July 2017 Moms

Question about dopplers

2»

Re: Question about dopplers

• JAM85JAM85 member
    edited January 2017
    Absolutely what @Xath said. Once I could feel movement last time I relied on that and only used the Doppler if I wanted to hear the heartbeat not to confirm or deny worries. If I was at all worried I took my butt to L&D. Right now it's nice because there is longer between appointments and we can't feel anything but it can also cause a lot of anxiety because it is a lot harder to find now especially say if you have an anterior placenta which many won't confirm until their 18-20 scan. And do not go by the number on the Doppler it is not accurate and not to be relied on. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got mine yesterday and was able to find baby's heartbeat after a while.  Very reassuring since I'm stuck on bed rest. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So i had a bit of a scare this evening - I tried to find this LO's HB for a full 10 min and started getting so panicked I had to step away - and then stepped straight over to Google which we know is not the right thing to do. I took a shower, vowed to try again after dd went to sleep, couldn't help myself and tried again, and FINALLY found it. Ugh. I'm not going to touch this thing again until after the NT scan on Wednesday. 
  • lph4248lph4248 member
    edited January 2017
    @satsumasandlemons It can be very stressful! I'm glad you found it eventually. I'm trying not to use mine more than once a week for this very reason. 
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • @satsumasandlemons it's always good to take a break and come back! I've also noticed that coughing a couple times (just like for ultrasounds) or getting up and bending over or some other quick movement gets the baby moving! 
  • Reviving this to ask a Doppler-related question. A friend gave me hers and I've been using it since about 12 weeks. Lately I've been paranoid about having twins. I have a lot of the characteristics that make it more likely, but was reassured for a while by my 8-week ultrasound showing one baby. But my bump is already huge and I gained eleven pounds between my first and second appointments (which is way more than I did during that time with my first) so I find myself reading tons of stories about twins who were missed at the first ultrasound. Anyway, a few days ago I decided to try to find a second heartbeat, since naturally I was stopping after hearing one before. Both Tuesday and today I have been able to hear the heartbeat from two different locations a few inches apart. I don't know if I'm just hearing the same thing twice or if there are two hearts beating in there... any thoughts or experience to share? I have an OB appt Monday morning and I will definitely be bringing it up!
  • @mamadcb With mine there's a 2-3 inch range of where I can hear her depending on the day. It used to be a much smaller window but has seemed to grow and get easier to find as she's grown too. I've had multiple scans, and there's definitely just the one. Not guaranteed that's the case for you, since you have other reasons you're concerned, but I wouldn't be worried about hearing a heartbeat in 2 spots close together. I would definitely wonder more if it was a further distance away, like 6 inches apart or something. Good luck at your appointment on Monday.