TTC After a Loss

March Waiting to O....

Another month on the calendar, another month waiting to release an egg...
**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: March Waiting to O....

• SP128SP128 member
    Waiting for the elusive egg is the worst 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Loading the player...
  • Had some EWCM last night so I think I should O in the next day or so..Have been feeling crampy, with sore boobs lately - anyone ever get that before O? If I was in the TWW I would swear that I was KU. The weirdness of the body is so fun!
  • @TScalei YES--noticed that before O the last 4-5 months. Or maybe now because we pay more attention?  ;) GL this cycle!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Well I'm going to say I officially go here.  Had RE appt today and ultrasound was done, not pregnant:(. However I'm starting femara this cycle and will do IUI.  AF should be here this weekend so we will start process soon. Picked up meds and surprisingly insurance picked up most ot it!
  • @Mack2342 - sorry for the end of another cycle but my fingers will be crossed for the medicated IUI cycle!
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • I am here too.  My AF from hell finally tapered out to brown sludge, tmi, sorry. I am hoping to O earlier this month. 
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Mack2342 sorry for the bfn. Fx that the iui is your cycle. 

@justsuzie good to hear af tapered down. Hope you o early too 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Leesa926Leesa926 member
    edited March 2017
    I got my first AF after miscarriage on Wed. It was different than I expected.  Less painful, more watery  (not sure that's the word).  Tonight it is very light.

Think I'm going to start OPK testing early as I don't want to miss it.  Haven't decided on what day yet but I feel the days are longer, I'm so impatient!!  I know our cycles change, what day will you start testing if you are?

Got pregnant first try which was a shock.  Hoping it can happen that way again.

Good luck everyone!!
  • @Mack2342 That goodness for insurance.

@SP128 I think waiting to O is worse than 2ww for me.  

• SP128SP128 member
    @justsuzie  I think you are right on that.  At least in TWW you can go BSC and SS.
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @justsuzie - that's hilarious!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First af after our loss started Wednesday. It wasn't quite what I was expecting either. I had been warned by my doctor and through reading that the first af after a mc is bad. I had a lot more cramps than I've had since before going on bc way back when and they started a few days before af actually started. Bleeding was a bit more than my normal and was 3.5 days long. My normal since getting the Mirena out in May has been 2 days which is insane to me. Before Mirena they were 4 days. Work will start to slow down for me a little more after this week so hopefully I'll get back to posting more. We have a Home Show this weekend so I'm looking at at least a 50 hour week (haven't added it all up yet. I'm also only part time and normally only have 30 hours a week!) 
  • @SeriouslySirius Mine was bad too. Hopefully you're going better now and things get back to normal quickly.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited March 2017
    SeriouslySirius My first AF after loss was very different for me than usual. Pre-CP and before Mirena were 5 day medium flow AFs. After my CP, it was 1.5 days of spotting. Even my CP was only 1 day of spotting. For 3 cycles after the CP, it stayed at 1.5 days of spotting. I told my doctor and I was disappointed in her response being "just be happy you don't have to bleed for multiple days." 

My most recent AF though got up to 2.5 days and was regular flow. So I am hoping my body is starting to get back to normal now.

I wonder how much Mirena f*** my periods though because I was on it for 10 years and had no AF for about 5 of those years. 

Hopefully your cycles get back to normal soon!
  • @SeriouslySirius Mine was horrendous too!  The worst part were the cramps by far.  No fun.  Glad it's over!
  • I think I go here now - I had red spotting tonight so I'm assuming the heavy flow will start tomorrow. I've been crying most the day more than I normally do. I was taking progesterone the last few days so I don't know if it's that or the fact that AFs are much harder on me post loss. We had great timing and tons of CM on my end. Oh well. Then I just realized we only have 1 more cycle to have a 2017 baby and use our insurance plan we bought mainly for pregnancy with a low deductible. I'm just really tired guyz.
  • So sport @vlagrl29 - AFs so much harder post loss- I agree. Be kind to yourself. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • I don't know what is wrong with me.  I woke up middle of night last night for a couple hours thinking about all this crap - I really think I may need a mental break.  Not sure if the P is making me all cray but I woke up this morning and started crying when I saw DD and gave her a huge hug.  Maybe we are only meant to have 1 kid.  Tell me I don't need clomid - I really don't think I do.
  • Im sorry @vlagrl29- getting AF is just hard and it never seems to get easier. Do you think it is a side effect of the progesterone? Ive only just started looking into IUI and Clomid but I really don't want to go on it either. The fact that I am running out of time to have a 2017 baby is scary for me too. I know in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter but time just seems to be flying by and I still don't have my rainbow.
  • I want to think so cause last month I wasn't upset at all when I got  AF @TScalei - in fact it made me realize I really did want another baby.  Someone put the idea in my mind that clomid is the only way to fix my low P and that P supplements won't help.  I can't handle this much more.  I'm about ready to wave my white towel.  I need a vacation bad.  I didn't take any P cream or pills last night so hopefully tomorrow I will be back good as new.  I maybe got 5 hours sleep.  I was hot too.  I don't know whats wrong with me.  I'm supossed to teach 5 kids tonight and I hate cancelling lessons - I rarely do cause it makes me feel so bad but I don't know if I can. 

I also know I need to track whenever I get the suppositories next month but for my sanity I'm only going to track for like 5 days just from CD11-16 or whenever O comes.  I'm feeling very extremely overwhelmed right now.  this little episode has made me realize I could never do IVF.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 hugs lady. This road is def hard and trying to say the least. Hopefully all these emotions are partly due to the p. 

@TScalei I'm seeing an re for a consult. After our second consult with all the testing done I'm going to seriously see if non mediciated iui would be an option for me. 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP18 - I think I am going in for another consult with my RE if I get a BFN this cycle. The thing that makes me pause is that it seems IUI doesn't really increase your chances of a BFP by much each month. But I also don't want to wait much longer and not do anything.
  • @TScalei @vlagrl29 @SP128.  I just saw RE for my options.  My intention was to get a plan but continue trying on my own for another 2 months.  He suggested femara, a shot can't recall name and IUI or timed intercourse.  I left feeling pretty good and decided on my way home that enough was enough. I'm taking meds and doing IUI this cycle.  I'm on 6th cycle since MC and I'm almost 42.  This process is taking its toll on my mental health and I figured this option will give me a better chance. I no longer care how I get pregnant just want to be pregnant with healthy baby

this is such a hard process and we have to. E kind to ourselves.  I'm sure you will figure out what's best for you.  
  • Thanks for the info @Mack2342 - did she say how much it increases your odds each month? Just curious on this. So you could do Fermara plus the trigger shot and just continue to have well timed sex on your own or go in for the IUI? Glad you left feeling well about your decision and I can see where you are coming from even if it just increases your odds a little bit its worth a try.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Mack2342 and @TScalei part of me wanting to do an iui even though it doesn't increase chances Is to feel like I'm doing something. Depending on how quickly the re can get me in for testing and in for a second consult, I may be trying naturally again next cycle at the very least again. 

Im thinking of nonmedicated because medicated iuis count against My 5 lifetime ivf attempts. I figure if it's  a strike against my limit I might as well go aggressive and do ivf. 

***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128 - that's kind of where I am coming from too. I want to at least feel like I am doing something. I know you have to do several cycles of IUI before you start IVF so I don't want to be stating all of this 6 months from now wishing I would have started this earlier. Im definitely at the point where I don't care how I get pg but then part of me is like give it one more cycle this could be your cycle - just keep trying it will happen. But I feel like I have nothing to lose from at least meeting with my RE again and seeing what my options are. Glad I have this forum to talk about it and see what other people have been through and heard.
  • I don't know where I belong. I still haven't gotten my first period post loss; my D&C was over two months ago. I called my doctor and am waiting for a return call. 

I have a pile of obviously negative wondofs, not that I've had any indication of Oing anyway. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • well after talking to DH this morning we figured out it was the stress of tracking this month and knowing I have to track for O every month for P and the stress of taking that pill with side effects that gave me so much anxiety and caused a breakdown.  Maybe some of it had to do with that Progesterone not sure.

Moving forward I'm not going to track meaning no OPKs or temping or charting.  it drove me nuts before I got pregnant with our loss I seriously can't handle it again.  We will base BD off of if we are in the mood or if I notice fertile CM during O week.  I gave up all control after our loss and I can't go back to it as crazy as it sounds.  I just need to wing the next few cycles and give the suppositories a shot.  This kind of stress isn't good on me for getting pregnant and it will actually probably make it harder.

All our fertility tests were fine  - my P was in range just on the low side so I'm hoping the suppositories this cycle won't make me crazy or anything.  I'll know within a day I'm sure.  I'm 36.  I eat right and stay in shape.  I just want to stay in the present moment and enjoy what I do have in life because that makes me happy not all these what ifs.

On the plus side I found a compounding pharmacy close to our house that has the P suppositories for $2.14 a pill!  I'll need 16 each month for 2WW.  That's not in network either.  I'm so relieved to not have to do pre authorization.

CD1 starts for me today.
  • @vlagrl29 - your plan sounds perfect. I don't know your history or story so don't know what to say about low P... but i think it can fluctuate each cycle - is your notoriously low (short LP, etc.?) We are in same position. After 2nd loss, I'm taking a different approach. Last time I was so desperate to get pregnant again, but this time I'm doing other stuff and living and seeing what happens. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @ladipale - well 6 years ago I got pregnant the first month with DD - never had any fertility testing to base any of my numbers that I have now.  Took 6 months to get pregnant with our loss and the month we got pregnant was the most relaxed I had ever been about it.  The thing I've noticed about my last 2 cycles since CP are that my LP is longer before spotting starts.  I have basically 1 day of consistent spotting before the flow started this cycle.  That just down right amazing to me.  No cramping either with my periods anymore.

I also called  a new OB practice today to make a consultation appt for a future vbac and 2nd opinion on my P level and medication for it.
  • @TScalei. So he didn't give me a percentage and I didn't ask when he said he felt like my chances were higher because I have been pregnant twice in an two yr period with one healthy child that's pretty much all I needed to hear lol. And yes he said I could take the drugs and do times intercourse or the IUI.    The drugs were covered by my insurance so the whole process is about $600 each time.  Basically he said the idea was to increase the amount of eggs each cycle so that would increase odds that there is healthy one there. And the IUI he said would be insemination at top of uterus so that it is close to tubes.  My thought is timed BD hasn't worked yet so putting those little swimmers closer to egg might.  

@sp128 As for the IVF, i get yours and @TScalei point. When I discussed this with RE he said he didn't think it was a good idea for me. He said the take home baby rate for someone my age is about 16%.  My DH and I as well as dr thought that was not high enough of a rate to spend that kind of money for us. If that rate was a bit higher for us I would consider 

i was surprised i got I got into this guy so soon.  It only took a month.   I should start new cycle any minute now so we should start this process soon.  
  • @vlagrl29 - i meant to mention that i am also 36 :) and healthy, etc. mostly that I'm 36 too. feel old.... (for TTC purposes)
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • I think this whole process brought up the fact that not only did we loose our lil embryo in Dec but we have to do this all over again and I was feeling defeated.  i probably need a nap too lol.  I'm downright just exhausted from the last 4 days @ladipale
  • SP128SP128 member
    Just wanted to say that You ladies are such a great support for me. There's no one I can talk to irl about this stuff. SO much easier to bounce ideas and feelings around here 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @Vlagrl29 - glad you are on a plan that will make you feel better. Its hard to  balance  trying to get the best timing each month and not going too crazy over it.  I am trying to appreciate what I do have and live in the present more, but its definitely hard and a daily struggle.

@Mack2342 - thank you for the info it really is helpful. I definitely think it will be worth my while to talk to my dr about it and see what she says. Its weird I was able to get pg twice in one year (both mcs) and one time took me 8 months and the second time took me 2 months. Its hard to know what to think but I guess there are no certainties in fertility and you just don't know. Fx for you I really hope this treatment helps you get your rainbow.
  • @TScalei - it is - I was doing really well last month.  I feel like I just with thru a post traumatic stress episode or something lol.  You know that pill actually contracted my uterus and I could feel that on Friday.  felt like being pregnant.
  • @TScalei. No problem.  I will share any more info from process once I start.  I hope we all get our rainbows! 
  • @vlagrl29 I know it's hard to let go but it's good you have a plan. I feel the same way....keep telling myself that aside from (controlled) Graves' I'm still ridiculously healthy for 38. I may not even bring the OPKs on our trip this weekend to NM, even though I should O sometime then. The stress is just exhausting, especially after all this time...
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease