May 2017 Moms

FFFC 2/17

Not guaranteed to be flame free 

Re: FFFC 2/17

• Loading the player...
  • @L1C4gal right!!! who eats fruit loops, or any sugary cereal for that matter, when they're trying to be healthy anyways!
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @BeachMommy2B Exactly! I try to do natural stuff when I can, but let's face it...I know what I'm getting myself into when I crack open a box of crappy, sugary cereal.
  • @jayandaplus Are you a cancer?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe No, sagittarius. Why?
  • Kateriee said:
    I still drink a cup or two of half calf coffee in the morning and a 44 Oz of diet coke throughout the day. Every day.
    I literally do this exact thing but with real Coke. Husband gets annoyed but whatever I love it and I am taking care of 2 boys under 4 so I'm drinking the caffeine. 

Same here! I secretly drink pop when I am at work a couple times a week. I think my DH knows that I do this because I don't care to hear his comments.  Diet coke is just too tasty.....
  • Haha! H gives me a hard time about caffeine too. I'm like dude, it's less than 1/2 of what I'm "allowed" in a day and I don't do it every day, I think we're good. He just wants to make sure we're healthy I guess.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe No, sagittarius. Why?
    Your "I feel" statement was very cancer like :)
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @MoshiMoshi7 haha yesss. I constantly say in my head, "I write with my right." When driving and making turns. That was my biggest fear when taking my driving test, that I would turn the wrong direction 
  • I had an assignment due at midnight last night that I forgot to do. I remembered at 9:30 last night but I was already in bed. And I don't think I'm going to do it tonight - the weather is too pretty. I'll work on it tomorrow. 
  • thistlenweedsthistlenweeds member
    edited February 2017
    @Louise_Belcher i drink coffee like every day. Combining half-caf and full caf and tea and doing double espresso shots on days i don't do other types of caffeine.

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot @MoshiMoshi7 i consider myself an egalitarian and not a pure feminist though because i think men should also be able to pursue traditionally female occupations and activities without being judged for it. That being said, i think everyone should be able to do what they really want to do (equal opportunities, i guess, based purely on skill and expertise?). This is why the concept of 'we need more women in STEM' is slightly confusing to me: we should definitely encourage girls to pick sciences if they feel like it and they should be able to pursue a career with the same level of acceptance as men but if a girl wants to be a SAHM (and not purely because society conditioned her to want that) i'm all for it and wouldn't judge.

ETA: i judge people for spelling. Seriously judge. In two languages.
  • starphish18starphish18 member
    edited February 2017
    @thistlenweeds By definition, doesn't egalitarian encompass feminism because it's the belief that all people are equal and deserve equal rights? Whereas, you could be a racists feminist, believing in gender equality but not racial equality, and thus you wouldn't be an egalitarian. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how you could be an egalitarian without being a feminist.
  • Add me to the daily caffeine train. I have a can of diet Pepsi about five days a week and I don't feel bad about it for a second.

My FFFC? Pepsi rules, Coke is the worst.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • thistlenweedsthistlenweeds member
    edited February 2017
    @starphish18 to me the difference is that feminism concentrates on female rights alone but egalitarianism is broader and is really about everyone's right. So yes, it is more encompassing. But i feel that sometimes the more radical adepts of feminism can be a bit extreme and not necessarily as keen about preserving the rights of other groups.
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot  oh, absolutely. My sister wants to be a physicist (she's 12), i'm all for it. And yes, i agree, that SAH is a job and shouldn't be disregarded as 'doing nothing at home all day'. So totally on board with your points here. As i was trying to clarify in my previous comment, i don't necessarily want to associate with more extreme edges of feminism that could potentially disregard the value of the rights of other groups. That's really the only reason i worded it the way i originally did.
  • @thistlenweeds  I see your point.  If that were the case, I assume you wouldn't be one to say "I'm not a feminist, but ____".  Instead, you'd just say what you thought.  

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot yeah, i would not use that wording for the reasons you mentioned in your original comment like ever. 
  • @Louise_Belcher oh no! Maybe we can just pretend I never said anything. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I know this has been used before, but... I'm sick of everyone asking how I'm feeling. I know they're being polite or w/e, but it gets old getting asked a million times a day.
    Tell. Me. About. It.
  • Team I drink a cup of coffee a day and sometimes have a soda as well. I also have chocolate and don't monitor that. 

I guess I don't have a FFFC of my own. 
  • I have been a horrible wife in the sex department lately and was totally planning on giving MH some love tonight. He has been having a tough week and I thought this would cheer him up. Well, he just texted me that he is having another rough day and he just wants to go to the gym and blow off steam. My FFFC is that I'm not going to tell him about wanting sexy time tonight so that I can just go to sleep when he goes to the gym.