February 2017 Moms
Options

Have you tasted breastmilk?

kswiger06kswiger06 member
edited February 2017 in February 2017 Moms
I'm on baby 3 and have never tasted the breastmilk. Sometimes I am curious about it just because, but yet I haven't brought myself to try it. I am curious how many of us have tried it before. I made it a poll to keep everyone anonymous but if you're not shy and you tried it, tell me what your reaction/thoughts were. 
Pregnancy Ticker

Have you tasted breastmilk? 59 votes

Yes
33% 20 votes
No
32% 19 votes
Not yet, but I will
22% 13 votes
No, and I never will
11% 7 votes

Re: Have you tasted breastmilk?

• Options
    Voted not yet but I will. I see no reason not to!
  • Options
    Yes I've tasted it with both other kids. Dh has as well. I don't think it's bad. Kind of sweet tasting. Reminds me of like vanilla almond milk for a comparison. I didn't like straight up drink it- just like oh here's three drops on my nipple shield with ds, put it on my finger and taste. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't tasted it. A part of me is curious and a part of me is also grossed out. I don't know why I'm grossed out by it, I mean if it's good enough for DD to eat, then I shouldn't be an issue for me lol. I probably won't try though. 
  • Options
    DH and I have both tried it to see what DD is eating. Neither of us could really pinpoint a taste, which surprised me because I've always heard it was sweet. Like the quote in Friends where they said it tasted like cantaloupe juice, but mine didn't taste like that so I don't know 
  • Options
    I have no interest. Not grossed out by it but I'm just not that curious I guess.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    H and I have both tried it, just out of curiosity.

@yogadevil this poll immediately made me think of Friends too, though I don't think it tastes like cantaloupe juice either...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I will when we start using bottles...  Seems like the easiest way to clean up any drops I put on my arm for temperature tests.  Plus, I am kind of curious.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just a lick here and there off of a finger or if I am dripping, lol.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker