September 2017 Moms
Options

Maternity Clothes!

Let's share all things maternity clothes! Sales, which brands we like or dislike, websites or stores we may not have thought of... anything and everything related to dressing a pregnant body!

Re: Maternity Clothes!

• Options
    I think we all know that I like certain Walmart maternity clothes lol! Some brands aren't bad like great expectations but stay away from anything "due time" because it's all crap. The shirts all shrunk in cold water and low heat.
    H&M has a sale going on, at least they did a day or two ago when I looked. They've got some cute shirts I want to order. 
    I ordered from motherhood maternity off of amazon with DS and they sent me a really nice package with my clothes, some gift cards and stuff. It was really nice.
  • Options
    Old Navy had a good selection and assortment of prices this weekend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Target.. of course! Although right now my target has a really crappy selection of maternity clothes. Its sad. I did want to try a few things from pink blush maternity this time. It looks like really cute stuff! Otherwise, I actually hate spending a lot on maternity clothes because you can outgrow them so quickly and they're only used for so long. They actually have a maternity consignment store here and I'm totally going to check it out. I have a bunch of nice stuff from my last pregnancy, but they're all warm clothes because I was really pregnant through the winter. Haha I don't think that'll work so well this time!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The bodycon dresses from old navy are my favourite. 

Asos has has some cute things too and if you get from clearance they can be budget friendly. 
  • Options
    I just spent a pretty penny at Old Navy last week.  I recommend looking up online which store nearest you sells maternity, because not all of them do.  There is also an even better selection online than in store.  Pink Blush Maternity is pretty good too, right now they have black leggings for $25 which I just ordered.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just got out my wardrobe from last time. I'm going to need a lot of summer items (DS was born in May so I missed the heat). I also found my bra extenders in the bag and forgot how awesome they were. Your boobs change size but at some point your ribcage expands as well so these helped a ton! I recommend picking up a couple if you see them
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I stocked up a few weeks ago when motherhood maternity had all of their clearance an extra 50% off. I try to buy things that I can wear post-maternity like maxi dresses. I know I'm going to need some swimsuits to accommodate the bump since I was barely pregnant during the summer with DD (she's a December baby.) 
  • Options
    @MyNamesTaken I didn't know about Bra extenders! I need those yesterday

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have found some really cute and inexpensive things on Zuilly.com.  I also check out Old Navy and hit up the Moterhood Maternity sale.  Macy's has some good deals on maternity clothing too, they have some deal with Motherhood Maternity so you can find the same items at Macy's sometimes for a little cheaper plus you can use coupons!
  • Options
    @sugarpixxie2 I think I got them at Wal-Mart in the bra section but I would think any lingerie store would have them too. Way cheaper than new bras if your cup size still works!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Zuilly.com. @Jul768 Did you have a good experience with them?
    So far my Old Navy store has been sadly lacking in the maternity department. I had to ask a store associate where it was because it was hidden behind a display in the boys' section. Then again, the last time I went in it was that weird period in February, where it's getting warm outside, but no one is carrying spring stuff yet. Will try again tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If I want to visit a store I'll have to take a trip somewhere, so I mostly order my clothes online. It kinda sucks but I'm used to it, I just have to make sure to check sizing guides and reviews before buying!
  • Options
    @mrsmgsee I just recently bought some maternity jeans and shorts from Zulily and LOVE them.... the jeans are a tad on the short side but I'm also a tad on the taller side.  They look cute with flats and I can wear them with boots so it's no biggy for me! 
  • Options
    @mrsmgsee I have had good experience with them so far. I got a pair of leggings that are so comfy!   They say hand wash only but I have washed and dried them in the drier with no issues. The other items I got are great too and fit good. I bought some non-pregnancy dresses a few years back that were see through, didn't realize when i ordered them so just be sure to read everything cause you can't return things.
    Wish the Old Navy stores around me carried maternity clothes!
  • Options
    SummerGirl21SummerGirl21 member
    edited March 2017
    My previous go-tos have mainly been Old Navy and Gap.  Gap makes a seriously comfy basic tee.  Old Navy has been hit-and-miss in terms of quality.  Same with Motherhood.  Zulily is on my radar this time, as is pinkblushmaternity.com.  H&M too.  You would think after two pregnancies I'd have a good wardrobe going, but I really don't!  I think I got all of my maternity jeans at Macy's...my favorites have been the Indigo Blue brand.

ETA: I will confess...I have a couple of dresses from Seraphine and I love them!  I let myself buy one each pregnancy, and they look great and are good quality.  I'm actually wearing one to a wedding next weekend.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    All the ladies discussing PinkBlush maternity,  Zulily often has their line.  At least twice a week I see their stuff on Zulily.  So maybe check both and see where the better deal is! 
  • Options
    Old navy and surprisingly walmart too. I got some shorts from there I'm super happy with for the $7 price tag and some tanks. I got some jeans from old navy for $19 and they are pretty comfy too. I don't care about the clothes not lasting. I just want them cheap and comfy. 

Hopefully I will be able to wear a lot of my regular dresses this summer. I usually wear flowy dresses instead of shorts anyway in the summer. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered two tops from Old Navy and they were not at all stretchy and completely see-through.  :( 

This, I ordered from Macy's on President's Day for $17 (it is Motherhood Maternity brand) and it is great.  A bit big for me to wear now, but its a very nice material and has lots of give, so I think it will last for the whole pregnancy.
    Motherhood Maternity Striped V-Neck Tee
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    I'm just over here being sad that the closest Target is an hour away and my Old Navy doesn't have maternity clothes... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm struggling with finding local places that do plus size maternity :( I have a feeling I'm just going to have to order a bunch of stuff online and then go through the hassle of returning everything that doesn't fit.
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 My Old Navy claims to have maternity, but the employees couldn't locate it. My Target has the worst selection ever. I couldn't find maternity clothes at Walmart either. It's pretty much Motherhood or online for me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    SummerGirl21SummerGirl21 member
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of...Gap.com is having a 40% off sale today, which you can also apply to sale items, and they already have a bunch of maternity stuff on sale! And Old Navy has 30% off!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Old Navy pants have been the best fit and bang for my buck in three pregnancies (5'4", curvy/athletic shape, size 6-8 typically)
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    I'm actually a bit astonished on how much some of these maternity websites want to charge for a stretchy maxi dress. I think I'm going to try and order a size up from my normal size with forever 21.  
  • Options
    Speaking of...Gap.com is having a 40% off sale today, which you can also apply to sale items, and they already have a bunch of maternity stuff on sale! And Old Navy has 30% off!
    I LOVE gap. I have some maternity shirts from there that I was able to wear as regular shirts. The quality is good. I know what I'm doing today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall  The Old Navy store finder has a Maternity filter that shows which stores have a maternity section.  

I'll cast a vote for H&M.  I don't know if all their stores have a maternity section, but their website has a good selection and it's super affordable.  Most tees are just 12.99 and good quality!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited March 2017
    @juliebeannn The filter on the Old Navy website says my store has a maternity clothes. The employees in the store said it does not. 

ETA: I did get some good tanks at H&M. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    The target by me has legit like 4 maturnity shirts and some leggings.... it's a joke but the maturnity section at kohls was closing out and I was getting pants for 8$ and shirts for 3$ and they're all really nice the jeans were originally 70$ and are so comfy.  And my mom was trying to cheer me up and bought me like half the motherhood store and brought it over to my house Thursday night. It was nice of her because I really don't have the time money or motivation to shop right now. 
  • Options
    Is anyone else finding that almost all of the maternity pants being sold right now are ankle length or cropped? I know that spring is coming, but I live in Boston, where I won't be wearing ankle pants until probably May! I need some good quality pants that I can wear to work, but I'm having a hard time finding much. I'm still able to wear some of my regular pants right now, but that's not going to last much longer!
  • Options
    @Rhubarb7216 I had noticed that, but I'm really short, so the ankle length are normal length on me. :grimace: You guys are right, Target doesn't have much right now, but I did get a cute tank dress for $24. I was glad because I didn't have the time or energy to go somewhere else, and I have a party Saturday night, and nothing is fitting me right now. I think I waited a little too long to stock up on some maternity basics, because my whole wardrobe right now is a pair of maternity leggings, four or five shirts, one non-maternity dress, and now this dress I just got. Payday needs to come quickly, because mama needs some clothes! 

• Options
    @amandarene112 I'm also on the shorter side (5'2") and sometimes buy the ankle length pants as regular length too! But the ones I bought at Old Navy are just a tad too short to pass for regular length. Good thing they're skinny leg and I can probably wear them with tall boots until spring gets here!
  • Options
    I just bought my first maternity clothes online through Old Navy this weekend. So glad that some of you ladies had such positive reviews!!! I'm excited for them to arrive!! I'm 5'7" so hopefully the length for pants won't be too bad. 

Our target is also MISERABLE for maternity clothes. I wander through the normal womens section and practically drool at all the cute new styles, then WHAM maternity section is a dud. Such a let down, target, such a let down.

I loooveee motherhood maternity but holy smokes they're expensive. And definitely planning on buying my baby shower dress from Pinkblush, you know - in 6 months from now. Already dreaming :)
  • Options
    Hey @stephy_p , the thigh chaffing started for me! Bleh! I have body glide for running (when I used to have energy to run anyway), it's at sports stores. Monistat of all companies makes an anti-chaffing gel, which I think is going to be a must have this summer. 
  • Options
    @stephy_p This stuff works miracles for me in the summer. Also, bicycle shorts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E96MG2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Options
    @stephy_p Plus one to Body Glide. I never wanted to wear anything other than pants until I discovered it. 
  • Options
    +2 for glide
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    stephy_p said:
    Question to those of you planning to wear lots of dresses this summer.....How are you planning to avoid the painful thigh rub thing that happens in the sweaty heat of summer? How can I avoid it other than avoiding dresses? Does that only happen to me?

Bicycle shorts. Lots of bicycle shorts. The chub rub is real over here. 
  • Options
    +3 for Body Glide
    but if they have 2Toms Sports Shield get that instead ;) It does the same thing but it rolls on and I find that it lasts longer