Baby Names

Boy names

Trying to decide between these boy names. I like uncommon but not crazy. Let me know what you think!

Sullivan (Sully) Tate

Bowen (Bowie) Alexander

Sawyer Alexander

Re: Boy names

• If you want uncommon toss Sawyer. That said surnames in general aren't uncommon but in fact very trendy. I much prefer Sullivan to Bowen but I really dislike Tate all I see and hear is Taint.

• Sullivan is the clear winner here. 

But I'd look for a new middle.  All I can see is "sullied taint"
  • Loading the player...
  • Sullivan or Sawyer

Suggesting Beau Alexander 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I strongly dislike Bowen. Sullivan is my favorite, but I would prefer Sullivan Alexander to Sullivan Tate.

• LOVE Sullivan!!! Suggesting Sullivan Wade since Tate has gotten some pushback here. 
  • Sawyer Alexander.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • I like Sullivan and Sawyer much more than Bowen. I would choose Sawyer, but Sullivan is more original/uncommon, so if that really matters, you should pick Sullivan. Both are great.
  • joforyogajoforyoga member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks ladies. Just for reference these are the names on my long list for first names. Did I scratch them off too soon?

Eli
    Hunter
    Gabriel (not sure if I'm a fan of nn Gabe)
    Jesse
    Pheonix

• Sawyer is my fave on the list in the original post, but I like both Hunter and Gabriel much more. Bowen is definitely at the bottom of your list for me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • And general thoughts on just Bowie as the first name. Is this adorable and totally different than Bowen or the whole thing is no good?
  • With the huge resurgence of David Bowie everything following his death, Bowie comes off as both a little bandwagon-jumping/fangirl-y to me, to be honest. Sorry!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • With the huge resurgence of David Bowie everything following his death, Bowie comes off as both a little bandwagon-jumping/fangirl-y to me, to be honest. Sorry!
    Agreed. Love love love Gabriel! 

Suggesting

Damon
    Trent
    Sebastian nn Bash, Bass, Bastian
    Silas
    Vaughn
    Jasper

• I like Sullivan and Gabriel the best. Gabriel was on my list at one point, and I like the nn Gabe. I agree with @strawberrytree that Bowie might seem bandwagony, and possibly end up being dated (as in, in another 10 years, all the 10-year-olds named Bowie had to have been born in the class of 2016, 2017). That being said, I actually liked his music a lot and would love to meet a little Bowie in real life at some point. And Bowie over Bowen, hands down.
  • joforyogajoforyoga member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks guys! Love the suggestion of Sebastian and Silas but hubby hated both:( I was kinda leaning that way about Bowie the more I thought about it. I just like the name, no reference to David Bowie but everyone would think that I guess which could make it dated later on. With my firstbthe amen came easier to us and I think this one will be harder plus I'm team green so I have to get thinking about girls names too
  • After reading this whole thread my favorite is Hunter
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Sullivan Tate is my fav. Sawyer Alexander is my least fav-- the endings are too similar. 

• Thanks ladies. Just for reference these are the names on my long list for first names. Did I scratch them off too soon?

Eli
    Hunter
    Gabriel (not sure if I'm a fan of nn Gabe)
    Jesse
    Pheonix

Jesse is the best of this list.....NMS but very under used
  • Sullivan is okay. But Tate always sound so like taint to me. I dislike Bowie. All thoughts to David Bowie and in that sense is no better than Beckham or Axel (both of which are blah to me)... I LOVE Sawyer. I think it's underrated and I've never met any... 
  • What about Cedar?