March 2017 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Check-In: 3/6

2»

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: 3/6

• Options
    Happy due date day @triwellnessgirl !! Can't believe all our babies will be getting here in the coming weeks!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vino831 ... curious, since you didn't experience BH or contractions with either pregnancies... do you have intense menstrual camps? Friends tell me that early contractions feel like bad period cramps, but I don't get cramps so I'm left scratching my head, LOL... curious if you experience the same!
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited March 2017
    Can't stand how adorable she is @kjd291!!! Love those socks too!

Happy due date day @triwellnessgirl!! Glad your appointments went well!

Hope your appt goes well today @vino831 & that your LO decides to come very soon for you!!

@jenny0228 congrats on your last day in the office till July!! It's supposed to snow here tomorrow too a bit & then Tues we're supposed to get more snow than we did the whole month of February combined lol... I agree it sounds like your body was starting to practice yesterday! So exciting!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl beautiful reminders!  <3

And no I don't get intense period cramps either! Perhaps that why I describe it as pressure and tightening. 

OH - I wanted to ask you - did you go somewhere particular for inspiration to bookmark your bible? I've been working on mine the last few days and remembered your picture was jam packed. Any suggestions?

@kjd291 she is SOO precious!!! Thanks for sharing your peaceful moment!!  <3
  • Options
    @vino831 nice!!

My push playlist story --> I do not even remember music being on because I was in another world once things got intense - but DH had put pandora on as things were getting ramped up - so I asked him if he was paying attention to what song(s) were playing right before/while she was being born, and he said it was a commercial. Hahaha. 
  • Options
    @kjd291 haha it has crossed .mind to get a free week no commercial trial of Pandora when I go into labor!  :D
  • Options
    Love the idea of creating a push playlist! I have Amazon Prime on my phone & there's no commercials thankfully but I should maybe try to find my ipod too as a backup. I used to use it when I ran but then the last 2+ years I haven't used music whenever I ran outside & just tune into nature sounds instead. Although the final race I did last year I did use music & played the song "Survivor" on repeat almost the whole time haha apparently I'm a big fan of running to Destiny's Child ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    vino831 said:
    @kjd291 haha it has crossed .mind to get a free week no commercial trial of Pandora when I go into labor!  :D
    THIS!! Haha... this is exactly what I'm doing! Too funny!!

And about my bible... I asked my momma friends and a few sent verses that helped them. So I went with some of those and some that I already had.  I can share them with you if you'd like!!
  • Options
    @kjd291 AHH! those little socks and those little cheeks!!! Natalie is so adorable! 

@vino I only run to music on long runs or interval runs but that song has been a staple for me to push through some high paced training runs in the past! I'm not a fan of eminem but I do like that song..! It does seem fitting for your push playlist! (And definitely for Ragnar as you're racking up "kills!" ;) )

I feel like I should make one - maybe I will review my running playlists to see if there is anything there. @serenity13 I love your destiny's child on repeat! Sometimes a song is just the right one! I have a lot of motown that I was running to right before I got pregnant. Something about blasting "think" by aretha franklin got me moving! I was having a conversation a few months ago with someone I used to run with about running playlists. We both agreed that we had songs on ours that we would NEVER ordinarily listen to outside of running, and that some of the songs were almost embarassing to admit to, haha! Sometimes those saccharin-y sweet oh-so-catchy songs just do it for you though - I admit I have a few from my last half marathon playlist that my 10 year old niece also knows every word to! Ha! 

@triwellnessgirl those are such thoughtful goodies for the hospital staff! You are so sweet!!
  • Options
    @triwellnessgirl what thoughtful little packages!!  And a nice special use of your waiting on baby time! :)

eapecially thinking of you and @vino831 this morning <3 

• Options
    kjd291 said:
    @triwellnessgirl what thoughtful little packages!!  And a nice special use of your waiting on baby time! :)

eapecially thinking of you and @vino831 this morning <3 

Perfect!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Options
    @kjd291 Natalie is BEYOND GORGEOUS!!!!! Ohhhhh myyyyyyy goooooodness look at her!!!!!! You must just squeeze her and smooch her 24/7, LOL!!!!! And those mismatched sockies... AAAAAAH!!! Love!!!!
  • Options
    vino831vino831 member
    edited March 2017

@triwellnessgirl I love your snack set up – so thoughtful! And the baskets are ADORABLE! Every time I go to the grocery store I see something else that I’m sure that the huge birth team NEEDS to have to snack on in the house!

• Options
    vino831vino831 member
    edited March 2017
    Tb keeps cutting off my posts...

I’m heading out for what will hopefully be my LAST grocery store trip (again lol) this afternoon and I love the idea of the little chip bags too. I might have to pick some up since it just dawned on me they are probably less likely to get into the larger bag I bought for them – its Boom Chika Pop though so I could be wrong!

• Options
    Seriously Im about to have 16 posts (I wrote this in word first) grumble grumble....

@triwellnessgirl Regarding the verses – its amazing for you to offer to share! I do not (IN ANYWAY) want to cause you work to do – please please – I want you to be relaxing!! But if you already have a list I would greatly appreciate them.
  • Options
     :s 

@jenny0228 I love that both you and your niece could jam out to your playlist! 

@kjd291 agreed it is perfect! I wanted to ask you – going 11 days over. While I do believe that babies come when they are ready from what you said it seemed like the pumping really gave your body a kick it needed. So my question… in hindsight would you have done that earlier? 
    My joke is that if this lo is still cozy after 41 I will consider hooking myself up to the pump or enlist the assistance on my in-home prostaglandins producer! hahaha
    I found out on Wednesday that I am actually able to go over 42 weeks for this birth. I think going from the birthing center to the home birth both with midwives I just assumed 42 weeks was the cut off. She said her last mama was almost 43 weeks!! Obviously, there’s a LOT more monitoring after 41 weeks. Anyhoo… While I’m in a great place mentally I really don’t want to go near 43 weeks! 

Whew... sorry ladies for the multiple posts... its been doing this to me on several threads today

• Options
    vino831 said:
    Seriously Im about to have 16 posts (I wrote this in word first) grumble grumble....

@triwellnessgirl Regarding the verses – its amazing for you to offer to share! I do not (IN ANYWAY) want to cause you work to do – please please – I want you to be relaxing!! But if you already have a list I would greatly appreciate them.
    Oh my goodness... I have so much time on my hands right now... LOL! Here you go!!

1 Samuel 1:27
    Nehemiah 8:10
    Psalm 37:7
    Psalm 40:1-3
    Psalm 71:6
    Psalm 73:25-26
    Psalm 127:3
    Psalm 139:13-16
    Psalm 142:1-3
    Psalm 145:1-5
    Psalm 145:18-19, 21
    Proverbs 13:12
    Proverbs 31:28
    Isaiah 40:28-31
    Jeremiah 29:11
    John 16:21-22
    Romans 8:18
    2 Corinthians 3:17-19
    Philippians 4:6-7, 13
    2 Timothy 1:7
    James 1:17

And please feel free to share any others you may have!!! 
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing those verses @triwellnessgirl I might have to bookmark them too!! Love all the goodies for the hospital staff!

@vino831 43 weeks?!!? Yikes I'd be trying all the ways possible to bring on labor well before then if possible...hopefully you won't go past 42!!

So for the last 3 hours I've barely been able to walk & feel this insane pressure in my pelvic area & it hurtssss. I may have overdone things at the SPCA today, I was there 4 hours and had a dog escape on me (never saw anything like it, she climbed a 7 foot chain fence like a cat & jumped over it, then took off - scared me so much!) so I ran down a big snowy hill after her & after I got her she proceeded to pull me like crazy, so I think I strained something in that whole process...walking a bunch of other strong dogs after her as my "demo dogs" for my trainings didn't help either I'm sure... so I'm hoping this pain subsides & that it's not a sign that labor is imminent but I really have no idea since I'm thinking now that baby could fall out possibly? On a positive I did reach my goal of 5 workouts/activity for the week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 I'm sorry you're feeling that pain! Sounds like you had a wild day with the dogs! I have been feeling something similar on the days where I work out- I kept feeling like I strained a groin or something, coupled with loads of pressure and some uncomfortable pain too that turns my walk to a waddle. It has been coming and going for me. Hope you can get some relief! 
  • Options
    @jenny0228 and @serenity13 I've had this as well. Every time I walk now it's like a waddle and my upper inner thighs into my groin have been super sore. I just assumed it's the added pressure from maybe baby's head engaging more? My dr doesn't check dilation or effacement so I have no idea how low he is or isn't. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @vino831 I definitely think it made things more favorable to begin the medical/drug portion of the induction. But it sadly was never was successful at getting me INTO labor. The nurse I was working with said only a few mamas have been able to get hooked up and get labor going just from that. So---hypothetical IF: yeah, if I hit full 42wks and there were no signs, I'd have given it a try!  But still just really think your body will do it when it's ready to do it. Hah. 
    (((It was 10min pumping, 20minutes walking x4 - so not the simplest little thing. Pretty time consuming)) 
    I haven't done research about it--but I thibj its warned as something that *can* cause intense contractions?? Not make baby happy. So they advise not doing it until overdue or with supervision?? Or something like that. I'd ask your MW and see what her thoughts are!
  • Options
    @jenny0228 & @npaulie sorry you're both dealing with a similar pain! Hope it gets better for you guys!! It got a little less intense this morning but I'm definitely waddling/almost limping around haha I didn't know if I was gonna make it into work early this morning between that and getting contractions about 8 minutes apart for about 2 hours between 430-630... Luckily they stopped but I was worried my little guy was gonna come early and I really need him to stay put until after the crazy storm in the forecast passes - we're supposed to get almost 2 feet of snow here mon-tues...I really don't want a snow baby! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    also have to share this photo of a super sweet girl I fell in love with yesterday who just soaked up all the cuddles I could give...I'm gonna miss all the dogs there so much! I might be crying a little right now knowing I won't be back for several weeks...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 hope you can avoid the snow baby!!!
    aww! Yay for puppy cuddles <3 I know you'll miss them! And they'll miss you!! By I promise the coming baby cuddles will make up for all of it!!

and as far as the pressure/waddle goes: totally normal for FTMs to have baby drop down to prep for labor as far as a few weeks before Labor Day.  It's no fun though :( sorry you're all stuck dealing with it!

• Options
    One of my favorite benefits of taking maternity leave before Baby's arrival is the extra time I have to just sit in Baby's nursery and reflect, and read, and pray, and journal. I started writing in a guided journal called "Love Letters to My Baby" and it's been wonderful. This morning I started a chapter called "Waiting & Wondering." This is the opening page and reflection. I thought it was so beautiful and perfect, and so I had to share. And I love the Proverbs verse about a longing fulfilled being a tree of life... especially as I sit beside Baby's glorious nursery tree. Perfection. How great is our Lord!!! 

• Options
    @serenity13 I hope you're feeling better today!!! Like you and the other Momma's on here, ive been feeling that soreness down below too. It started over a week ago. And i also get a shooting pain down my right leg, that's been about 2 weeks now. Crazy what our bodies go through, but it's all worth it to look into the eyes of our forever love. I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

PS just the other day I reposted on FB about a shelter dog who's been waiting for a home for over 400 days. Looks A LOT like the dog you posted!!!!! Her name is Bella, I think. She's in Mass. let me grab a pic.... 

here you go!! Thanks for all the work you do for all these precious pups!!!!!!

• Options
    @triwellnessgirl so glad you have time to sit in baby's room with such meaningful reflection! So sweet! 

Hope everyone is having a good end to the week! It's still light out at 7pm here!! It's also 20 degrees but I'm choosing to look past that for now.  ;)

I spent the the afternoon making some healthy energy bites that I froze to snack on once baby comes. I truly can't believe I summoned the energy to do it, haha!