February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (2/6)

Re: Weekly Randoms (2/6)

• @Xstatic3333, I hope this storm does it for you then!!

Part of me wonders if this storm could make things happen since my contractions overnight REALLY hurt. But we're supposed to get 12-16" so I'd prefer nothing happen during that because we'd never make it to the hospital!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Part of me wonders if this storm could make things happen since my contractions overnight REALLY hurt. But we're supposed to get 12-16" so I'd prefer nothing happen during that because we'd never make it to the hospital!!!
    How far is your hospital @Starfish113? I haven't had contractions that hurt yet. It sounds promising!
  • Loading the player...
  • Anyone else on the east coast a bit nervous about going into labour during this massive snow storm?

Also, tomorrow night there is going to be a lunar eclipse, a full moon, and a comet... 

I'm kind of hoping all of those things will do the trick. Yeah it sucks there's a giant snow storm right now but our dog is already at daycare where she will be boarded, I have a doctor's appointment so I came into the office which is only 10 mins from the hospital as opposed to 50 from our house. So it would actually be kind of ideal haha. @Xstatic3333 I'm hoping this all sends you into labor too! You deserve to be comfy again.
  • +1 to the hoping that the storm and full moon makes this situation happen. I'm only 39w1 but the amount of uncomfortableness and pain I feel every night, I need this to happen. I woke up at 3am to painful contractions and then as per usual they went away. I broke down in frustrated tears last night. 

@Xstatic3333 I hear you. I've lost all gracefulness and dignity. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • varimamavarimama member
    edited February 2017
    I'm kind of freaking out about the storms. I'm glad we stayed home today, it's awful out and they just keep adding to the amount we're supposed to get. Apparently we're supposed to get a bunch more snow again this weekend and there's another nor'easter next Wednesday/Thursday. We live an hour from the hospital so I'm really hoping he stays this guy stays put for the next week! 

ETA: good luck to the other northeast ladies, especially those closer to 40+ weeks! I hope we have no snowstorm babies or if we do everyone makes it safely to the hospital/birthing center. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

How far is your hospital @Starfish113? I haven't had contractions that hurt yet. It sounds promising!
    I'm about 20 minutes away without snow. I have definitely had contractions that ... but not all night like that! Usually more when I'm up and moving around a lot. 
  • Sooo are cramps and mild contractions pretty much the same thing at this point...?
  • MommaBean said:
    Sooo are cramps and mild contractions pretty much the same thing at this point...?
    Soooo I'm only calling them contractions if they hit my back, but having had VERY few of those I'm certainly no expert ;)
  • @Spicyweiner As the creator of the thread, that wasn't really what I meant it for. So I agree, but oh well. 
    Also, imagine getting a notification every time someone posts on it. Super fun 
  • On DDs BMB we all posted our own labor story thread. It was a much more active board, too. 
    I much preferred that way. 
  • On DDs BMB we all posted our own labor story thread. It was a much more active board, too. 
    We did the same in DS BMB. 
    So was it like a short and sweet birth announcement and then details were in individual labor threads?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger yes that's how it was in mine.. I'm not sure about hers though but I'm guessing probably similar. 
    So was it like a short and sweet birth announcement and then details were in individual labor threads?

SITB
    We didn't even have an announcement, we just posted our own story. It was nice. 
  • Yeah we each made our own thread for the announcement and pics. It was better that way, everyone said congrats and asked questions in there!!
  • Yeah at this point I'd be in favor of anything that gets this place moving again. The one thread is tough because if I don't check it, thinking I'm caught up on congrats, then I miss the next birth.
  • So does the labor buddy start their thread? Or do they still do the labor post thing and the person updates themselves? 
  • Labor buddy can post in the labor post and then when your baby is here make your own thread! :)
  • If the individual threads get started when someone goes into labour, especially by the person going into labour, then all the 'good luck' comments would result in notifications just for that person... might save @srscott3 the endless notifications... labour buddy could update the individual thread when mom goes to hospital or baby is here.
  • Ok, so the labour buddy posts in the great big labour post when things kick off? And then when the baby arrives, the Febulady starts their own thread? Or the labour buddy starts the individual thread? 

I need to know, because @srscott3 is in labour and I don't want to do my girl wrong! 
  • Well, if we made the wrong call I own that, but it least it will result in people have a good space to send @WinchesterGirl Supernatural gifs. 
  • We did it so a labor buddy started a thread for us and told awesome stories as to what was happening 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited February 2017
    20-26" starting here soon = "please don't come now, baby" weather

• Eh, let's just have the regs do what they want 
  • Someone had to bungle it to get us going in a straight line. We all learned a valuable lesson today.