March 2017 Moms
Options

Symptoms 2/6

Starting this thread because I didn't see one up and boiii do we have symptoms.

Re: Symptoms 2/6

• Options
    Anyone else experiencing period like cramps? I've had on and off for three days now. Going to ask my doc today but was curious since I don't remember this with my first.
  • Options
    Anyone else experiencing period like cramps? I've had on and off for three days now. Going to ask my doc today but was curious since I don't remember this with my first.
    Yep. Getting more and more over the past weeks. I know it can be baby growing/stretching too, but as you get farther along can also be changes occuring in your cervix to prepare for birth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh I didn't experience the cramping with my first. An unwelcome surprise this go around. Boooooo.
    I miss being able to move without groaning.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Cramps over here too. Usually if I've been standing for too long and they go away when I sit and rest.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    @CanadianintheSouth oh man I'd be having a panic attack if all that happened to me!!
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Braxton Hicks like mad.  When I try to do anything.  It's like carrying around a bowling ball and so uncomfortable. 

@CanadianintheSouth that would definitely have me a little freaked out! 
  • Options
    @datalover13 @ShaunaT25 I know right?! Gah I need this baby to stay put! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nothing crazy here. i don't think she's dropped but she's still sitting low and resting her head against an inconvenient place somewhere in my groin. by the end of the night when i'm waddling i can definitely feel her. it's like a rumbling thunder crotch instead of the lightning crotch
  • Options
    It felt like he dropped the other night, but now he feels back up high again. So idk if he went down then back up? Other than that, I think the only new symptoms are major increase in lightening crotch and RLP. 

Other than that same old same old: tired, achy back, ravenous hunger. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Everything aches today. I called in sick and am eating Oreos to console myself but they're just making my heartburn worse and I want to cry. I just feel big and uncomfortable. I have to pee every 5 min but there's nothing to pee out. My carpel tunnel is so bad I wake up wanting to scream in the middle of the night and have to walk around and stretch to get the nerve pain to stop. I'm tempted to try and go to see a chiropractor to see if they could help with the carpel tunnel. Wrist braces aren't working and my fingers are completely numb just from writing this. 
  • Options
    Ditto the ravenous hunger.  I've not been this hungry my entire pregnancy.  I'm also not sure I'd call them BHs but there are times when the pressure is real - mainly when I've walked for a solid 10-15minutes.

right now I have a banana craving and limiting myself to 2 bananas a day is difficult  :D  Very odd craving, and I haven't had any real cravings this entire pregnancy...but those bananas....
  • Options
    @kap1988 yes I'm so congested. I've broken down and with my OB's hesitant okay become addicted to nasal spray. I suffer all day with the sniffling but need it at night to breathe to sleep
  • Options
    i'm not necessarily congested so much as all of this extra fluid makes my nostrils swell and i can't breathe. there's nothing to blow out or spray. breath right strips help some nights but then i'm kept awake by the feeling of the strips. soooo i guess I'm just waiting for birth to breathe lol
  • Options
    Ugh! My blood thinner isn't working. I'm upping my dose (under dr orders) and hoping for no new clots. One is quite enough!
  • Options
    @kap1988 yes to the congestion. It's been pretty bad this pregnancy. I literally blow my nose all day long, and it's the gross stuff. It's better than last pregnancy though... Where I got bloody noses every single day. My neti pot has been my best friend this time around.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Heartburn, cramping, contractions that are uncomfortable about 3/hr, swelling in my hands and just general soreness from bedrest. Also, baby has moved and she puts her feet right under my ribs all the time!!
  • Options
    Everything aches today. I called in sick and am eating Oreos to console myself but they're just making my heartburn worse and I want to cry. I just feel big and uncomfortable. I have to pee every 5 min but there's nothing to pee out. My carpel tunnel is so bad I wake up wanting to scream in the middle of the night and have to walk around and stretch to get the nerve pain to stop. I'm tempted to try and go to see a chiropractor to see if they could help with the carpel tunnel. Wrist braces aren't working and my fingers are completely numb just from writing this. 
    Do you think you might have a UTI? (Of course the things I bolder could be totally normal too.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Goodmorning12- ditto to the recent banana cravings! I could eat 2-3 daily but limit myself to one. Sadly we are out of them at the moment  :(
  • Options
    @BaylieGirl If you can, try massage for your carpal tunnel! I told my massuese that I was having carpal tunnel pain and she worked her magic on my forearms-poof no more pain!

@kap1988 Yes to the congestion! I blow my nose 100x per day and still feel stuffy all the time.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Yes another one for congestion, it's been here since November! And it's gross. 
  • Options
    Definitely feeling the blobness today. I have congestion but also bloody nose minus the actual bloody nose part if that makes sense. I just want to know if my boobs will ever stop growing. They definitely weren't this big with my son and I'm fearful what will happen once my milk comes in... ugh.... cantaloupe boobs. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I've been waking up due to major reflux....like, I'm partially vomiting in my sleep. Last night I think I aspirated it. This is despite the Zantac and Tums! 
    +1 for the constant nasal congestion and bloody nose. 
    Still having contractions every day, although now that I'm off work I do have some days that feel more tolerable. 
    Last night I had the craziest pains in my vagina-- not lightening crotch, not the weird Charlie horse in the groin thing-- something different. Honestly the best comparison I could come up with was the baby crowning. I was jumping out of my recliner, yelping, and told DH "it feels like the baby is gonna come out!" 
    Very bizarre. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Heartburn and insomnia - it is 2:23am.... ughh
  • Options
    aw hang in there @MahiMama!

last night baby must have been in a weird position or something bc my BH felt like LO was tunneling into my hips and pressing the hell out of my bladder more so than usual. they woke me up and were annoyingly uncomfortable
  • Options
    Really bad charlie horse last night. My calf still hurts this morning.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options
    Woke up with my fingers feeling like they did before I started my RA medicine. I've been in remission the whole pregnancy, it's weird it'd start flaring up now.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum I've been feeling faint recently, too! Hope we both manage to stay vertical. Does your BP tend to run low? Mine does and I'm wondering if it's that, or a blood sugar thing maybe? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm super congested too, and I have been since about 21ish weeks. Also, the rib and back pain is real! I spend my lunch break at work and at least a little while every night with my heating pad on my back, which helps some. And finally, I am so over this heartburn! I had a major tomato soup craving last night, so I made a homemade tomato soup, just to regret eating it the rest of the night.
  • Options
    @MahiMama my BP tends to run on the higher side of normal. I've been thinking it's a low blood sugar thing.
  • Options
    Ditto the lightning crotch, heartburn, congestion, hip & RLP pain and period cramps w/ a side of digestive issues. 

Also been feeling my heartbeat at the base of my neck in a way that's super uncomfortable and have rib pain that feels like I've been kicked by a horse. Learning to navigate that though. Thank goodness for working from home! The heating pad is my friend!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I now officially can't sleep through the night without waking up from absolutely aching hips. I've got my pregnancy pillow, I've got support between my legs. But my hips have just had it. Even tried sleeping in the recliner last night. Anyone else dealing with this and found a solution?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kap1988 it's nice to hear others have congestion! I've never thought to post about it but I haven't been able to breathe through my nose when sleeping for probably 3-4 months now!! It's so annoying. But I've finally gotten used to it. It's nice to think that will go away (along with shortness of breath and every other symptom) here very shortly!!!!

still waking up for hours at a time every morning around 3am. (FFFC:::::) This morning I had a burning feeling after going pee and literally had to bring my pillow to the bathroom and prop it against the wall so I could sleep while on the toilet. The only thing that relieved the burning was to be able to push which obviously could only be done on the toilet... 

i drank a ton ton of water and it went away. Thank goodness!! But I still think I might call in about a UTI in the morning. 

ITS ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER!!!!!
  • Options
    @npaulie my hip pain is out of control too.. I try stretching and sitting on the birth ball and using my pillow but still some nights there's just no relief. I wish I had tips for you, just wanted you to know you're not alone!
  • Options
    @npaulie some really really bad nights I've taken a unisom (preggo safe - over the counter sleep aid) 
    some other bad nights I've had a few sips of wine to help relax and sleep.
    ive also had luck a couple times with rolling a towel and laying it underneath where the small of my back would be. 
  • Options
    npaulienpaulie member
    edited February 2017
    Gators&BoSox Although I'm sorry you're also experiencing them, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've also tried the ball and stretching (ironically even had yoga last night which usually helps). May mention it at my next appointment and see if I can get a referral for physio or something. My start adding a half glass of wine to my epsom salt soak... Friday night plans here I come. 
    Pregnancy Ticker