November 2017 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating 03/02

av2323av2323 member
edited March 2017 in November 2017 Moms
I didn't see this thread going yet so thought I would start it.

I'm having bbq nachos.  They are dreamy  <3

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 03/02

• Options
    Pineapple and Apples :D Honeycrisp apples... so good.  I can't get enough, but now i am getting canker sores from all the acidity!
  • Options
    @wenninger2016  Honeycrisp are my favs!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm at a hotel eating tortilla chips with 3 kinds of dips!
  • Options
    Wheat thins the sun dried tomato & basil kind, yum!
  • Options
    Ice cream sandwich!
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow  You are doing it right!
  • Options
    Jalapeno Kettle Chips... Like my life depends on it. 
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • Options
    Tonight we are having Samosa Pie because I'm too lazy to make individual samosas and brussels sprouts seasoned with onion soup mix because that's the only way I like them, lol.  I'm also having a vega one protein shake because I was feeling dizzy.  The kids are having leftover mac&cheese, mixed veggies, and applesauce.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just had a realllllllly good burger but the fries were mediocre, pfff
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    all the snacks... :)
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Options
    DH made us burgers for dinner and I added some veggies to the side with mine. It was delicious. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kschref tell me about these Brussel sprouts!
  • Options
    av2323 said:
    I basically get 2 bags of Brussels sprouts and cut each sprout in half.  Then I put just a little bit of oil in a pan and start to saute them.  After they start to get going, I take a package of dry Lipton's Onion Soup and sprinkle it over them, add just enough water(maybe 1 cup?) to get it wet and mixed up and then I put a lid on it and let them go on a low-medium heat until most of the liquid is absorbed.  There's no real recipe - just something my MIL made up, but I love it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had balsamic pot roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot all day and had totally forgot about it during my grueling evening at Girl Scouts (thank you pregnancy brain!) so when I got home it was like freakin Christmas!

Mommy to four +1, EDD November 9th!

Come visit my new blog @ sixpickhappy.wordpress.com!

• Options
    Sweet mayo cheese pringles, chicken, cheese, orange juice
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Today oatmeal and salad:/ what I really want is a bunch of girl scout cookies 
  • Options
    I ate a brownie for breakfast. And then a banana, a bagel, and salad for lunch 
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really craving a spicy Italian sandwich from subway, but I'm trying not to give in because I know you're not supposed to eat deli meat. Gah
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I ate jimmy johns and potbellys often last pregnancy. This is going to sound doom and gloom but Listeria is everywhere so when it come to deli meat and sushi and whatnot, I think the "newer" rule of thumb is use good judgement and eat at places you trust. 

Eta - I'm not a doctor obviously so only do what you are comfortable with. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    @flowerpower5838 I agree! And most cases of listeria you hear about is from produce. I ate so many jimmy johns sandwiches during both my pregnancies. But it's all about what you're comfortable with.
  • Options
    I mostly hear about listeria in bagged lettuce and spinach or peanut butter. I have heard about watching for nitrates in deli meat but I feel like that's just a don't eat deli meat for every meal kind of thing. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Making a barley/carrot pilaf today for dinner. I have been told by my 3 year old that 'pilaf' is a crazy word. Translation, he's probably not going to eat any.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My H is making filet mignon for me, my mom, and my bff tonight. I'm making twice baked potatoes to go with it. I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Grapes, strawberries, oranges. Pretty much any kind of fruit. I made some chocolate covered strawberries today. They were to die for!! 
  • Options
    Baked potato with butter, sour cream, chili and cheese… I'm going to regret this later!!!
  • Options
    I'm making bacon burgers for dinner. I've been craving one for the last 3 days!
  • Options
    Homemade vegan pizza!

• Options
    I made spice cake for DHs bday today. Want all the cake!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having turkey and stuffing! I roasted a turkey we'd had in our freezer since November. It took an entire week to thaw!!! I'm also having veggies bc veggies are important too blah blah
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kschref said:
    av2323 said:
    I basically get 2 bags of Brussels sprouts and cut each sprout in half.  Then I put just a little bit of oil in a pan and start to saute them.  After they start to get going, I take a package of dry Lipton's Onion Soup and sprinkle it over them, add just enough water(maybe 1 cup?) to get it wet and mixed up and then I put a lid on it and let them go on a low-medium heat until most of the liquid is absorbed.  There's no real recipe - just something my MIL made up, but I love it.
    I made these tonight and they were awesome!
  • Options
    Mashed potatoes. Specifically the mashed potatoes from Popeyes. I craved them with DS, and apparently they still hit the spot.
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options

I did some meal prepping yesterday so I am pretty set until we leave town Thursday night! I am really going to try and do better with my eating habits this pregnancy. I gained way too much last time and I am still holing on to 20 pounds of that weight.

Breakfasts - overnight oats and/or smoothies all prepped

Lunch - ground turkey with taco seasoning, fajita veggies, faro and salad to mix all together and also some turkey/sweet potato/spinach patties

Dinner - I have shrimp thawing for a zoodle pasta that I'll have tonight and tomorrow that's all ready to get thrown in a wok, Wednesday and Thursday we'll have a roast and side salad that I made yesterday in the crockpot.

Snacks - hardboiled eggs and apples for snacks!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    I'm also having veggies bc veggies are important too blah blah
    @Tourmalily can we be besties?!?!?!  :D:D:D:D
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Trying to eat more veggies. Eating a lot of pasta (gimme alllll the lasagna).
  • Options
    I was suddenly craving macaroni and cheese pizza even though I've never had it. Just found a restaurant here that makes it which is surprising since we're in Korea. Guess I know where I'm going this weekend. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @av2323 - just saw you tried the Brussels sprouts. Glad they were a hit!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @tlq0726 we can start a club! the veggies are super important club!
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Today I have a hunger than cannot be fulfilled. I had a pot pie for dinner, then oreos and milk, and now I just had a salad. Really wish I had chips. I guess it's good I don't. But I'm still hungry!

• Options
    I was just hit by a crazy craving for French toast. I'm hardly immune to cravings. They happen fairly regularly. But for things I eat regularly, like chocolate or Honey Nut Cheerios. But I never eat French toast?? WHY

@DuchessOfCambridge like you, I'm super hungry today too. Off to find yet another snack, one that will hopefully distract me from French toast