the last couple weeks) and I was like "WOW! He's really kicking!" and he didn't say anything.  Last pregnancy, he would be SO excited when DD3 would start kicking.  He talked to her, rubbed my belly, etc.  I remember before I really even felt a lot of movement, he would touch all over my belly hoping so badly he would feel her.  The interest is just not there during this pregnancy... doesn't ask about my appointments, definitely doesn't attempt to go to any, etc.  I might be being a little sensitive, but I am just SO disappointed that he is acting this way.
    Count me in on the dh issues. I should have expected it because he was the same way with our first, but I pretty much just excused him because we were having so many issues around that pregnancy. Having kids in general has pretty much threw our relationship completely. We were married a year and really, really happy when we unexpectedly found ourselves pregnant while moving in with his parents because he had no work. I lost that baby very early, but it put me in deep depression because I so badly wanted that baby even though it was such terrible timing. 3 mos later we had another unplanned pregnancy and lost it again. We decided to just see what happened at that point because we were starting to worry that we would have fertility problems at 23 years old and would never have kids. Well that's when dd happened. So him being stressed and not bonding so well was expected that time. As soon as he saw her though, there was no going back, boy was he a sucker after that. I think I changed diapers 1 time the first 3 days. He did everything short of breastfeeding her. Lol
    this time I expected him to care more and it's really the same thing. Quick random excited statements like he is so happy he's having a boy and telling my belly that they will be fishing together in few years. But he's only felt the baby kick a few times and is mostly spaced out on his phone or sleeping when he's at home. I also had to force him to come to our ultrasounds, he was fine with missing them because work was busy. I think they really just don't get it until the baby is born even if they have kids already and kids just strain a marriage anyway. Hopefully we bounce back after we're done with little baby stage. 
  • @hopeful808 So glad that you're heading home! I understand the conflicting emotions there - perhaps wait and see what your ob says on Friday?

Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • @awoodruff27 I've been really worried about GD since getting pregnant, because I had it last time. When I asked my midwife and showed her my numbers a couple weeks ago she told me 28 weeks is when issues usually begin. She told me my low numbers mean I probably will be fine, but I still need to test again at 28 weeks because that's when the real issues begin. That's probably why your ob is being strict. 
    Im glad you got a sitter though!! That's part of the reason I skipped the test and just want to monitor it, I know they would make me do the 3 hr and feeling sick with dd contained in a boring room sounds like hell! Lol
  • I think things with my hubs ebb and flow.  He was complaining a little bit the other night when I was telling him I thought he'd had it pretty good this pregnancy so far.  No crazy late night runs for food or anything and for the most part I've kept my emotions pretty in check.  I cry at ultrasounds but that's not directed at him.  That's just me grateful my little one is still with me.  His stance is that the worst is yet to come and that's when he'll really need to step up and do as much as possible to help me and I agree. 

On a different note I'd like to count today as a win!  I haven't gained any weight between last month's midwife appointment and the one I had today.  Not to start a debate on weight or trigger anyone... but the appointment before this one I'd gained 10lbs in a month and felt horrible about myself.  I'm up a total of 30lbs now.  I've had days where I've been really down on myself for it especially early on when I got a bit of side eye from the midwives for gaining too much too early.  Now I just count my blessings that I'm as healthy as I can be and my weight just is what it is. 

• Anyone opt for a non infant bucket seat?  We have to get three of the diono radians to fit in my dumb Kia Sorento because our dreams of a new car are being put on hold.  I didn't get the bucket for space reasons (mine is expired and destroyed by a dumb mouse) but am wondering how it is going to be leaving the hospital.  I know they have to see you with a seat, I just don't want to have any issues.  The seat I have for the baby is a seat that starts at 5 pounds and grows with them.  Anyone have any stories or insight about this?  Thanks!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• c1tym0m22 said:
    @hopeful808 So glad that you're heading home! I understand the conflicting emotions there - perhaps wait and see what your ob says on Friday?

stuck in the box
    thats my plan, I'm going to make long range sub plans quickly so my kids are set regardless of what happens.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• FSUNole31 said:
    Anyone opt for a non infant bucket seat?  We have to get three of the diono radians to fit in my dumb Kia Sorento because our dreams of a new car are being put on hold.  I didn't get the bucket for space reasons (mine is expired and destroyed by a dumb mouse) but am wondering how it is going to be leaving the hospital.  I know they have to see you with a seat, I just don't want to have any issues.  The seat I have for the baby is a seat that starts at 5 pounds and grows with them.  Anyone have any stories or insight about this?  Thanks!
    A nurse will likely go to your car with you at discharge and will watch baby be buckled into the convertible seat. Not a big deal at all!

I wanted to go with the convertible seat from the beginning, but it gets SO COLD here most winters that I didn't want to have put DS into a cold car seat! I never carried DS around in the seat, other than from house to car (too heavy, not to mention all the other reasons to not keep baby cooped up in the seat) and if it hadn't been for the weather I would have absolutely gone that route. 
  • FSUNole31 said:
    Anyone opt for a non infant bucket seat?  We have to get three of the diono radians to fit in my dumb Kia Sorento because our dreams of a new car are being put on hold.  I didn't get the bucket for space reasons (mine is expired and destroyed by a dumb mouse) but am wondering how it is going to be leaving the hospital.  I know they have to see you with a seat, I just don't want to have any issues.  The seat I have for the baby is a seat that starts at 5 pounds and grows with them.  Anyone have any stories or insight about this?  Thanks!
    I agree with @ladylolly89 I'm sure it won't be a good deal. At least I'm hoping not. Our boy is going home in his clek foonf. Also have Kia problems too. We were supposed to get a Honda Odyssey before June, but that not happening now, so we will also be scrunched in our Kia. Lol 
  • Thanks @ladylolly89 and @Kylieslip24!  I didn't think it would be an issues haha but I worry about weird things like that.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• @FSUNole31 I clearly remember carrying DS out of the hospital with no nurse to check my car seat.  They are not certified car seat technicians, and the hospital does not want to take on the liability of saying a car seat is ok and having something happen.  We had an infant seat, but never brought the bucket portion up to the room, we just strapped DS in at the car.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm starting to feel pretty stupid for thinking the time change wouldn't be a big deal when it comes to DS. He's been sleeping through the night since he was 4 months old and I rarely have issues getting him to bed, even when he's teething. This week so far though, has been pure hell. He wakes up screaming 2 to 3 times a night now, he's not napping as well during the day and he's been super cranky. Is anyone else having issues? I seriously want to scream.
  • I think sometimes with a premie they want to check their lungs in the position they are in when they are strapped in the car seat before they are discharged. I'm not sure how they do it though or whether they could do it in your car if you don't have an infant seat. I image even if that came up that in  the worst case scenerio you'd have to uninstall it, take it into the hospital, let them do whatever they do to check the baby's lungs, and then reinstall it, which isn't the end of the world.
  • I don't think a premie could come home in a convertible. Anyone with experience on that? If that were to happen to us I think we would buy a bucket for the first month or so. Don't premies usually come home around 4 lbs? Our seat is only rated for 5 lbs and up. 
  • mrtmrt member
    @FSUNole31 we didn't have the infant seat for either of our older two, and it was a bit of a pain because when we were ready to leave we had to wait for someone to come with a wheelchair because they wouldn't let us walk through the hall way with the baby. It took forever for someone to come both times. Nobody checked our carseat, they just dropped me at the front door. They would have let us carry the baby in the carseat.

I will have an infant seat this time, only because the convertible I had that worked for newborns expired and I got this seat from my sister.
  • @awillis13 yeah I meant more checking to make sure we actually have a car seat.  With my first two we had the bucket seat in the room so having the convertible is uncharted territory for me.   Hopefully it will be a non issue!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• When do you all start your every other week appointments? I thought they told me at 28 weeks but they said the next one after 28 weeks is 32 weeks, then 34, 36, then weekly. I'm not complaining about having 1 less appointment though! Just curious what others have.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • alm52386 said:
    When do you all start your every other week appointments? I thought they told me at 28 weeks but they said the next one after 28 weeks is 32 weeks, then 34, 36, then weekly. I'm not complaining about having 1 less appointment though! Just curious what others have.
    This is how my doctors do it. 32,34,36 then weekly 
  • MithKMithK member
    @alm52386 My doctor goes 28,30,32,34,36 and then weekly. Definitely looking forward to being able to see the LO more often! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • alm52386 said:
    When do you all start your every other week appointments? I thought they told me at 28 weeks but they said the next one after 28 weeks is 32 weeks, then 34, 36, then weekly. I'm not complaining about having 1 less appointment though! Just curious what others have.
    Mine does every four weeks until 28, then 30, 32, 34, 36, then weekly. 
  • Anyone have experience with air travel in the third trimester? Any suggestions if so? I'm supposed to attend a wedding DH is in at 33 weeks (traveling from San Francisco to Atlanta) and I'm not sure if I'm nuts to think this is feasible. For additional context my fibroids do put me at higher risk for preterm labor but my OB thinks I'm still good to travel at this point. I have at least two appointments with her before the trip to ensure she still thinks it's safe. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm 28 weeks and my next apt is 2 weeks now.  I cannot remember if it switched now in previous pregnancies or at 32 weeks.  I don't really see a need to be at 2 weeks yet but oh well.  Especially since I usually have 1 or both of my kids with me at apts.  
  • @FSUNole31 I know at our hospital if we have a parent who doesn't have an infant seat we just watch them strap baby in and make sure they have the straps in the correct position and that they're tight enough. We can't check to see if the seat is installed properly, but we can make sure baby is in it correctly.

And for us, if they are any less than 37 weeks or less than 2500 grams (5.5 lbs), they automatically have to do a car seat study. I would think you could bring the convertible up for that as long as it was approved for that low of weight but I'm not certain since I've never experienced doing one without the infant seat.