April 2017 Moms

Appointments 2.20-2.24

2»

Re: Appointments 2.20-2.24

• Mine mostly don't hurt, just belly is hard like a rock sometimes for over ten min. Sometimes they feel like period cramps down low.

thry said if they start to feel like real labor contractions I need to call my dr. So far nothing has felt at all like real labor.

i don't like to be checked ever but it seemed to make sense in this situation. Since I'm closed still they said they feel confident if make it to a minimum of 34 wks at which point they don't stop labor. And with my history of going within a few days of my edd twice before they don't feel particularly worried. But if it starts to hurt they want me to come back. They moved me to weekly appts already.

Are yours feeling like true labor? Are they regular?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I had a bi-weekly appt yesterday, and all is well, except they seemed a bit concerned my BP was too low. 98/60. I have a history of low BP anyway, but the OB asked if I had anything to eat. (appt was at 11- so yeah, I had been eating pretty much all day). She said she wanted to monitor it from now on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MWoodside, I have been having the same trouble with BHs. Tuesday they felt constant almost all day, Wednesday and yesterday not as bad but I am under strict instructions from my OB (and DH! :) ) to pay close attention and if I get 5 a hour I need to go get monitored. She also went ahead and checked me at my appointment Wednesday and I was good so that was a relief. Mine haven't felt like real contractions at all, just very tight/hard stomach and some pain below my belly kind of like you were stating. Last night even laying down was uncomfortable though. I wonder if mine could be irritable uterus? I need to be mindful of taking it extra easy though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MWoodside Mine don't feel exactly like true labor, but they hurt as much as true labor contractions some times. They are usually not regular, but I have had a few instances where they have seemed to be about 10 minutes apart for an hour or so. After I chug a ton of water and put my feet up they slow down and then go away. I haven't been checked because I also don't usually choose to be checked excessively. My next appointment is at 34 weeks though and if I keep getting rounds of timetable contractions I might ask to be checked just for peace of mind. If I am still closed up I won't have to worry myself about going before term. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rachelmiller03 what's considered low? I was 104/60 at my last appointment and the OB said that was "excellent." I've seriously never even paid attention before until joining his board, lol. 
  • @momtoleo I'm still on monthly appts too. I had my last appt at 28+5 and won't have another one until 32+5. I'm not sure if I'll go to twice a month after that. As long as everything is going smoothly, which it has (knock on wood), I guess there is no need for more appointments...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @momtoleo my doctor told me I might be on monthly until 32 and then come back at 34. Though when I went in at 28 they scheduled me for 30 anyway, so they didn't end up doing that. But the impression I got was that it depends on the doctor, and if you're doing fine, they might hold off on the bi-monthly. 
  • @kitkat8387 I started taking magnesium on Tuesday, mostly for my unbearable restless leg. I have not noticed it helping my BH at all, but it has definitely helped with muscle cramps and RLS. I started with one pill and went to two today. My midwife said to give one pill a try for a few days to see if it would give me diarrhea, which is a common side effect. My poop is no worse than normal, so I went up to two pills today to see if that would help my BH. We will see if it does. I started getting them at 12 weeks this time, which is just way to early IMO. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsstuessy I'm glad it's at least helping your RLS! Hopefully the 2 pills will help your BH. I'm sorry you've been dealing with this since 12 weeks - that is WAY too long. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Dannylion24 usually my BP is anywhere between 90/60 and 75/50, not pregnant. Every doctor I have every been to mentions my low BP, and asks me if I'm feeling OK. I had one doctor refuse to let me leave the office until it went up! I kept trying to tell him that was normal for me. 
  • Oh jeeez @rachelmiller03 that sounds really annoying to deal with. My sister has a much lower than average heartrate and ends up with the same issues all the time whenever she has to see someone new. What a PITA! 
  • @mrsstuessy what's the MG of the tablets you are taking? 
  • I've noticed that when I take epsom salt baths my BH tend to calm down for a few days. Not sure if there's a correlation or not, but it was recommended by my chiropractor to help with the pelvic pain I had a few weeks ago, and I noticed the change shortly after. I've been having more the past few days, but I haven't taken a bath in a while (I'm showering!! :P) so I'm going to try another soak this weekend to see if it helps. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @momtoleo I'm on 4 week appts until 36 weeks
  • @Dannylion24 They are 250MG tablets. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kitkat8387, no I haven't bc it can lead to loose stools and I don't want to deal with that. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @kitkat8387  I have been taking it since 25 weeks on the advice of my friend who has 4 kids, including triplets.  She said with the triplets she was actually taking 1000mg a day up to 36 weeks.  I am now taking 500mg and they do help.  In some countries doctors actually prescribe it, not sure why some doctors say otherwise.  Can't hurt for sure!
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • I had a bi-weekly appt yesterday, and all is well, except they seemed a bit concerned my BP was too low. 98/60. I have a history of low BP anyway, but the OB asked if I had anything to eat. (appt was at 11- so yeah, I had been eating pretty much all day). She said she wanted to monitor it from now on. 

I'm stuck in the box!  This is me too though.  Mine was 88/56 at my last appointment.  When I tell them it's typical for me, I've never had a problem though.  It's funny how different providers respond to different things.  For me, it's reassuring because I get crazy intense headaches in pregnancy with some blurry vision.  If you google, the automatic concern is pre-e, but with this kind of BP, that's not much of a worry!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17