March 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms not Seafood (2/13)

13»

Re: Symptoms not Seafood (2/13)

• Options
    @longliveregina hot pad? Warm shower or bath? Chocolate? I hope you feel better :( 
    Also slap me if I'm totally privileged here but for the past three days, I am having so much trouble catching my breath! I get winded and start to feel faint-y just walking ten steps to do laundry or standing doing dishes! This is baby crowding my lungs right? My previous two never troubled me in this way, so I'm guessing LO is bigger/longer than either one. Or is maybe something I should address with my OB? 
  • Options
    @silverbulletband I'm on #3 too and same thing this time! Baby is WAY in my ribs/lung cavity. It's very interesting how they can sit/carry so differently. I've never had a baby this high and she's been this way the entire time. Breathing is going to be such a luxury when she finally comes out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @silverbulletband Same here. Always struggling to catch my breath. It got way worse around week 34+. DH is tired of hearing about it! Once baby drops it should ease up on the crowded lungs, but personally none of my babies ever really dropped. There's nowhere for them to go - I'm so short! 
  • Options
    @silverbulletband I've had this problem since the 2nd tri! Baby girl has been so high up that I can barely breathe and FORGET trying to bend over forwards lol About once a day she also decides to wedge some part of her body up under my right ribs and just stay the for awhile which is incredibly uncomfortable! Can't wait to breathe normally again once this babe makes her arrival!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @longliveregina Empathizing with you on the painful period-like cramps. :( (Yay for strolling down memory lane, haaaa.) I don't have any advice; I have been chugging all the water like a Gatorade promoter and lying on my left side, to no avail. Let us know what your midwife says. I have an OB appointment today and will also ask how to deal.
  • Options
    @silverbulletband same here, noticeably worse over the last several days. And just like @SienaC I'm having sharp pains in my rib area too when baby decides he's gonna get even higher up at times. I'm short too so I think this LO doesn't have much room & I feel bad he must be so cramped in there but man sometimes it's just brutal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 to NO breathing room. (And not being used to it from my first) midwife had trouble measuring my belly this past week because she literally was reaching up under my ribcage trying to pull baby back down to tuck back under the tape measure with the rest of the bump. Hah
  • Options
    Phew, glad I'm not alone here haha, thanks gals :) I'm pretty tall and have a long torso so I think she has room to move down still but is just comfortable right where she is! 
  • Options
    My LO likes to hang out by my right rib too...like stick her butt up in the air right under my rib cage. So painful!! 
  • Options
    Baby has always hung pretty low but I feel like the last couple days he has been sitting both higher and lower. I've had a couple bouts of slight heartburn and it just feels cramped. But then at night I feel him moving up and down on and off my bladder :weary:
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said: 
    +1 to NO breathing room. (And not being used to it from my first) midwife had trouble measuring my belly this past week because she literally was reaching up under my ribcage trying to pull baby back down to tuck back under the tape measure with the rest of the bump. Hah
    My OB had this same problem last time she measured me lol She even said "this baby is going to need to move down out of your ribs because she is running out of room" and I'm like TRUST ME I KNOW!  :D

I did not expect this to happen at all since I'm 5'9" there should have been plenty of torso room for her but I guess babies just do as they please!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Mine is still up high and I have heartburn for the first time in my pregnancy.  Less that 3 weeks left though (I'd be quite happy if she came in 14 days!).  Still sleepy & a walking zombie due to lack of a proper night sleep.  Could also use a crane to get myself in & out of bed.  Guessing that'll be the case until LO makes her arrival.  Is anyone else sort of just waiting around?  Thank goodness I have work to keep my mind busy...