TTC After a Loss

March Waiting to O....

Re: March Waiting to O....

• Note: we BD last night (CD 10) and I was wrong...the tears are coming back. F#$king A. He's willing to BD either Thurs or Fri no matter how much it hurts him but that may be it for this month. I don't know why this is happening, even though this is what I do. It's not an STD, you can't culture anything. It was getting better by abstaining until last night but now I don't know. I think the skin just remains irritated and I can't figure out why. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @amberruka This may be a weird question but...Can he finish easier on his own? Can you do at home insemination? 
  • Loading the player...
  • amberrukaamberruka member
    edited March 2017
    Nah, it seems to be the same with masturbation. I have a ton of leftover nystatin/triamcinolone ointment so we're gonna try treating it as an atypical yeast infx for the next few days....and he's upstairs now in our chilly house with just shorts on 'cause I said he can't wear underwear for a few days ha ha  ;) (he even wears his jeans to bed, weird I know...)
  • @amberruka So frustrating.  So sorry.
  • @amberruka - I'm so sorry that's just tough.
  • @amberruka - so sorry :( 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • SP128SP128 member
    @amberruka. Sorry to hear that it's still happening 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @amberruka. That sucks.  I hope it gets better. Do you use a lubricant? Just wondering if his skin is sensitive to something you are using 
  • Feeling better today ladies although I'm still a bit tired from all the stress but I had a great night sleep.  I decided to cut back on the boards I frequent for my mental sanity and because you ladies are so great this will be the only pregnancy board I visit regularly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29. Glad you are feeling better
  • Well I'm tapping my fingers over here waiting for AF to start. Should've started Sunday. Wish it would hurry up so I could start this IUI process! 
  • Good luck with IUI @Mack2342
  • @Mack2342 - waiting for AF is the worst. Its like adding insult to injury -Im not pg and AF is not here so I can't work on getting pg. Fx it comes soon and you can start IUI process!
  • @TScalei That's exactly how I feel!  It's the worst.  
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Mack2342  I hope AF shows up soon.  Waiting for AF is the worst since you can't work toward anything.  

@vlagrl29  Glad to hear that you are feeling better today.  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @Mack2342 Just the Conceive Plus. We've used this in previous months prior without an issue. 
  • Hmmm I just thought maybe there was something in it that was irritating to him.  But doesn't sound like it if it weren't an issue before 
  • feeling discouraged... husband's life is a mess. his dad is in hospital which means DH is working like crazy (they are business partners) just don't think much unprotected sex is going to happen in next few days. Hoping we still get to take our trip to Vegas this weekend. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Hi all,
    I'm going through a miscarriage right now at 11 weeks (yesterday). The U/S on Saturday showed there was no HB and the baby was measuring 7w+5d. I'm waiting for it to pass naturally...
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Oh, @Starla - so very sorry for your loss. 

~~ married 8.11.07
  • SP128SP128 member
    @ladipale  Oh man.  That stinks.  Are you Oing soon?  Hoping that you hold off until this weekend.  

@Starla  So sorry to hear about your loss.  Take care of yourself.
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @Starla So sorry for your loss. 
  • @ladipale @SP128 @justsuzie Thank you for the kind words.
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Sorry for your loss @Starla
  • AF is seeming lighter than usual.  Usually I have 2 heavy days followed by a light day but this time only 1 day spotting, 1 heavy day, 1 light day.  I'm an however happy that since the CP I barely get any spotting anymore. Use to get 5 days spotting. It was annoying.
  • @Starla So sorry for your loss 
  • *TW*

I go here now. I had a couple of faint positives this time, so I'm upset. Just trying to focus on myself and DS today.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares - I'm sorry and was thinking about you!  You did a blue dye didn't you.  I did to and got a squinter then AF came.  I've been focusing on DD as well.  Her 6th bday is on the 18th.  It helps that i tell myself you need to focus on what is important.  I'll never use blue dye again.  It gave me hope and then I was so let down.
  • I have been making appts for consultations with new OBs.  I have one on the 21st and one on the 27th with 2 different groups at 2 different hospitals.  I'll be picking up my progesterone suppositories today for this cycle 2ww.  I'm only buying 5 at first just in case I have a bad reaction again and I don't want to be out of a lot of money.
  • @vlagrl29 I got positives on blue dyes and squinters on pink dyes. I think I actually prefer the blue dyes because I don't spend hours tweaking photos so DH and GF don't think I'm crazy. I hope you find a good OB! My PCP has a DD about the same age as DS, so she recommended hers. It turns out she's her OB's PCP, too!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • so did your AF come @pandawares ?
  • @vlagrl29 Yep :( I still have nausea, too. It's not fair ugh.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @amberruka I'm late to the party. What's up with your DH? My body holds onto yeast like nobody's business. I breastfed DS until he was just over two years old, and I had thrush for SEVEN AND A HALF MONTHS. I have been dealing with a recurrent yeast infection since October or November. I thought it was the same one that just wouldn't go away, but my last culture was negative. It just keeps coming back, ugh!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares- mine was super shorter this month.  I had 1 day instead of 3 pre af spotting, 2 days flow and minimal spotting today.  usually I have a few extra days after AF spotting.  so weird.
  • @vlagrl29 My cramps seem to be much milder than they were before I had DS. (This is only my fourth AF since having him, not counting lochia.) Other than that, I haven't noticed much of a difference. Last CP, I had no spotting or cramps to warn me. RN, the color is like spotting, but there's a little too much to call it that.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think this is still totally weird to me because my first AF after loss which was early Feb was pretty much like they use to be before CP the only difference was instead of 5 days pre AF spotting it was 3 with very light pre AF spotting and after the flow was over there were a couple more days post AF spotting.  The fact that this AF had no cramping - a few drops of spotting and is already pretty much non existent with no post AF spotting is bizarre to me.  oh well.
    @pandawares
  • amberrukaamberruka member
    edited March 2017
    @Starla I'm so sorry for your loss, I remember you from (stalking) TTGP. Welcome to our little corner, feel free to vent any time. 

@pandawares I have never had a yeast infection so I wasn't sure, but thought the mild steroid in it might help somewhat. It hasn't. We missed FW last month because of this and I O in the next few days and that may be the case here as well....so frustrating! I asked a dermatology PA friend yesterday (don't ask why I didn't before, I have no idea), she said they see a lot of this from contact dermatitis with Neosporin use. Huh. Recommended different steroid cream (one I never prescribe, but what the hell) thin layer, then blow dry and light baby powder twice daily x 2 weeks to "reset" itself. Won't be much help for this FW but the prescription just came in today so we'll give it a go. 
  • @amberruka - at least its something. Maybe you will get lucky even if you just BD once this FW but if not at least you have a plan moving forward!
  • @TScalei thanks-he still says he's willing to Friday regardless of how much it hurts but we all know when the time comes that may be a different story  ;) Good on ya for the timing this month girl! Best of luck!