September 2017 Moms
Options

Team pink or team blue:

we all want healthy babies of course.. and we have talked about team green..but what do you want? A boy or a girl? What do you think it's gonna be? 

Re: Team pink or team blue:

• Options
    I'm gonna go with team blue (again) I love having a little boy! It will probably end up being a girl. Just because I want a boy. 
  • Options
    I don't have any strong feelings either way! I didn't with DS ether. DH thinks this one is a boy too, I wouldn't mind another boy, I love that DS is a mamas boy lol! Also, we have so much stuff from DS, clothes shoes toys... I'm also terrified of having a girl because of how horrible I was preteen-teen years. So that scares me. We'll be thrilled either way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll be ecstatic either way because this is our first. I'm guessing girl, DH is guessing boy. Gotta go get my shirt for our Reveal Party!! Only 3 more weeks!! 
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    I'm going to be very happy as long as baby is happy and healthy, but I'm guessing Team blue and DH is guessing Team pink. We already have one of each so this baby will be our tie breaker
  • Options
    We will both be ecstatic either way. Just want a healthy baby. But we are currently guessing that she's a girl. I don't really have a strong feeling, but DH does. He calls Baby "she" all the time. I figure that's better than calling her "it," so I'm going along with it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    Based on Shettles, I think it's a boy. I'd love another boy! But obviously, I want a healthy, happy child first and foremost. So I'll be ecstatic for another boy or a baby girl!
  • Options
    I have two daughters so EVERYONE is team blue for this baby. I'm terrified of having a boy. I have no idea what to do with a little boy. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    DH really wants a boy. I don't have terribly strong feelings either way. I'm hoping boy for DH, but I'm sure we will get a girl instead. Lol
  • Options
    I will be happy either way. Dh is hoping for a boy. I go back and forth if I think it is a boy or a girl. 
  • Options
    I'm leaning toward team blue! SO will be happy as long as baby is healthy. DD is hoping for another girl. She's already volunteered diaper changing and bottle feeding services. 
  • Options
    @awildrose I was terrified of having a boy too, in both of DH and I's families there have always been girls first so we thought we'd have a girl. Nope! It was pretty scary getting used to cleaning a penis every diaper change and one time I almost ended up calling my pediatrician because I couldn't find it.... DH told me to push on the little fat pad and sure enough it popped right out lol! He thought it was funny. Boys are definitely different than girls in other ways too, my mom who is always around my nieces, has noticed that he plays much more rough than my nieces. 

I didnt even even think about guessing based on the shettles method... I guess it could go either way, but the baby measured two days earlier than my first guess so I'm going to guess boy. Maybe. Ugh idk!!
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall I can't stand saying "it" so I've been saying he! I mean baby isn't an it lol I feel so bad when I say "it"
  • Options
    For second time mom's, did you "sense" what it was with the first?  Were you right? And at what point did you start sensing?
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @jmn1985 The only thing I sensed was "not girl" lol I did end up having a boy. To be fair though, the other women on DH's side married into the family so they have higher than normal rates for boys. This time I'm feeling like it's a girl but it will probably be a boy. I don't care what the sex is but I hope it's healthier than DS. 
  • Options
    Both me and my DH are team pink! But we are just so happy to have a baby, I really would be glad if it's a boy too. My family is split down the middle.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling this one is a girl but everyone else thinks boy.
    Its silly and obviously not reliable lol but I did the needle on a string test with my DD and it swung in a pendulum and stopped, pendulum stop, pendulum stop...indicating three girls. I didn't put much stock in it because I was one and done so THREE kids was ludicrous! 
    Then last year I had a loss and I know it was a girl...had to be based on when we DTD and when I ovulated.
    And now I'm pregnant with #3...rainbow baby! I did the test again a few weeks back and it did the three pendulums again so it just makes me wonder! My bff did it with me the first time when she was pregnant too and she got a pendulum stop and a swing stop. She had a loss and then a boy...sooooo lol

Really I'm cool either way so long as healthy!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @jmn1985
    I was absolutely convinced my first was a boy. Plus all the old wives tales pointed to boy (take those with a grain of salt). Nope she was a girl! I asked the sono tech to double check. Lol. My second pregnancy was soooo different from my first so I was sure that must be our boy. Nope again- another sweet girl. I'm not even venturing a guess this time. I just know I have no idea what to do with a little boy if we have one. Lol. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    My instincts can't be trusted. I was SO convinced this baby was a boy up until my sonogram Monday. Then, as I was watching baby on screen I suddenly thought "it's a girl...". 

I can't deny that I really want a girl, but I'll be completely happy with a boy, too. I just want a girl at some point SO badly, and we'll most likely only have 2... so I would feel better getting that girl first, lol. I really don't want to sound like I wouldn't be thrilled with boys, though, because I would. ❤

Edit... I love how many of you with boys are wanting another one. Kind of makes me want a boy now, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm kind of hoping for a girl because I have a daughter already and I would love for her to have a close relationship with her sister like I do with mine. She also really wants a baby sister. But then again I would like for my H to have a son so they can do boy things. So really both have their benefits, I honestly won't mind if it's either. 
  • Options
    I'm really hoping it's a girl. We have two boys and this is our last so I hope to experience a little girl too. I feel like it might be a girl since my pregnancy is totally different than with the boys. The boys pregnancies were identical in every way. But who knows. I have my blood draw next week and can't wait to find out the results!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I want both all for different reasons I want a little girl I can have girl nights with and take to the nail salon with me and hear all about her first date and things. But I also want a little boy so we can go on mommy dates and watch my husband teach him all the boy stuff he wants to do and give him advice he doesn't want when he goes to his first school dance plus I think boys are always a little bit more attached to their mama when they are little.... my husband desperately wants a boy though lol he's so scared by the idea of a girl. We find out on Tuesday though! I CANNOT WAIT
  • Options
    I have an overwhelming feeling this LO is a girl, to the extent that I find myself referring to them as she without realizing I'm doing it. DH doesn't have a strong feeling one way or another, but is more enthusiastic about our girl name, so he's leaning that way, haha. And most of our family and friends think girl. But I would also be so, so thrilled to have a boy. Either way, I know I'll be happy, and also have a small moment of, "Oh, but I really wanted a ___," when we find out. 

• Options
    jmn1985 said:
    For second time mom's, did you "sense" what it was with the first?  Were you right? And at what point did you start sensing?
    I can't say I had any type of sensing when it came to the gender but I desperately wanted DD to be a girl. My ex husband wanted her to be a boy so that he could mold his son to be a little mini him. It is a long story (I was 18 at the time) but we did not have a good relationship and the idea of having him influencing our child to be just like him scared the crap out of me. I was elated when it was a girl and he was devastated and literally said "what am I going to do with a girl?" 

Fast forward 8.5 years and he is not in our lives any longer. 

I feel like this baby is a boy. But I'm probably totally off lol. 
  • Options
    I have 2 boys ages 4 and 1. We are having twins. Ideally, i would love 2 girls and be even. of course I will be happy no matter what. Having 4 boys would be wild and fun, having one of each would be great too. But if you pinned me down and forced me to pick, I would be thrilled with 2 girls. 
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 your story made me want to give you a big squishy hug. 

I have never ever had any strong feelings either way. My sister seemed to know from the beginning that DS was a boy. I know she as a 50/50 shot but she was absolutely positive from the beginning! She thinks this one may be a boy too but she doesn't have as strong of a feeling this time. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette <3 I love that gif. Me and DD watched that movie today and we both couldn't get over how cute Baymax is. 
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 @daniellelynette Literally watching Big Hero right now  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think this is going to be a girl. Both of my pregnancies with my boys were super easy with no real symptoms. I had the pregnancy glow. With my daughter, she nearly killed me. I could barely walk by the time I gave birth because my pelvic girdle was so relaxed my joints were unstable. I had bad RL pain that started at 6 weeks and never went away. This pregnancy has been kicking my but already in several different ways.

Because of all my symptoms and struggles already, DH swears it's a girl too. I'm hoping we have another girl bc DD will be so rotten if we don't. I would like our last baby to be a boy though. Only because boys have that special bond with their mommies. I know L (DS2) is going to be devastated when I bring another baby home. He had so many health problems in his first year that he has needed me more than my other 2 kids did. I just need to make sure I am devoting quality one on one time with each kid so they don't feel forgotten. 
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 @mrsmgsee I love Baymax!!! I wanted to hug him lol
  • Options
    We're thinking this one is a girl. We already have two boys ages almost 6 & 14.5 months...I think adding a little princess would be fun, but I'm not sure I'd know what to do with her...
  • Options
    Everyone is hoping for a boy. We have not had a boy in forever. I only have one male cousin on my dad's side out of 9 cousins. My dad has 3 sisters, 4 daughters, and 2 granddaughters so this would be a huge deal if it was a boy. I don't have strong feelings either way. With DD I wanted a girl so badly. Now I want a boy. I think it will be a girl just for the amusement of still not getting a boy in the family. 
  • Options
    @kimby883 there were tons of boys in our family in my generation. Out of 15 grandkids there was only 3 girls. Now all the grandkids are having babies and so far, I'm the only one who has had a boy. It's funny how that happens. 
  • Options
    DH wants a boy first, i grew up with 3 big brothers and if i were to have a girl i would want her to have a big brother. But if we have a girl right now, she would have 3 big boy cousins to watch her back. My mom is demanding a boy (like i can do that) she has complained about how hard girls are (she has 1 daughter, hi...) I just want a healthy baby, I don't care gender just healthy. We plan on having 2 or 3 kids in total so we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    @lahearn18 That's kinda funny about your mom! When my mom says stuff like that I try to look back and certainly don't remember being that big of a pain lol. 
  • Options
    I know for a fact I was a terror from 12-19 lol. Which is why I'm terrified to have a girl. 
  • Options
    I would have bet my house that DD was a boy. When she was born, I could not stop laughing. It was just such a complete shock.

I badly wanted a daughter, so I was kind of relieved. Now, I would be happy with whatever I had. This pregnancy is sooooo different than mine with DD, but I really don't have a feeling either way. I think H wants a boy, but DD is wrapped around his little finger and he adores her. I do think it would be fun to have the experience of raising one of each, but I also know how close I am with my sister and I would love DD to have a sister. 

My parents have 5 granddaughters and DH's parents have 5 granddaughters and 2 grandsons, so we are def a girl-heavy family.
  • Options
    Everyone, from friends to both families, is convinced we're having a girl. DH doesn't have a preference either way, but I'm secretly hoping for a girl, as well. I'm just so close with my mom, sister, aunt, and girl cousins that I would love to bring another generation of bad ass ladies into the family. Though, since I want a girl, I'm guessing we'll actually have a boy.  :D We'll be really excited, either way. 
  • Options
    I just found out I'm having twins! I want to be team purple, but I'll be happy no matter what.
    Congrats on the twins!!! How fun!!