May 2017 Moms

Pregnancy Brain Made Me...

2»

Re: Pregnancy Brain Made Me...

• Loading the player...
  • @ShadeofGreen816, ha! It does sort of read like that! We were only 5 minutes away from home, so luckily it wasn't a huge deal. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Mine always seem to involve remotes. We lost a phase of power yesterday, NBD till we get it fixed Friday, it's only outside lights and the garage power, this does mean that the garage door remote won't work though... no matter how many time I push it, or swear at it, there's no power I have to lift the door manually... whoops 
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • For months now I have been checking in on the wait list website for daycare for this baby and my toddler...

Also for months now my pregnant brain has been reading the anticipated placement date wrong. No spots are expected until spring/summer 2018... not 2017.

May '17 labor memes
  • For months now I have been checking in on the wait list website for daycare for this baby and my toddler...

Also for months now my pregnant brain has been reading the anticipated placement date wrong. No spots are expected until spring/summer 2018... not 2017.
    Ahh! Daycare waitlists are insane. Nothing til summer 2018?!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @hp_momma well the rate we would pay on post insanely low compared to civilian centers so yeah... competition is fierce! This stuff drives me nuts, they make it SO hard for spouses to work. 

Our monthly daycare bill on post at the new place for 2 kids would be about $1,400 total, off post that won't even cover one kid per month. It is probably similar out where you are too I would imagine.... high COLA areas are intense. 

May '17 labor memes
  • I need to get on the wait list for daycare, too! The one good thing about using the one on my campus is that I get moved to the top of the wait list since I work at the college  ;) still costs an arm and a leg, but what can ya do! I did find out that they accept cloth diapers so that's a plus! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @WombThereItIs Yes the cost on post is significantly less here too. I've never had to look into full-time care but I have heard the waitlist is pretty intense. I know when I have to use the Hourly Care option I'm have to book it out the day they open it because it fills up so quickly.

My OB keeps mentioning how I'll need to start bi-weekly NST testing in April and how I can't bring kids to those appointments. I told him, I will do what is best for this baby but it is nearly impossible to get hourly care for my kids to be able to go to all these appointments and DH can't be leaving work that often (he barely makes my ultrasounds sometimes). They have all these strict regulations on kids at appointments but we are left with no options for childcare! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @hp_momma does your hospital have drop in daycare? We have that here, it isn't through CYS I don't think...

Ours has a place where you can drop kids off to go upstairs to an appointment for a few hours. 

May '17 labor memes
  • @hp_momma does your hospital have drop in daycare? We have that here, it isn't through CYS I don't think...

Ours has a place where you can drop kids off to go upstairs to an appointment for a few hours. 
    Nope, we are one of the few that doesn't! So frustrating. We are the 4th largest military base and our childcare options are not at all able to handle the amount of people. We have three childcare centers on post between the Army and AF side, it's pathetic. 

Its frustrating that the SAHMs who just want to use hourly care for the gym (since our on post gyms have no childcare either) or the grocery store take up all the spots. So if I have an appointment and the doctor says no kids, I'm SOL. I feel like if your not going to offer childcare at the hospital, those with a scheduled doctors appointment should get priority for hourly care spots. I totally understand why some doctors don't want kids at the appointments, but it's really hard when you have no other options! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • That is totally crazy because that hospital is a frigging beast, @hp_momma! Although i just googled and our current base is apparently second by population? I had no idea... Huh. 

May '17 labor memes
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @hp_momma: you just made me realize that I have a bunch of u/s appts coming up, and my kid can't come with me there either! shoot...

• @WombThereItIs Right?! It's massive, even my MFM doctor is annoyed there is no drop-in childcare here. He's been very patient and doesn't mind my kids at regular check-ups but anything up in the hospital tower is a no. We will see how it plays out with the NSTs... hopefully they don't start until after DH is back from training and then I might have to just drop DD2 off at his work to sit in his office or something... his old BC would have been totally ok with that but this new BC we are still trying to figure out. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Pregnancy brain made me lose a gift for my aunt's bday that I put in a safe place so I wouldn't lose it! I am so frustrated and have spent hours scouring the house for it. I even cried from being so frustrated. Finally, I reordered it and hope it comes soon since it's already past her bday, but seriously WTF! Where did I put it?!!!
  • Forget how to use my alarm clock, all week.

Monday I couldn't figure out how I managed to over sleep and miss my alarm I set it. Tuesday, same thing. Wednesday I actually managed to hear it the first time and snooze. This morning? This morning I remembered that I manually snooze it. I cant believe it took me 4 days to realize that.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @kns1988 I'm mortified for you

Pregnancy brain made me forget how to calculate time and I had to look up a conversion chart online to figure out when DH will be home from his tests that I scheduled in the first place...