June 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter 3/4

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter 3/4

• Ahutch428 said:
    We are in Nashville for a quick weekend babymoon. It's not even 11, and we are back st the hotel in our PJs lol. 
    Downtown is overrated anyhow lol... but you picked a good weekend to visit! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I had to work all day today... tomorrow my sister, BIL, and the kiddos are coming over for a few hours, and we are going to have dinner with our neighbors. Kind of excited to just relax! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @FSUNole31 That dress is really cute and looks great on you. Where did you find it?

@Wearmi1 I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. It must feel like you can't catch a break. Try to cut your husband some slack, I'm sure he's not thinking rationally right now, though I know how hard that is with the hormones and emotions of pregnancy and everything you personally are going through. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you guys soon. 
  • @mamaelle27 in the teeny tiny maternity section I found in Macys.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Cruel and unusual punishment: the stomach bug at 28 weeks pregnant. I was up until 2 am nauseous and then throwing up on and off from 2-9am. This is super gross but every time I throw up, I also pee my pants...super glamorous.

I have an evaluation meeting, 2 IEP meetings and a transition meeting scheduled for tomorrow that I'll likely need to cancel, too.
  • Went to craft show and shopping with my mom and her friend yesterday. Finally have nursery curtains.  Now sitting here postponing cleaning the bathrooms. Heart was racing from coffee this weekend, which kind of surprises me. Dumped half down drain yesterday and same today.
    SIL and neice coming over later for dinner. I'm making chicken parm.
     Next weekend is my birthday and we're going out to dinner Sunday, but I kind of want to do something Saturday with hubby, not sure what though. I'm feeling like I want to do stuff before baby comes, yet I don't want to do stuff either. Kind of feeling the blahhhhs I felt the first trimester. Maybe once the weather actually gets warm I'll be in a better mood.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm at my alma mater with my husband, watching him compete in his first triathlon.  After this I'm taking him to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch!  Greek food for the win!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• jennas312jennas312 member
    edited March 2017
    FSUNole31 said:no
    Trying to find a dress for a wedding where I will be 28 weeks pregnant is proving to be very unsuccessful.  Why does nobody carry maternity?
    Barely anyone does! Loft and old navy sell flowy like dresses. I find that the best bet is going to actually maternity stores. However, they might not be as formal as you would like. Anymore I see so many sundresses at weddings. I remember my own spring wedding a lot of people wore sundresses.
    NEVERMIND,  I see your other post haha. That dress is perfect for a wedding! I have a similar one I wore before preggers.
    Luckily, we only had one wedding this year tbat I had to attend pregnant and I wore it then too.

@Wearmi1 Sorry to hear about the troubles. Not sure when she passed, but I'm sure that your husband is feeling the stress over it. Maybe even guilt if he didn't see her that much.
    Hope things get better soon! My MiL stresses out my hubby, but I know he still has a strong connection to her. He sees her a couple times a month maybe. She doesn't make much effort to come here, which is annoying since they live only about 20 min away too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have four weddings to attend ranging from when I'll be 29-33 weeks pregnant, pretty much back to back weekends with one weekend off in there somewhere. :s  None of the weddings have overlapping circles of friends so I'm honestly just going to buy one dress and alternate it with one I already have that works. I'm looking forward to all my friends (and my mom!) getting married but this is by far the busiest wedding season I've ever been a part of. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm apparently starting to "nest," today I made coffee, cleaned my room and the living room, did my first load of laundry in the new washer, and cleaned a trash can and the toaster all before 9 am! My dad said he's been waiting for this because I'm usually pretty messy but it's kinda sad because I don't have anyone to nest for haha. Also my bf had a gig playing with his band last night. I didn't get to go because so many people smoke there's no escape, which sucks because I love seeing him jumping around, he gets so excited and I wish I could support him more.
    On the bright side it went really well and he had a great time! The school band's spring concert is coming up and I'll definitely be going to that, plus we're going swimming in a couple weeks during spring break and I'm super pumped. I haven't swam (swum? swimmed??) in going on four years now, which is just wrong. Oh, and on Friday I finally got some maternity pants that fit! There's something about wearing well fitting clothes that makes everything a little happier. 
  • We went out to dinner last night with some friends that we haven't seen in months! They used to live across the hall so we used to see them at least once a week, if not more. So it was very sad when they moved to a house :( Plus we went to a Mexican restaurant! I just ate the leftovers and want MORE. Today I'm finishing laundry and cleaning. While continuing my Gossip Girl marathon. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @fsunole31 and others...if you have an event you need a maternity dress for, Stitch Fix is really good I've found.  I don't care for the quality of their nonmaternity items but I had great luck both pregnancies with dresses for work and events with them.  The dresses I wore to both my showers last time were from there.  I asked only for work appropriate stuff this time but two of the dresses I got would also work for events.  Highly recommend.
  • @BellaO21 We took an Uber down to broadway last night only to go to the candy store, get some chocolate and then Ubered right back to the hotel. I had no idea it gets so crazy in Nashville! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've gotten 2 dresses from motherhood maternity in the last 2 weeks for less than 100 bucks for both.  
  • @Ahutch428 go to Mikes ice cream before you head back home! Downtown Nashville is always crazy... I isn't even attempt it on the weekends anymore lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • For your entertainment - Everyone's favourite crazy made famous by UO Thursday is back in July.  Intro thread and then weekend randoms.
  • abmommy15 said:
    For your entertainment - Everyone's favourite crazy made famous by UO Thursday is back in July.  Intro thread and then weekend randoms.
    It's painfully obvious it's her. Good detective work everyone.