June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 3/4

Woohoo another week down!  Can't believe it is already March...we are going to be holding newborns before we know it!  What's everyone have going on this lovely weekend?
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekend Chatter 3/4

• Options
    We have a full weekend this weekend and next weekend which is fun, but also exhausting.  We have teeball opening day this morning (my daughters first game!) and I can't wait to see both kids in their uniforms.  My mom is coming by at some point today to start transitioning my daughters room into the shared room for the older two.  I also have to find time to go to the UPS store and go shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding next weekend.  

Tomorrow we have a birthday party about an hour away from us right smack in the middle of the day so that will be most of our day gone.  I have to figure out when to grocery shop and do laundry at some point too.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    It's snowing today without warning.  WTH? I know it's only March but with recent warm temps I was over winter.  No real plans this weekend except maybe work on clearing out the baby's room.  I organized the basement last week to make room for the hoard of kids clothes filling the baby's room.  I really need to hang up all my newborn and 3 month baby stuff to remind myself that baby girl #3 does NOT need a new wardrobe.  My husband leaves tomorrow for Tucsan.  :disappointed:

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was supposed to bring DD on a college visit today, but I am sick AGAIN. This is getting silly. Two weeks ago all of us had the stomach bug, I was in the hospital earlier this week for the kick and now I have some sort of cold-flu thing. At least I don't work until Monday. Sorry about complaining, but I'm so over it. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    edited March 2017
    Procrastinating from working on a project for my grad class.
  • Options
    It's DH's bday today. He wants to go to a concert/dance, but is worried about my belly safety in that sort of setting (no seats, general admission, people dancing and drinking everywhere). He wants me to make the call but I keep telling him it's his decision. We'll see what happens. We went to see a band at a bar last night and I did feel a little vulnerable with everyone drinking and dancing around. It wasn't even crowded at all.
  • Options
    Still sick here - thankfully DD is doing fine since her 3rd birthday party is this afternoon. Still need to pick up a few last things, and hope that she has fun. She's been talking about her party for weeks and checking that all of her little friends are coming. Wish me luck!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    Overslept for my 10k this morning. So glad I did that this weekend and NOT last weekend. I only paid $5 for this race so not a huge loss. 

My husband is picking up the paint colors for the kid's room and we'll hopefully be doing that today. 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I had an appointment yesterday and got a pelvic exam to look and see if anything is wrong.   My bleeding seems to have mostly gone away.  They couldn't find any particular reason for it.  I did also learn I have a fibroid which I've never known about and wonder why it hasn't been picked up before on one of the many ultrasounds I've had this pregnancy.   I don't know anything about fibroids.  The midwife did say the fibroid could be causing extra pressure and maybe that's just really irritating my body.  Who knows.  I hate not really having a definitive answer for the bleeding though.   
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 how large is the fibroid? I have fibroid problems and they grow like crazy during the first half of pregnancy. With my first at 12 weeks there were none visible and at 15w I had 3 large ones. They grow with stress, hormone changes, and certain diets. Cutting out estrogenic foods like soy and dairy can help. By now it probably won't grow much more. They really don't cause much problems unless your placenta is on it. And after birth they might pay extra attention to how your uterus is clamping down. 
    Also after the baby comes breastfeeding can help shrink it back because it's the opposite effect as pregnancy hormones. 
    This is just from my experience. 

We we have errands, hopefully I'll get into the eye dr today because I need new glasses so bad, and dh is getting his blood draw to find out if he is rh-. Hopefully he is so I can skip the rhogam. And now that we have all our necessary baby purchases out of the way I can use my spending money to buy some cute outfits for our boy! 
  • Options
    @Kylieslip24 I honestly don't know how large this fibroid is.  I suppose I can ask at my next appointment.  As far as I know I've never had one so I wonder if this pregnancy gave me one?  If that's even possible.  

My MIL's life celebration is today.  I may or may not be going to that.  The hubs and I had a major blowout last night and he informed me I've not been supportive at all and the other spouses have been pretty much shitting rainbows and unicorns and how dare I expect him to think about anything other than his dead mother right now.  He said last night he doesn't know that he wants me there.  So we'll see.  I didn't really have much of a relationship with her other than that she treated me like an incubator for this baby.  I hadn't seen her since mothers day last year.... that's how long its been and she lived 20 minutes away from us.  I'm ready for all this to pass.  We also lost the house we loved because my husband just went off the grid and refused to talk to the realtor.  Ugh what a week.  I hope all of you have awesome weekends though.  
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 I haven't had personal experience with this but my friend had one when she was pregnant last year.  The fibroid was blocking her cervix, so she had to have a c-section because there was no way the baby would have been able to make its way around the fibroid.  Not to give a less than pleasant story, but something to keep an eye on and ask the dr about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's my husband's birthday today so we are preparing to have a bunch of people over tonight. Tomorrow we have to go over some income tax stuff in the afternoon to prep for an appointment on Monday, but then in the evening we get to go see The Book of Mormon which we've had tickets for since last July! 
  • Options
    Trying to find a dress for a wedding where I will be 28 weeks pregnant is proving to be very unsuccessful.  Why does nobody carry maternity?
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    @FSUNole31 this has been driving me crazy.  Every pregnant woman is shaped differently.  I need to try that ish on before I buy it!  Bathing suits too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Finally feeling back to human after the stomach flu so getting the house picked up and sterilized today.  And mountains of laundry.  We were supposed to celebrate MIls bday today but we canceled since I was sick.  

Dh put together a trampoline for the kids and they love it.  
  • Options
    Just finished visiting with a good friend from college that I haven't seen in several years.  She moved back from CA a few years ago and this is the first time we managed to get together.  It was amazing to see her, I've missed her so much!

DH has his first triathlon tomorrow so I'm excited to cheer him on for that!  Otherwise, we leave for LA in a few weeks!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    @Wearmi1 I have three large fibroids that I knew about before getting pregnant. More important than size is location (at least in my experience). My biggest fibroid is in my fundus so even though it's huge (about cantaloupe size) it won't necessarily impact delivery because it's at the top of the uterus. However, I have two in the lower segment of my uterus that are now partially blocking my cervix because of how much they grew at the beginning so I'm in limbo waiting to see if they move to determine what kind of delivery I can have. As was already said fibroids can grow very rapidly due to the hormones so it's possible it was too small to be detected before. If yours just became large enough to be detected it's not likely it will cause you problems going forward but of course you can ask more at your next appointment. I wouldn't give it too much thought (although I'm sure it's like seriously?! One more thing?!). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 I'm really sorry about the MIL/H situation you're dealing with. It's been a rough week for you both - hang in there!!!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    I have been cleaning most of the day. The crib gets delivered today! So once that gets here we are going to tackle that. Tomorrow we might head out and try to find me and the girls new swimsuits. We all need new ones and we have already had days in the high 80's. Not a very exciting weekend here.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 all the sympathy feels.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    @Wearmi1. So sorry that you're going through all of this and having trouble with your husband and the loss of his mother at the same time. You will know what is best for you and your family when the celebration of life is concerned. 
  • Options
    Huge hugs @Wearmi1, I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    Thinking of you @Wearmi1.  Your whole situation just sounds so tough.  Lots of love coming your way.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    Love it, @FSUNole31
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    edited March 2017
    @Wearmi1 I am so sorry for the stress you've been dealing with this week.  It will get better. 

@FSUNole31 Love the dress. I agree...it is so difficult to shop for maternity clothes in person. I have a bachelorette party next weekend  and normally I love shopping before vacations, but it was a frustrating day. I did find a few things though. 

I had a hair appt today and did some shopping and errands for my best friend's bachelorette weekend that I leave for on Thursday.  I am very excited to see her, but I'd be lying if I said I was excited about the actual bachelorette party situation. I hate that I can't enjoy wine tasting and just drinking in general. Luckily one of the other girls is pregnant so we plan on sharing a room. I am going to try my hardest to make the best of it and not be the lame pregnant friend haha. 

• Options
    Thinking about you @Wearmi1 and hope next week is better for you. You've dealt with more than your share of stress inducing things :(

I'm in Taos for a long adults weekend with DH, his cousin, and her husband. They're skiing and I'm hanging at the lodge watching the skiers and relaxing.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 -- I'm so sorry that you've had to go through all of this between the bleeding and DH/your MIL passing away. I have no good advice, but just wanted to let you know that you're incredibly strong to have been dealing with all of this on your own while DH has been mourning.  I hope he comes around soon.
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 Love!
    @Wearmi1 Hugs, hang in there. 
  • Options
    awillis13 said:
    @Wearmi1 I haven't had personal experience with this but my friend had one when she was pregnant last year.  The fibroid was blocking her cervix, so she had to have a c-section because there was no way the baby would have been able to make its way around the fibroid.  Not to give a less than pleasant story, but something to keep an eye on and ask the dr about.
    Oh yes, I forgot about this possibility too. They warned me about this with dd and luckily the one close to my cervix stayed small. 
    I agree if your just able to detect it it's probably not going to cause any problems. They are also extremely common the older you get. By menopause pretty much everyone has a few. Then they clear up. My Drs were all worried with my first because I had 3 large ones and I was only 23, but I know it's way common with moms in the 30s and 40s. 
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 How was Tee Ball opening day? This is my son's first year and opening day here isn't until 4/22. I am excited for him and the chance to meet and get to know other parents! 
  • Options
    @tmrussell it was fun, but exhausting.  They had team and individual pictures before the game and giant bounce houses which were cool but annoying because that's all they wanted to do.  Once they get a tad older I think it will be even more fun for them.  They did seem to enjoy playing the game and for 3/4 year olds they did great!  I hope your son has a blast!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    @Wearmi1 I'm so sorry that you've had such a horrible week. I wish I had some advice to offer you. Sending creepy internet hugs your way- hopefully next week will be much better! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    DH left today for a weeklong ski trip with his dad, our master bath remodel begins Monday, and my three year old and I are both getting sniffly.  UGH. Ready for it to be next weekend already!
  • Options
    I'm on my "baby moon" right now. We decided to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Florida for a few days. I've had a great couple days, but it has been more exhausting than I anticipated. We haven't had much time to ourselves and the whole day is already planned for tomorrow. The weather has been great though! I'm glad I took Monday off work. I have to get up early for my glucose test, but hopefully I'll be able to take a nap Monday afternoon.