July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms March 13-17

Re: Weekly Randoms March 13-17

• @ktewart I am obsessed with chocolate covered fruit. A patient sent the unit a small edible arrangements box yesterday and I had a chocolate covered pineapple...I couldn't be an asshole and eat the rest of the box but I wanted to SO badly! Definitely going to stop n shop to get fruit and dipping chocolate tomorrow. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Hugs out to @SpongeWorthy must be awful feeling in limbo but I agree with PP that a name would still be important for me to choose no matter what. 

I don't think a private group was started I think everyone has just been busier than usual (or also count me in the uncool club).

I feel kind of relieved and cheated. We were supposed to get a decent amount of snow (coastal NJ), but I woke up this morning, looked at the back deck and there was absolutely nothing. It's just raining here and so far looks like none of the snow from last night stuck. My family lives more in northern NJ closer to NYC and they're getting more than we are but probably not as much as predicted over there either. 

I do hate the shoveling and car cleaning that comes with snow so I guess it's nice to skip that. I'm SO ready for spring. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Loading the player...
  • ktewart said:
    Re: snow, this is my life right now...

Chocolate covered strawberries, a napping toddler, lots of snow outside...now if only I had a husband around and was allowed to drink wine, I'd be good.

I am so stinking jealous! Strawberries have been my thing this pregnancy. Those look amazing!
  • My random is that I feel so guilty for not exercising during this pregnancy. I'm a FTM and all I hear is how great everything will be, and how great I'll feel if I exercise regularly throughout the pregnancy. Which I know and believe is true, I just have zero motivation, and since we moved in January, we aren't even close to the gym I have a membership to. Pre-pregnancy I admit I wasn't regularly active, but I eat healthy and am a healthy weight for my height, so everyone has been telling me "its fine". I just feel guilty and don't want to regret not being physically fit for 3rd tri and labor and everything. Especially since I sit at a desk all day for work, and can't really take a stroll outside in the 20 degree winter weather. I want to get into "shape" and prepare my body physically for labor but 24 weeks seems too late to start. Blah. Sorry for the vent/dear diary post.
  • @kat0607 Put me in the guilty club. I'm too scared to do most exercise and don't want to spend the money to go to a class, so I've been waiting for it to get warm so I can go for regular walks.... HA. I'm also really unmotivated, and while I've always been really healthy, I'm bad at regularly exercising. Actually, running became my thing, and when I was home I did it regularly, but when I got pregnant I didn't feel like I had done it regularly enough to keep doing it in pregnancy. And I was so sick for like 3 months that I couldn't even think about exercising. My midwife was pushing exercise, and I know why (I'm going for a med-free birth). I know I need to, I just... I'm hoping when it warms up I'll want to go walking more. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • kerils said:
    @kat0607 Put me in the guilty club. I'm too scared to do most exercise and don't want to spend the money to go to a class, so I've been waiting for it to get warm so I can go for regular walks.... HA. I'm also really unmotivated, and while I've always been really healthy, I'm bad at regularly exercising. Actually, running became my thing, and when I was home I did it regularly, but when I got pregnant I didn't feel like I had done it regularly enough to keep doing it in pregnancy. And I was so sick for like 3 months that I couldn't even think about exercising. My midwife was pushing exercise, and I know why (I'm going for a med-free birth). I know I need to, I just... I'm hoping when it warms up I'll want to go walking more. 
    I want to try med-free too!! But I haven't been preparing very well obviously. I tried doing some simple cat/cow stretched one night and it felt like my abdomen was separating from the rest of my body, so.....I gave up. :lol: I'm with you on being scared to do most.
  • kerils said:
    @kat0607 Put me in the guilty club. I'm too scared to do most exercise and don't want to spend the money to go to a class, so I've been waiting for it to get warm so I can go for regular walks.... HA. I'm also really unmotivated, and while I've always been really healthy, I'm bad at regularly exercising. Actually, running became my thing, and when I was home I did it regularly, but when I got pregnant I didn't feel like I had done it regularly enough to keep doing it in pregnancy. And I was so sick for like 3 months that I couldn't even think about exercising. My midwife was pushing exercise, and I know why (I'm going for a med-free birth). I know I need to, I just... I'm hoping when it warms up I'll want to go walking more. 
    ^^are we the same person?
  • @AdaByron lol I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

@kat0607 I'm pretty sure my abdominal muscles really are split (don't look it up) and that makes me even more nervous to do anything. Basically when I lean back, there's a bulge down the middle of my stomach... I just don't even want to think about it. There really isn't anything I can do until after the pregnancy anyways. All I can really do, aside from intense physical therapy and chiropractic work that might not even work, is use my ab muscles as little as possible to stop it from splitting even more. So I get out of bed and off the couch really ridiculously now. At my birth center, they don't even have epidurals or any kind of pain meds. If I change my mind and want it, I'm going to have to transfer to the hospital. But I'm more scared of the epidural and more against the hospital than I am scared of the pain of labor, so I have pretty good hopes. I got my ball already, so I'll be on that a lot to try to get the baby to line up right. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @kerils I am not going to look that up, google has scarred me in many ways. I do know when I tense my stomach muscles or stretch them I have a "peak" down the center, my belly is round but there is a definite line that sticks up when I use my abs. I have had it every pregnancy with no problems if it's the same thing, but I was never a runner or worked out (heart problem) so I am not sure how that would have factored in. 
  • Add me to the not exercising club. All I've done is at-home yoga and walks. I still have to eat first thing, and I'm a morning workout person. I'm just excited for the spring (it is coming, in spite of this storm!) so I can walk to work more regularly. That is a good few miles per day.

Confession: I can't get onto TB on my home computer because I cannot for the life of me remember my password. I only bump at work (or right now, when I'm remotely logged in.) 
  • @PurplePumpernickel You cant change it?
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    edited March 2017
    @kerils ugh I'm so sorry about your abdominals, that truly sounds awful (and I might just have to look it up because I'm a freak). I hope you get the birth you want, but I understand it's probably stressful getting to that point! 
  • @ktewart can I be a part of your life. 
  • @kerils glad your DH made it home! Sounded like such a frustrating situation, happy he's home safe with you and baby.

@kat0607 and the other non-exercisers - I haven't done anything I could charitably call "exercise" but my step counter tells me that by the end of my work day and commute I've gotten in a few miles, all of it pretty much as a stroll and sometimes a mosey. I still tell myself it counts though!!

@virginiaunicorn11 I'm married to a New England Jew who's a child of NY Jews and I could not love your description more. I'm very lucky to have awesome ILs and you totally summed them up! My husband is just now cautiously, maybe acknowledging that in July there may be a baby that he may be aware is coming. We have bought absolutely zilch and I don't see that changing for a while!
  • I wasn't around all weekend, so maybe this was covered, but did we notice that carson's mommy is back with yet another new username? August sniffed her out immediately.
  • Chamomile said:
    @kerils glad your DH made it home! Sounded like such a frustrating situation, happy he's home safe with you and baby.

@kat0607 and the other non-exercisers - I haven't done anything I could charitably call "exercise" but my step counter tells me that by the end of my work day and commute I've gotten in a few miles, all of it pretty much as a stroll and sometimes a mosey. I still tell myself it counts though!!

@virginiaunicorn11 I'm married to a New England Jew who's a child of NY Jews and I could not love your description more. I'm very lucky to have awesome ILs and you totally summed them up! My husband is just now cautiously, maybe acknowledging that in July there may be a baby that he may be aware is coming. We have bought absolutely zilch and I don't see that changing for a while!
    What I think of when you say mosey... LOL!!!

Image result for funny walk gif

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm late to the party, I actually came to "work" and did work.  

I have a growth scan tomorrow with my MFM and I am incredibly nervous.  I hate being high risk. I hate having to be nervous. 

Still sending hugs hugs and good thoughts to @SpongeWorthy

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • @ktewart - I'm so jealous, chocolate covered strawberries are my FAVORITE!

And add me to the list of those feeling bad I haven't exercised. I was working out on a very consistent schedule prior to this pregnancy and the first trimester quickly put an end to that. I feel guilty and want to exercise but if I'm being honest, I have no second trimester energy either.

I think I'm the only one who's upset that we missed the blizzard... I live in central NJ and we just slush.  Just slush. And then I had to excuse to stay home on a snow day with DH and DDs.  It sucks to be at work when everyone else is home.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AdaByron said:
    I wasn't around all weekend, so maybe this was covered, but did we notice that carson's mommy is back with yet another new username? August sniffed her out immediately.
    Whoa.  Seriously?!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, thinking of you @SpongeWorthy and hoping that everyone in the snow is safe and snug.

Random but THREE pregnant women in my life gave birth yesterday.  There was a full moon Sunday night... Cooincidence?!?  Awooooo!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AdaByron said:
    I wasn't around all weekend, so maybe this was covered, but did we notice that carson's mommy is back with yet another new username? August sniffed her out immediately.
    Whoa.  Seriously?!  
    Yeah check the august intro thread. She withheld all the personal details this time so it's not super obvious, but she showed up exactly 3 days after the last one, and claims not to know what a catfish is
  • lfk2013 said:
    Yeah, I've noticed too. Meh...I have better things to worry about in my life than being part of the cool crowd anymore. 
    I feel like nobody is missing...it's always so boring on the weekends around here! And yesterday was my 'weekend' so yeah. Always slow and boring here on the weekends here. Today is my Sunday. LOL So I'm just looking in now.
  • AdaByron said:
    I am not convinced it's her. It's possible, but idk. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • AdaByron said:

200w.gif 819.7K
  • Hmmm, I'm not completely convinced that it's her either.  The writing style seems more articulate with this girl and I think the picture is completely different... although I guess she could always use a photo of another person.  Anyhoo, I hope it gets sorted out and I hope you know who doesn't come stir anything up here, woof.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @virginiaunicorn11 Thank you :) Baby prepping has been my escape from all the political news since November.  It's been hard for me to quit cold turkey.  I appreciate the validation.

@kghusker1003 GL at your scan.  The waiting is pure torture.  I must have missed that you are high risk as well.  Might I ask why?  Feel free to ignore me if that's too nosy.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • AdaByron said:
    AdaByron said:
    Whoa.  Seriously?!  
    Yeah check the august intro thread. She withheld all the personal details this time so it's not super obvious, but she showed up exactly 3 days after the last one, and claims not to know what a catfish is
    Which is a dead give-away that you're actually a catfish. Even if it's not actually carson's mommy...

She also said "the minute you relax, it'll happen" referring to getting pregnant that was pretty hurtful over in 2nd tri
  • edited March 2017
    LuLiLaEv said:
    AdaByron said:
    AdaByron said:
    Whoa.  Seriously?!  
    Which is a dead give-away that you're actually a catfish. Even if it's not actually carson's mommy...

She also said "the minute you relax, it'll happen" referring to getting pregnant that was pretty hurtful over in 2nd tri
    She also admitted to not wanting this pregnancy. 
  • @SpongeWorthy I have high blood pressure, history of preterm labor, and pre-eclampsia and they also said "previous c-section complicating current pregnancy", but nobody has explained what that means.  

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Rae1 said:
    That is all very odd. And if she's that desperate to keep making accounts, I have to wonder whose picture that is....  :s

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • She said something about the PnP mattress being too hard, and I remember her saying that before. I kinda think it's her. There's so much makeup on her profile pic it could probably be an old picture of her. 
  • On team not sold it's her. It's possible, but I'm just not sold yet. She didn't work. She stayed home. If it is her, she seriously needs to see a doctor. That's messed up. 
  • Rae1 said:
    That is all very odd. And if she's that desperate to keep making accounts, I have to wonder whose picture that is....  :s
    It comes up in a photo search in TTGPU private group, which I can't see...
    @Sassenach1743 Are you in there?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • On team not sold it's her. It's possible, but I'm just not sold yet. She didn't work. She stayed home. If it is her, she seriously needs to see a doctor. That's messed up. 
    The husband seems the right amount of asshole... Just sayin'. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
    I think we've already established that she definitely needs to see a doctor for some untreated issues...

@SpongeWorthy continuing to send good thoughts your way! 
  • But on the topic of AWOL people... has anyone heard from @leilac (I think that's how you spell her username? I think she changed it to something else though) or @carribeanmama? If i missed something as to why they aren't around anymore, please forgive me.
  • AdaByron said:
    She said something about the PnP mattress being too hard, and I remember her saying that before. I kinda think it's her. There's so much makeup on her profile pic it could probably be an old picture of her. 
    I am almost 100% sure the photo of MissCassy isn't CarsonsMommy. CarsonsMommy was blonde and never wore makeup or smiled. All opposites of MissCassy's pic. Doesn't mean she isn't using someone else's picture though. Maybe she was just trying to throw us off haha