September 2017 Moms
Options

first time mom check in 2/22 (plus second time mom+ questions)

2»

Re: first time mom check in 2/22 (plus second time mom+ questions)

• Options
    @ElleKH I haven't tried them but want to...ive only don't a Boba wrap. Also tried the K'tan but felt it was confining.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @Texafornian - I've never tried either, but I've heard mixed reviews about the Boba in regards to the stretchy material they're made from. Some moms love them and others find the material unsupportive. Several moms in my Sept 2015 swore by their K'tans and recommended them to others interested in babywearing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ElleKH I have two K'tans...one is pretty cool as it's mesh so you can wear it in the pool lol

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    ElleKHElleKH member
    edited February 2017
    @Texafornian - Oooo, that's awesome! What a great idea! And I was thinking, if you want to try out some wraps, see if there is an active babywearing group in your area. Mamas in the woven wrap community tend to be super friendly, very passionate about wraps, and willing to share what they've learned with others. Several groups have wrap lending "libraries," in which you can borrow wraps for a certain period of time to try them out before committing to buying one of your own. So you get to learn how to wrap and experiment with different brands and materials to see which works best for you or, just as importantly, if wraps aren't for you. Let me know how it goes! <3 

ETA that I should probably also include a word of warning: wovens can become extremely addictive and are an expensive habit. ;) 
  • Options

How far along are you? 9 weeks 4 days

What is your due date? September 27th, estimated from date of last period..

Are you having a singleton or multiples? Will find out the day after tomorrow! 

Upcoming appointments this week? Yes, first one ( so excited)

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Horrible constipation, crazy discharge (sorry TMI), fatigued. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Super frustrated that my doctor called out sick for me first appointment originally scheduled for last week, and had to make it for this week, the soonest possible. & I have tried EVERYTHING to help go potty, nothing is working... hopefully doctor has some suggestions.. haha.  

GTKY: Will you be garage sale shopping items for bebe or buying new? Open to both.. Super excited to see if there will only be one in the bun, or two, it could very possibly be two! Runs in both sides of my family.

Questions for Second Time Mom+?
    Not that i can think of right now, of course..

• Options
    @ElleKH I miss living in Los Angeles for all of the resources available...babywearing, stores that cater to breastfeeding supplies, traveling lactation consultants etc. Now I'm in a burb 30 minutes south of Houston so I need to do some digging to find anything! 

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    @Texafornian - Awww, I feel for you. I grew up in the 'burbs. You have to drive everywhere! And now I live in a tiny ass village in the middle of nowhere, so all of my babywearing information comes from the internet. Thank goodness for youtube babywearing tutorials and the ladies who make them!
  • Options
    Hi, another question here! :) 
    was wondering about a white noise machine, or something like that, for baby. We live in an apartment and i was thinking it would help muffle sound... also I heard it can help the baby get to sleep? But I really don't know, hence my question! Thanks :) 
  • Options
    margareth said:
    was wondering about a white noise machine, or something like that, for baby. We live in an apartment and i was thinking it would help muffle sound... also I heard it can help the baby get to sleep? But I really don't know, hence my question! Thanks :) 
    We got a Sleep Sheep and used it with both babiez. I love it.  It helps me go to sleep too (when the baby is sleeping in our room)!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How cute!
  • Options
    Gleaning your expertise as second time moms... what about a baby monitor?  I want to make sure it's effective enough to be heard while outside the building (especially when baby is older and has a more trustworthy sleep pattern and maybe, just maybe, I can have dinner on the roof or at a picnic table outside! :)
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm being annoying (!), but I don't have any close friends with babies yet... Thus, more questions.  Do you think a diaper genie (is that what it's called?) is necessary to dispose of diapers, etc?  I don't want there to be a bad smell in the nursery and I don't want to have to take out the trash all the time, but I'm also wondering if it's a bit over the top to buy a trash just for diapers... Thanks!
  • Options
    @MrsVP614   Essentials for newborns: diapers/wipes/diaper cream, clothes (a few newborn size and a few 0-3 mos size), a swaddle blankets (I love the Aden & Anais ones), burp cloths, white noise machine. a few bottles just in case (or if you plan to go back to work, it's recommended to start introducing a bottle around 1 month for practice.)
    Obviously a carseat and someplace to sleep (crib, pack n play, or bassinet) too!

@margareth - the white noise machine is one of my most recommended purchases. It blocks out noise which is great and it's a soothing sound which helps DD know it's time to sleep. We got this one and it's been great. Has 8 different sounds (4 music, 4 white noise), you can adjust the volume, it projects stars onto the ceiling (which is cute but not necessary), and has an adjustable nightlight which was great when I was still nursing at night so I could see but not so bright that it kept/woke DD up.   
  • Options
    @margareth Instead of a diaper genie you could just use grocery bags. Put all the dirty diapers for the day in there the next take he bag to your normal trash can before bed. The smell really isn't terrible if you keep up with laundry (spoiled milk/spit up smells bad) and take the trash out regularly. 
  • Options
    @margareth - we have a sound machine but have only used it 3 or 4 times in the past year. We tried to create as few crutches for DD as possible so she could still sleep if, for whatever reason, those things were missing. It was pretty easy for us, especially considering she never liked swaddling and can easily sleep in a bright room. 

The only times we have used the sound machine is when we had contractors in our house and she was trying to sleep upstairs while people banged around downstairs. I would suggest maybe getting one but introducing it as necessary, not just blindly from the start. 

As for diaper disposal, we just got a regular, office sized garbage can and take it out a lot. If you are breast feeding, the diapers won't smell very bad until you introduce solids. Once we did that, we got small, scented bags to wrap poop diapers in before putting them in the garbage. 
  • Options
    margareth said:
    We got a Sleep Sheep and used it with both babiez. I love it.  It helps me go to sleep too (when the baby is sleeping in our room)!
    I highly recommend the TRAVEL sleep sheep...we bring it with us on trips! Much more portable :)

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone!  Very helpful!
  • Options
    Also, if anyone feels strongly about a particular baby monitor, please share.
  • Options
    @margareth I don't feel too strongly about my baby monitor, but it has worked well for us and it's too pricey. Link here It's just an audio monitor, but it has been great for travel because it's compact and doesn't rely on internet connection (like some video monitors). I took it on vacation with us and I could sit out by the pool while DD napped inside. The one I linked has 2 parent units (we keep one in our room and one in the living room) but they also sell them for about $20 less with just one unit. 

That said, I'll probably invest in an additional video monitor soon. Especially once DD is in a toddler bed. That way I'll be able to see if she's wandered out of bed. 
  • Options
    Thanks @sparksfly

How about a rain cover for strollers? I'm guessing that's pretty necessary, especially if you live in the city? 
  • Options
    I found the extra stretchiness of the Boba Wrap (also extra softness) to be extra supportive. I could really get a good, snug fit to keep my DD high up, which kept the strain out of my back. I have heard the less stretchy ones require more regular adjusting/tightening. <3 
  • Options
    What a gorgeous photo! The woven hurt my shoulders, but I keep my rainbow Girasol around because I just love looking at it! Will probably turn it into something else one of these days. :smile:
  • Options
    @ElleKH That wrap is beautiful. Wool wraps are amazing.

I would not suggest anyone who hasn't used wraps yet get started with an Oscha. Oscha is a high end brand with many different materials used in there wraps (wool, silk, cotton, linen). They usually require a bit of breaking in and some experience with how to adjust. There is a learning curve with a few materials. 
    If you are new to babywearing or wraps I suggest looking for a local babywearing groups (usually on FB). You can usually try out different brands, lengths and carries this way as well as meet local Mamas (babywearng playdates are the best) . YouTube is a great way to get started as well.

Beginner wraps I would suggest are: Girasol, Little frog, Easy care, and Didymos.
    They are very sturdy, usually cotton and price friendly so you know if babywearing is right for you.

Wraps have and extremely amazing resale value. So buying broken in (used, already soft and moldable) will generally be the same as buying brand new. If you purchase a wrap you can sell it and move up to higher brands.

This is a great site to cover the gist of baby wraps https://modernbabywearing.com/2015/07/21/so-you-want-to-buy-a-woven/ . 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Thanks, @kaylaakosua! I love the advice you left for everyone. We live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, so when I got into babywearing, I didn't have a local babywearing group to turn to, but I wish I had! They're amazing, helpful, and super supportive, so I second your recommendation to look for one of those first. As for wraps, I have to admit that the Oscha was my first because I just couldn't resist. "Go big or go home," right? ;) But you gave some very solid advice about where to start and which wraps to try first. Any future babywearers in this group are lucky to have you!
  • Options
    @ElleKH Thanks !!! Same to you glad to know there is other mamas so in love with babywearing.  I stalked the groups before going to a meeting. Still big groups to talk to are nice 'real life' support. Oschas have been a top favourite, I had a Shui long RS and it was like butter. Really looking forward to my Irish linen grad with this babe too! 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    do STMs have any tips on dealing with anxiety about the pregnancy?  I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I'm nervous that there's still a heartbeat.  I thought I'd get over this after the 12 week NT, but I'm still nervous... :(
  • Options
    margareth said:
    do STMs have any tips on dealing with anxiety about the pregnancy?  I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I'm nervous that there's still a heartbeat.  I thought I'd get over this after the 12 week NT, but I'm still nervous... :(
    Sadly, Nope! I think having a good 12 week scan should give you a lot of peace of mind though...that's a great sign that everything's going to plan.  :)

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Options
    margareth  I hear ya...I have been sorta against getting myself a doppler...but all of a sudden am getting tempted...with the length of time between appointments and my next ultrasound not being for ages now. That might be the way for me to feel a bit more secure...long as I can find the heartbeat. :) 
    Me: 37 DH: 32 TTGP Since 2014 INFERTILITY INFO (Medicated, IUI's, IVF/FET) IN SPOILER
    October 2014-April 2015: Without Medication or Doctor Guidance No Periods/No O BFN 
    Medicated April-December 2015: Clomid (didn't work) and so we tried Femera/Letrozole. Progesterone Met 1000 Not diagnosed PCOS but treating the same. Anovulatory. TI No US No O BFN 

- TW - 
    IUI"S 
    January 2016-October 2016: Letrozole 2.5mg-7.5 mg, Pregyl or Ovideral Trigger Shot.
    9 cycles of IUI
    (7 Cancelled due to no mature follicles) (2 attempted IUI's with mature follicles)  

IUI # 2 June 2016 and July 2016:  Met 1000, Estrogen (21 days), Progesterone (5 days) Femera 5m 6/28/16 Ultrasound CD14 = 25 follie. Pregnyl Trigger CD14 IUI 7/13 1stBeta (DPO 15): 7.6 (Surprise BFP...but Low #'s) 2ndBeta (DPO 17): 18 3rdBeta (DPO 19) 52.8 Progesterone Prescribed (spotting) 4thBeta (DPO 26) 6.9 Chemical Pregnancy BFN

IVF and FET (diagnosed with PCOS) 204 pounds at start of IVF
    IVF # 1 October and November 2016: CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls) 

Fet #1 January 2017: CCRM - Minneapolis bcp/lupron/suppository/p4 in oil QOD AF 12/7, 12/8 start meds. 1/3 lining and blood work check 14/15 mm, BW check 1/6. 1/9 transfer with acupuncture 1 CCS/PGS Normal 5aa hatching Progesterone around 26ish? Lower estrogen level 207 (wanted above 300 but over 200 was acceptable), started 1 estrace, progesterone in oil every other day, vivelle dot patches 4 every other day, 3x estrodiol daily, vitamin cocktail. POAS: - 4dp5dt and 5dp5dt, 6dp5dt frer very very very faint line. 7dp5dt and 8dp5dt + on Accuclear. 8dp5dt pregnant on a clear blue easy digital. 214 pounds at FET
    1/18 #1 Beta 91.1
    1/20 #2 Beta 215.9
    2/3 6 week US 2 sacs? Twins? but only 1 heartbeat/pole good heartbeat Stopped taking baby asprin Added in DHEA Veg Vitamin (also got the report that they transferred a girl 5aa eggo) 
    2/10 7 week US 2 sacs (likely vanishing twin) only 1 heartbeat/pole etc good heartbeat 137
    2/24 9 week US 1 eggo sac good heart beat 182 1 very small fluid sac (shrinking) 
    2/24 9 week 2 days start weening. Graduated from RE (CCRM is now starting weening as soon as 8.5 weeks)
    3/7 10 Weeks 5 days  weened completely of FET meds A1C 5.3% (Normal)
    3/9 11 Weeks 1 day my progesterone level was 15 and my estrogen level was 881 (I freaked out!)
    3/16 12 Weeks 1 day baby heard on doppler 164 HB
    4/14 16 week 2 days Ultrasound baby is looking good with all good numbers sized 17 weeks. Also got to hear her on the doppler for a few mins too. 

5/5 19 Weeks 2 days going in for "20" week anatomy ultrasound got measurements but need to come back as wasn't able to get all the measurements
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 4.6 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (78%) HC 17.0 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (70%) AC 14.5 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (69%) Femur 3.1 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (63%) Humerus 3.1 cm 20 weeks 2 days (84%) Cerebellum 2.0 cm 19 weeks 5 days
    CisternaMagna 6.2 mm Nuchal Fold 4.5 mm
    HC/AC 1.17 FL/AC 0.22 FL/BPD 0.68 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 309 grams - 0 lbs 11 oz
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 19 weeks 5 days +/- 10 days.

6/9 24 Weeks 2 days Glucose Test 1 hour (Failed) 190
    6/16 25 Weeks 2 days Ultrasound and 1st Baby Shower 
    6/20 25 Weeks 6 days Glucose Test 3 Hours (Failed) 95 (95), 183 (180), 213 (155), 198 (140) etc
    6/21 26 Weeks Recommended to a perintologist
    6/22 26 Weeks 1 day start monitoring blood sugar levels 
    6/30 27 Weeks 2 day A1 (blood sugar test ordered)

7/5 28 Weeks Echo and 3d Ultrasound
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 2.6 Q2: 3.2 Q3: 4.8 Q4: 5.6 AFI Total = 16.3 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal 
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 7.2 cm 28 weeks 5 days* (60%) HC 26.4 cm 28 weeks 4 days* (48%) AC 23.3 cm 27 weeks 4 days* (36%) Femur 5.2 cm 28 weeks 0 days* (36%) Humerus 4.8 cm 28 weeks 0 days (49%)
    HC/AC 1.13 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.73 Ceph Index 0.77 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1142 grams - 2 lbs 8 oz (37%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 28 weeks 1 day +/- 14 days.

7/10 28 Weeks 5 days Dietitian Appt and Lactatcian Consultant and A1 blood draw 5.4% (normal) 218.5 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks GD consult. 6 Lantus at 7pm daily. Novolog 1 unit for every 15 gm carbohydrate if consumed more than 30 gm at brkfst or 60 gm at lunch or supper 215.6 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks Transferred care to OB due to high risk. 216 pounds

8/2 32 Weeks Ultrasound (not cooperative and still breech) and then weekly NST's
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.0 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (44%) HC 29.2 cm 31 weeks 6 days* (22%) AC 26.9 cm 31 weeks 0 days* (24%)  Femur 6.3 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (57%) Humerus 5.7 cm 32 weeks 6 days (71%)
    HC/AC 1.08 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.78 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1808 grams - 3 lbs 15 oz (29%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 31 weeks 6 days +/- 18 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.4 Q2: 2.9 Q3: 2.9 Q4: 4.4 AFI Total = 13.6 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/8 32w6d upped to 1:10 for dinner 
    8/11 Baby Shower
    8/13 Baby Shower
    8/16 34 weeks NST good reading Upped to 8 at bed for fasting and 1:7 for dinner 
    8/18 Dr Appt

8/24 35 weeks 1 day (was suppose to be scheduled for 36 weeks) Weeks Ultrasound/GD Dr Appt/OB Appt 
    Frank Breech
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.9 cm 35 weeks 6 days* (67%) HC 31.7 cm 35 weeks 1 day * (35%) AC 30.2 cm 34 weeks 2 days* (33%) Femur 6.9 cm 34 weeks 6 days* (57%) Humerus 6.0 cm 34 weeks 6 days (64%)
    HC/AC 1.05 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.80 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 2494 grams - 5 lbs 8 oz (39%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 35 weeks 1 day +/- 21 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.3 Q2: 3.8 Q3: 2.4 Q4: 3.8 AFI Total = 13.4 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/31 36 Weeks
    9/7 37 Weeks
    9/10 Water broke...I got it tested at the emergency room it it showed it was negative. More water breaking and didn't go to the dr.
    9/11 37 weeks 4 days Called the Dr and got retested for water breaking...
    10:30pmish Baby Girl Born via Emergency C Section (Frank Breech Baby) 6lbs 3oz  -
    9/13 Dropped to 5 pounds 10oz and had jaundice 
    9/13 38 weeks

9/22 39 Weeks 2 days C Section Scheduled for 10am (arrive at 8am) Equinox/Solstice
    EDD 9/27
  • Options
    @BecauseLove Yeah, I don't know if I would be able to find the hb using a doppler, and then that would be more nerve-wracking! 
    However, I may be speaking too soon, but at 14 weeks today and after my appointment I feel a lot more confident about things.  We'll see if that lasts me until Week 16!  If you see a good deal for a doppler and feel confident using it (or know you won't freak out if you don't hear the hb right away due to technology/proper use), then I would say go for it!  I feel like such a wimp because it's not like there's that much time between appointments; I just tend to be anxious in general.
  • Options
    margareth  Yeah I don't have another US between week 9 2 days and maybe if my Family Dr is nice...week 16. So thinking I might need to figure out some way to help keep my sanity. 14 weeks to 16 isn't so bad though. Glad your feeling better after your Dr Appointment. 
    Me: 37 DH: 32 TTGP Since 2014 INFERTILITY INFO (Medicated, IUI's, IVF/FET) IN SPOILER
    October 2014-April 2015: Without Medication or Doctor Guidance No Periods/No O BFN 
    Medicated April-December 2015: Clomid (didn't work) and so we tried Femera/Letrozole. Progesterone Met 1000 Not diagnosed PCOS but treating the same. Anovulatory. TI No US No O BFN 

- TW - 
    IUI"S 
    January 2016-October 2016: Letrozole 2.5mg-7.5 mg, Pregyl or Ovideral Trigger Shot.
    9 cycles of IUI
    (7 Cancelled due to no mature follicles) (2 attempted IUI's with mature follicles)  

IUI # 2 June 2016 and July 2016:  Met 1000, Estrogen (21 days), Progesterone (5 days) Femera 5m 6/28/16 Ultrasound CD14 = 25 follie. Pregnyl Trigger CD14 IUI 7/13 1stBeta (DPO 15): 7.6 (Surprise BFP...but Low #'s) 2ndBeta (DPO 17): 18 3rdBeta (DPO 19) 52.8 Progesterone Prescribed (spotting) 4thBeta (DPO 26) 6.9 Chemical Pregnancy BFN

IVF and FET (diagnosed with PCOS) 204 pounds at start of IVF
    IVF # 1 October and November 2016: CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls) 

Fet #1 January 2017: CCRM - Minneapolis bcp/lupron/suppository/p4 in oil QOD AF 12/7, 12/8 start meds. 1/3 lining and blood work check 14/15 mm, BW check 1/6. 1/9 transfer with acupuncture 1 CCS/PGS Normal 5aa hatching Progesterone around 26ish? Lower estrogen level 207 (wanted above 300 but over 200 was acceptable), started 1 estrace, progesterone in oil every other day, vivelle dot patches 4 every other day, 3x estrodiol daily, vitamin cocktail. POAS: - 4dp5dt and 5dp5dt, 6dp5dt frer very very very faint line. 7dp5dt and 8dp5dt + on Accuclear. 8dp5dt pregnant on a clear blue easy digital. 214 pounds at FET
    1/18 #1 Beta 91.1
    1/20 #2 Beta 215.9
    2/3 6 week US 2 sacs? Twins? but only 1 heartbeat/pole good heartbeat Stopped taking baby asprin Added in DHEA Veg Vitamin (also got the report that they transferred a girl 5aa eggo) 
    2/10 7 week US 2 sacs (likely vanishing twin) only 1 heartbeat/pole etc good heartbeat 137
    2/24 9 week US 1 eggo sac good heart beat 182 1 very small fluid sac (shrinking) 
    2/24 9 week 2 days start weening. Graduated from RE (CCRM is now starting weening as soon as 8.5 weeks)
    3/7 10 Weeks 5 days  weened completely of FET meds A1C 5.3% (Normal)
    3/9 11 Weeks 1 day my progesterone level was 15 and my estrogen level was 881 (I freaked out!)
    3/16 12 Weeks 1 day baby heard on doppler 164 HB
    4/14 16 week 2 days Ultrasound baby is looking good with all good numbers sized 17 weeks. Also got to hear her on the doppler for a few mins too. 

5/5 19 Weeks 2 days going in for "20" week anatomy ultrasound got measurements but need to come back as wasn't able to get all the measurements
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 4.6 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (78%) HC 17.0 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (70%) AC 14.5 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (69%) Femur 3.1 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (63%) Humerus 3.1 cm 20 weeks 2 days (84%) Cerebellum 2.0 cm 19 weeks 5 days
    CisternaMagna 6.2 mm Nuchal Fold 4.5 mm
    HC/AC 1.17 FL/AC 0.22 FL/BPD 0.68 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 309 grams - 0 lbs 11 oz
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 19 weeks 5 days +/- 10 days.

6/9 24 Weeks 2 days Glucose Test 1 hour (Failed) 190
    6/16 25 Weeks 2 days Ultrasound and 1st Baby Shower 
    6/20 25 Weeks 6 days Glucose Test 3 Hours (Failed) 95 (95), 183 (180), 213 (155), 198 (140) etc
    6/21 26 Weeks Recommended to a perintologist
    6/22 26 Weeks 1 day start monitoring blood sugar levels 
    6/30 27 Weeks 2 day A1 (blood sugar test ordered)

7/5 28 Weeks Echo and 3d Ultrasound
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 2.6 Q2: 3.2 Q3: 4.8 Q4: 5.6 AFI Total = 16.3 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal 
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 7.2 cm 28 weeks 5 days* (60%) HC 26.4 cm 28 weeks 4 days* (48%) AC 23.3 cm 27 weeks 4 days* (36%) Femur 5.2 cm 28 weeks 0 days* (36%) Humerus 4.8 cm 28 weeks 0 days (49%)
    HC/AC 1.13 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.73 Ceph Index 0.77 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1142 grams - 2 lbs 8 oz (37%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 28 weeks 1 day +/- 14 days.

7/10 28 Weeks 5 days Dietitian Appt and Lactatcian Consultant and A1 blood draw 5.4% (normal) 218.5 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks GD consult. 6 Lantus at 7pm daily. Novolog 1 unit for every 15 gm carbohydrate if consumed more than 30 gm at brkfst or 60 gm at lunch or supper 215.6 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks Transferred care to OB due to high risk. 216 pounds

8/2 32 Weeks Ultrasound (not cooperative and still breech) and then weekly NST's
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.0 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (44%) HC 29.2 cm 31 weeks 6 days* (22%) AC 26.9 cm 31 weeks 0 days* (24%)  Femur 6.3 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (57%) Humerus 5.7 cm 32 weeks 6 days (71%)
    HC/AC 1.08 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.78 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1808 grams - 3 lbs 15 oz (29%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 31 weeks 6 days +/- 18 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.4 Q2: 2.9 Q3: 2.9 Q4: 4.4 AFI Total = 13.6 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/8 32w6d upped to 1:10 for dinner 
    8/11 Baby Shower
    8/13 Baby Shower
    8/16 34 weeks NST good reading Upped to 8 at bed for fasting and 1:7 for dinner 
    8/18 Dr Appt

8/24 35 weeks 1 day (was suppose to be scheduled for 36 weeks) Weeks Ultrasound/GD Dr Appt/OB Appt 
    Frank Breech
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.9 cm 35 weeks 6 days* (67%) HC 31.7 cm 35 weeks 1 day * (35%) AC 30.2 cm 34 weeks 2 days* (33%) Femur 6.9 cm 34 weeks 6 days* (57%) Humerus 6.0 cm 34 weeks 6 days (64%)
    HC/AC 1.05 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.80 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 2494 grams - 5 lbs 8 oz (39%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 35 weeks 1 day +/- 21 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.3 Q2: 3.8 Q3: 2.4 Q4: 3.8 AFI Total = 13.4 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/31 36 Weeks
    9/7 37 Weeks
    9/10 Water broke...I got it tested at the emergency room it it showed it was negative. More water breaking and didn't go to the dr.
    9/11 37 weeks 4 days Called the Dr and got retested for water breaking...
    10:30pmish Baby Girl Born via Emergency C Section (Frank Breech Baby) 6lbs 3oz  -
    9/13 Dropped to 5 pounds 10oz and had jaundice 
    9/13 38 weeks

9/22 39 Weeks 2 days C Section Scheduled for 10am (arrive at 8am) Equinox/Solstice
    EDD 9/27
  • Options
    Sorry if you have already discussed this, but how about The Baby K'tan infant carrier?  Lucie's List seems to recommend it.
  • Options
    margareth said:
    Sorry if you have already discussed this, but how about The Baby K'tan infant carrier?  Lucie's List seems to recommend it.
    I looked at those, they seem like an easy way to start! 
    Pregnancy Ticker