March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 3/6

Re: Randoms! 3/6

• @kjd291 I was happy with my hospital undies, i especially liked the no guilt of throwing something away that wasn't mine.
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2017
    kjd291 said:

Ummm--PSA: sooo not all hospitals mesh undies are created equal. I remember thinking some of you were completely insane when you said you didn't like them earlier this year--but whatever kind this birthcenter used vs. the ones from my first go around? I hate them! Booo!!
    I seriously just bought a pack of oversized granny panties from Wal-Mart planning to toss them if necessary.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kjd291 said:

Ummm--PSA: sooo not all hospitals mesh undies are created equal. I remember thinking some of you were completely insane when you said you didn't like them earlier this year--but whatever kind this birthcenter used vs. the ones from my first go around? I hate them! Booo!!
    I seriously just bought a pack of oversized grabby panties from Wal-Mart planning to toss them if necessary.
    Smart lady! I was thinking I'd do that-but then said: nah-I loved the mesh-I'll just swipe extra.  
  • So here's my random thought that's stressing me this week: I have three nieces, ages 10, 8 and 5. I'm so happy that they are all so excited to meet their baby cousin. All they want to tell me when I see them is how they are so excited to hold him and cuddle him. I am a FTM and am terrified at the thought. Believe me, I know this is irrational- I'm most scared about this happening in the hospital. We already told our family that our parents, sisters, brothers in law and nieces are the only visitors we are going to see in the hospital. Both of our sisters are really hands off when it comes to their kids sort of overstepping boundaries. For example, they usually leave it up DH and I to say things to the kids like, "don't put your dirty sneakers on the couch" or "please stop terrorizing the dog". I tried bringing it up to DH but he thinks I'm overthinking it, which I probably am. Can someone tell me that kids are fine to hold a newborn and I shouldn't worry? 
  • @jenny0228 - if you can't avoid it, at our big sister class they said to make sure the baby was swaddled snugly and that the older child be sitting down, even with a pillow or support under the arm holding the head. Some kids will also be super excited and think they want to do something and when the time comes, not so much :). Our twins are almost 6 and they understood that they have to be really careful, sit down, and keep arm under the neck because the baby's muscles aren't strong like theirs yet, so I imagine your nieces will too.
  • @jenny0228 You know your nieces behaviours best, and if you think they will not be gentle you can always ask them to wait until baby is a little bigger. My 3 year old goes into super gentle mode around babies, but she's otherwise pretty wild. She held her newborn cousin with very close supervision, I showed her how to sit, where to put her arms and propped a pillow under her arm for support and she did great. When DD was born her 2 cousins also held her but only once we got home. I felt more comfortable on the couch at home with lots of support, but her cousins were 2 and 5. 
  • @Lexxilou1986 that picture made me squeal a little bit from the cuteness! Your kids are precious and the cheeks on that little boy are too cute!!!! 

This is more of a symptom but I wondered if anyone else still due is feeling a lot of pressure, almost like you need to push, twitches inside your hoo hah like Kegels doing themselves, and has anyone else not picked a name yet? I just can't settle on one! 
  • omg @DizzyMom i just died laughing! thank you for that
  • @DizzyMom that is pretty much a miracle!! That never happens!
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @silverbulletband we're still struggling with a name.   We have a list of a few names.  I feel like at this point we just need to see her to make the final call.  I love my DH but he's crazy about this name situation!
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• vino831vino831 member
    edited March 2017
    Goodmorning12 love to hear this sooo much! We finally dwindled down our list.... to 6 lol
    DizzyMom  Now THAT is impressive!!!!
    Lexxilou1986  They are just SOOooOO adorable!  I cant wait to see my little man with his little sister! 
  • @silverbulletband No name here either. We have a long enough list but I don't feel drawn to any girl names, we have a boy name that I'm leaning towards though. SO has been no help at all so it's been difficult. Any time he suggests a name it's one we hear frequently, names of random people we know. So I'm really hoping when baby is born, I'll pull out my list since he doesn't have one and one will just click for us both. 
  • can i just say that coffee makes me an entirely different person. i can literally feel my mood improving after a cup in the morning. maybe i should have drank it during pregnancy haha
    Completely agree! I'm a better mommy in the morning with a cup of coffee!
  • can i just say that coffee makes me an entirely different person. i can literally feel my mood improving after a cup in the morning. maybe i should have drank it during pregnancy haha
    Completely agree! I'm a better mommy in the morning with a cup of coffee!
    Amen!! ...plus its getting the digestive system rolling each morning ;)
  • @npaulie cupcakes are my weakness 
  • Happy birthday @thisisallyson!!!! 

@npaulie mmm a cupcake sounds so good right now! 5 sound even better!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mmmm cupcakes....sound so much better than the banana blueberry oat muffins I just made. At least DS is happy about his "teat muff" (treat muffin) haha. 
  • Happy belated birthday @thisisallyson

• kjd291 said:
    My poor baby, the only time I seem to find time to eat is when I'm feeding or just holding her... she's one giant bib/crumb catch >D 
    My life
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok guys, finally got brave, pulled out baby nail file,tried to file baby's fingernails while he was sleeping like ya'll said. First of all, those fingers are small and so are those fingernails. I gently held his hand, he pulled away in his sleep. I tried to file a few of the sharp ones, not sure I did any good.
  • @disneybaby84 even as a STM I am terrified haha! I finally did DDs the other night. Nail scissors work best for me! 
  • Ok guys, finally got brave, pulled out baby nail file,tried to file baby's fingernails while he was sleeping like ya'll said. First of all, those fingers are small and so are those fingernails. I gently held his hand, he pulled away in his sleep. I tried to file a few of the sharp ones, not sure I did any good.
    Maybe bite them while nursing?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are preemie diapers skinnier at the bottom than newborn?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina we just used our last one last night! But I want to say not by much? Definitely shorter.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @longliveregina do you mean like narrower leg holes?  We haven't been using preemie diapers but have tried a bunch of brands (newborn size) and only honest company and pampers seem narrow enough for our boys and their puny thighs. We've had leaking/blowouts from the bottom of others.