March 2017 Moms

Symptoms 2/6

2»

Re: Symptoms 2/6

• @npaulie I have the same hip pain when trying to sleep. I just keep flipping over from side to side, I wake up and one side hurts so I flip until the other side hurts. Not really a solution, but stretching before bed helps me, I can barely get into pigeon pose anymore on the floor, but if I prop my leg up on the side of the sofa bent in like pigeon pose, and lean over a little - I get right at my IT band, which for me is what causes the hip pain the most. 

I also really like the half a glass with the epsom bath idea...going to have to steal that tonight! 
  • I'm skipping work today. Yep the first week of class and I'm staying home. I think I've been pushing it way too hard this week, working late and on my feet all day trying to get the class started on the right foot. I woke up sore, stiff, nauseous, and downright dizzy. :( I feel okay laying down, so this will be my position for the next couple of hours, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @npaulie do you have support down by your ankle/lower leg?  Hopefully this makes sense but in my yoga class the instructor was mentioning how important it is to make sure the leg below the knee was elevated along with the knee while
    sleeping to help keep the hips from pulling unevenly.  In class she even has us elevate the lower leg slightly above the knee.  I've found it to be a big help.  It does mean the bed is even more of a pillow fortress but meh, whatever it takes at this point.
  • @goodmorning12 oh I'll have to try that. My pregnancy pillow only goes to about my knees. Will try adding another pillow. Thank you for the tip!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Fun new symptom- if I am sitting or lying down for awhile and get up to walk somewhere it feels like my pubic bone is being ripped from my body! Standing still is fine but every step I take us excruciating! I think it sounds like SPD, but I'm not entirely sure. I really hope this doesn't last for my remaining 5 weeks of pregnancy!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• I never ever ever nap. I can't remember the last time I was able to. Might have once in this whole pregnancy when also super sick. but today? Today I am SO exhausted. Just had this wave hit me and I took a two hour nap with DD... I'm hoping it's not a sign of impending labor! 24hrs till this snowstorm is done passing through 
  • @kjd291 regardless of the reason i'm glad you got some rest. hopefully labor is not impending! this snow storm can go kick rocks .. i'm officially over winter lol and this wasn't even close to a bad one.
  • Thanks @Gators&amp;BoSox !
    I'm sure it's probably nothing andI'm just being paranoid.  Can't help getting freaked out about anything and everything pointing towards labor during this blizzard. 
  • @kjd291 and @Gators&amp;BoSox I love that you two are NE ladies... I'm in Rhode Island over here! 

Stay safe and warm! ... Also, my husband was born back during a huge snowstorm and got lots of attention from the nurses because for whatever reason he was one of the only babies there. So, maybe there's a positive if labor did happen.
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• shines721 said:
    @kjd291 and @Gators&amp;BoSox I love that you two are NE ladies... I'm in Rhode Island over here! 

Stay safe and warm! ... Also, my husband was born back during a huge snowstorm and got lots of attention from the nurses because for whatever reason he was one of the only babies there. So, maybe there's a positive if labor did happen.
    True! I'm sure no one would be in there unless they HAD to be!

I feel like a lot of us March ladies are in the North East! At least a lot more than my first DDs bump group. Everyone was mostly from Midwest, CA, and Texas. 
  • Also in the blizzard!  Snuck out for a massage - wasn't going to miss it.  I'm getting a bit stir crazy with all this snow.  Not like I can get out and about much...walking is a hazard...oh well.
  • @shines721 i love rhode island! one of my favorite spots to go visit. although, even though i enjoy your states calamari every so often, i still prefer the classic style  :#
  • Someone please tell me more about Rhode island calamari.
  • @cbeanz It's divine... breaded and fried with hot pickled peppers, garlic butter sauce, sometimes tomatoes too...
  • Things I googled today: "pregnant: might I actually explode?" Seriously, baby is so active and in all kinds of weird positions, I think I have some kind of internal bruise above my belly button. Yow. That, or LO is scratching the # of days remaining right there. 
    This has been happening to me too! Painful spot above my belly button. My midwife told me it was normal stretching/pain from baby kicking or stretching in that same place. BUT I love the picture of baby scratching the internal count-down. Hahah.
  • Glad to hear your midwife said it was normal. I definitely have those days when it seems like LO and I are growing/stretching more. Hence the worries that my belly will just split open! 
  • @Cbeanz it's tasty for sure. more of a zing than regular calamari 

• @Gators&amp;BoSox @Cbeanz I am feeling like such a typical Rhode Islander but seriously didn't know other kinds of calamari exists?! Yum...

@babyisthenewblack That just made me lol.. I feel the same way.. like a for us going to explode out my right side!
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• hahaha @shines721 its just fried and served with marinara.. not as festive! i could go on such a seafood kick right now...too bad theres a foot of snow lol
  • oh... and whole belly clams are a new england only thing too if you didn't know lol
  • I love how the symptoms thread is now the seafood thread. ;) and yes. Now craving some Fried Calamari hard core. Whyyy must I be trapped in my home!?
  • OMW I need to visit New England.
  • I've never been to New England and now I NEED TO GO RIGHT NOW! 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • Came to check out symptoms, now realizing I need calamari instead! I know where our next day trip will be! Not glad to see how many ladies have been cramping, but glad to see I'm not the only one. It definitely had me slightly concerned due to duration as opposed to intensity.
  • kjd291 said:
    I love how the symptoms thread is now the seafood thread. ;) and yes. Now craving some Fried Calamari hard core. Whyyy must I be trapped in my home!?
    haha the thread dies tomorrow any way so might as well send it out on a tasty note right!? i am also planning my next seafood trip... i wish it wasn't so expensive to park in damn boston lol
  • kjd291 said:
    I love how the symptoms thread is now the seafood thread. ;) and yes. Now craving some Fried Calamari hard core. Whyyy must I be trapped in my home!?
    haha the thread dies tomorrow any way so might as well send it out on a tasty note right!? i am also planning my next seafood trip... i wish it wasn't so expensive to park in damn boston lol
    Not sure which direction you're coming from but we made that mistake twice. We now park at Riverside and take the T in. I hate all the one way streets and the parking prices.
  • @samm1225 i could hop on at Alewife but toddlers on the T are not always joyful haha ... but 40 bucks is highway robbery to park! ugh
  • Haha - the seafood symptom thread! I love RI calamari too- now I'm craving it because anything with banana peppers sounds good right about now. This "blizzard" is all rain on Cape Cod where I am, but supposed to change over to snow. 
  • @jenny0228 you guys are supposed to get hit with crazy wind right? i will gladly trade you my snow for your rain lol
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox yep 70mph gusts last I heard! Should be an interesting test for my deck furniture...
  • I've always wanted to do a weekend on the Cape during winter. It must be beautifully fierce. 
  • Cbeanz said:
    Since this is a seafood thread now...
    I already booked a sushi date with hubs in March. I've missed it so much I booked this back in December!
    I may get sushi from Wegmans regularly, at least the cooked kind. I figure if I still eat deli meat there's no reason to avoid the California rolls, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • RunBooRunRunBooRun member
    edited February 2017
    samm1225 said:
    I've always wanted to do a weekend on the Cape during winter. It must be beautifully fierce. 
    My MIL lives on the Cape (DH spent high school there). The Cape during winter is incredibly boring. Nothing is open past 6pm and there is nothing to do because many businesses are summer only. Sorry to burst your bubble....

FYI, another New Englander here! I'm from Central MA.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017