Trying to Get Pregnant

Vanderpump and housewives thread!

Yay my first discussion!

Your thoughts and feelings about our favorite crazies on VPR and the various real housewives go here...

Re: Vanderpump and housewives thread!

• I'm still dying at Joe Simpson on VPR...I can't get over it. I would be so embarrassed if he were my dad! Why am I the only one obsessed with this?!?
  • Also I used to really like Katie. She's a mean girl now. Stassi used to be the leader but I think it's Katie now.
  • Loading the player...
  • LoveInDCLoveInDC member
    edited February 2017
    Okay, I am so over Katie. Can we all remember her whole beef with Stassi was "I can't hate people just because you tell me to"? Did that totally escape her brain? Because this shit she's pulling with Scheana (especially regarding LaLa this season) is pissing me off to no end. And that's on top of the return of Tequila Katie and how she can't open her mouth without criticizing Schwartz and storming off like a child. *gasps for air* That felt good.
  • Also I used to really like Katie. She's a mean girl now. Stassi used to be the leader but I think it's Katie now.
    I think Stassi's power comes from everyone wanting to be her friend. As long as that's true, the girls she allows as friends do her bidding. Meanwhile, the girls she sends into exile suffer and wait for her approval. Ariana is throwing a giant wrench into that by not caring about her and sticking around.

Katie is closer to season 1/2 Stassi at this point, but I think Stassi could probably wind Katie up and "control" her if she decided to.
  • That's why I love Ariana, because she doesn't play stassi's game, and stassi has no power over her!

and yea Tequila Katie is the worst. These are not people in their teens/early 20s. Grow up already!
  • Yessss! They're all too old for this. Jax is frickin 37!! Poor Brittany is still 28. Run girl. Run far away from this madness. She's too good for all this childish shenanigans.
  • He's 37?? How did I not realize this?!?
  • He's 37?? How did I not realize this?!?
    Yeah, it's just sad. From the birthday roast:

• JAX IS THIRTY SEVEN?!?!?!?!

Katie is awful. She's trying so hard to be the queen bee but she is SO BORING. Stassi is interesting. Kristen is interesting. Katie is... well not that I'm a Lala apologist but Lala is right when she called Katie a blob. She's just a blob of nothing.

• Also, I recently declared I could spend a whole week using only VPR gifs and I feel like I should make good on that claim. 

edited February 2017
    Cast ages from oldest to youngest:
    • Jax - 37
    • Kristen and Tom Sandova - 33
    • Tom Schwartz - 32
    • Scheana and Ariana - 31
    • Katie - 30
    • Stassi and Brittany - 28
    • James - 25
  • @LoveinDC Wow. That blows my mind. 

I noticed the list did not include James's dopey underage girlfriend. When they were at dinner and she said she needed a chardonnay I was like honey you are not 21 come on now.

• adirat said:
    @LoveinDC Wow. That blows my mind. 

I noticed the list did not include James's dopey underage girlfriend. When they were at dinner and she said she needed a chardonnay I was like honey you are not 21 come on now.

*gasps for air* That was fun and way harder than it should have been. Extensive internet searching tells me she turned 22 in September.
  • I must say, I am really loving Kristen Doute this season. She's really funny and almost completely rational and normal. 
    What about in the last episode when the guys and Ariana were trying on tuxes and Jax said "yeah, were all gonna want slim fits," and the sales guy was all "haha you're an athletic fit."  And you know he meant fat. Haha Jax. 
  • @loveindc Wow. That is hard to believe. She is so dopey. 

@breezybee I recently rewatched a season 1 episode and it's frightening how different Jax looka now. 

• @BreezyBee I agree about Kristen, I really like her this season! She has a lot more self awareness than she used to have. Like she's a train wreck but she owns it
  • I kind of always liked Kristen. She's bringing it for the show.

Thoughts on Brittany? I said last week -- girl is thirstyyyyyy.

• I feel like this is an UO but I don't really care for Ariana. She's too obsessed with Tom. I feel like they do everythingggggg together. And I just can't get down with that. 

• hartmich said:
     She's too obsessed with Tom. 
    And WHY? Tom is not a catch. 

• @Adirat None of them are catches!! That's why I find this show so fascinating. When my dad was 37 he was married, had 2 kids, a house and his own business... Jax is barely staying out of jail. It's horrifying. 

• I actually like Britney. I think she's adorable and I love her accent. I agree that moving in with jax across the country was stupid...
    I think Tom is more obsessed with Ariana. And I agree Tom is absolutely not a catch.
  • Oh my gosh guys! I was driving home from work. 

First, how did any of you not know that Jax is 37?!?? He's so old to be acting like a child. 

Katie is NOT the leader and never will be. She thinks she is which is why she's super annoying this season but Stassi will always be the leader. 

I love Kristen! Now that she's happy and in a normal relationship, you can see that she actually is a good person and a great friend. 

I feel bad for Brittany because she's such a sweet girl and not crazy. 

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• I think Stassi is beautiful but watching her in past seasons with how hot she used to be makes me feel better about my own aging self since we're the same age. 

And lala is a ghetto hoe. I'm glad she left the show. And I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHO HER MARRIED BOYFRIEND IS. Can an expert sluether hook me up with that information, please?!!!?!!!??

edited February 2017
    I watch the show for Stassi first and LVP second. All the other drama is just ammo for them to throw shade at.

Not going to lie, I watched Scheana on WWHL and she says that her divorce plays out on screen after Katie's wedding and I am way too excited for that.

@haylsbayls - Girl, I tried. It's hard because she started a bunch of false rumors to mess with people. Interestingly enough though, when's James was on WWHL he was asked if he knew. He turned to Andy and asked him if he was allowed to say and Andy told him no! So there are some people who know, but I imagine her bf is big/powerful enough that Bravo is shutting it down. Especially if there really are NDAs involved.
  • @LoveInDC omg that's intense!!!! I neeeeed to know who he is. His poor wife. Could you imagine your DH having an affair with someone like Lala?! Speaking of which, sheena is the biggest hypocrite! The whole reason I got involved in the show was because of her conversation with Brandi. And ommmmmgggggg I can't wait to see her divorce play out! I never watch WWHL and it sounds like I need to start!

• I would die if my H did that!! Lala is just trash, in my opinion. She acted so sweet and innocent but she gave it just as good as she got it. 
    And yes to Stassi aging...I think she's beautiful. But it does make me feel better that even she changes as she gets older.
  • @haylsbayls I cannot imagine what that poor wife went through. I also find it hilarious that Lala is always about how anyone who lives in CA has private jets and goes on trips to Italy with complete strangers. No hun, that's that hoe life's you're talking about. Don't get it confused. I just started recording WWHL last week because I ran out of things to watch at home during the day and I am not disappointed. Do it! So much juicy stuff comes out in that show.
  • I love Andy Cohen. He is just the best

• Early FFFC - sometimes when DH is gone and I feel like drinking wine alone (most nights), I'll listen to Stassi's podcast because it makes me feel like I'm partaking in girl talk. 

• I record every episode of WWHL and watch them leisurely through the week while I cruise the bump ;)
    This weeks with Scheana Marie was interesting - her eye was bugging the crap out of me!
    I used to think Tom was a catch and now I'm so embarrassed for Ariana, because he is such a weirdo.  Although, I hate to say that I'm not hating on his hair this season.  As douchy as it is, I think it's not SO terrible.  Ugh, kill me.
  • @BreezyBee I can't find a gif with his new hair but.....

• I've never listened to Stassi's podcast! I'm almost scared to. I also think it's irresponsible to support her not-a-career. It would be like buying one of Kristen's t-shirts. Like, girl, you know you need a real job some day, right?
  • @LoveInDC Stassi will find a rich guy to take care of her...
  • @LoveInDC it's not that good, it's just mindless girl talk. But sometimes it pairs perfectly with a glass of wine 

• @haylsbayls Is Stassi's podcast worth listening to? I feel conflicted like @loveindc about whether to support it...

I actually started watching Bravo because of the Bitch Sesh podcast, which is truly excellent. You'll all enjoy it if you enjoy this thread :) It started me watching Beverly Hills, which started me watching VPR. I also started watching New York because of Bitch Sesh. 

• @adirat I wouldn't say it's worth listening to, only if you're bored and have nothing better to do. I just started listening to her friend, Sheena Maninas, podcast called Raw Talk and I love it! She owns a juice bar and is super into natural self care and wellness (two things I try to be better at) and is calming to listen to. 

• aggoaggo member
    edited February 2017
    I just started watching RHOC and only because @heatherdubrow's sn sparked my interest. I skipped straight to season 7 when she's on it and now I'm hooked. I tore through that season in like a week O_O

Who am I, I've never liked reality TV before! Though to be honest I don't know if I would watch without the Dubrows on it haha I'm so obsessed. 

ETA: if any of you ladies ever feel like reminiscing season 7 or beginning of 8 of RHOC I'm here ;) maybe I'll start watching vanderpump, this seems like a slippery hole
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day 

• @ag90 you're welcome.
    im super bummed HD isn't going to be on the next season!
  • @heatherdubrow I wish she had her own show where they just followed her around 24/7 ha
    Anniversary

TTGP March Siggy Challenge: Animals Celebrating St. Patrick's Day