February 2017 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms (2/6)

• Yes totally!! ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Xstatic3333 you're due today right? When are they letting you go until? My appointment/ due date is tomorrow.  :#
  • Yup @homemake, due today. My practice will actually let you go until 42 weeks, and won't offer induction until 41 unless there is another reason to. I won't push too hard into Week 41 though. Something about it makes me nervous. If they want to induce right at 41 I'm cool with that. I could see myself still being pregnant in a week. I am feeling much less in the way of labor signs than most around these parts. How late does your practice let people go?

If we end up in a position to chose our baby's birthday, any thoughts on Valentine's Day? I think it could be a bummer birthday since he would have to spend it doing things for someone else, but H thinks it's a great birthday since he'd have a get-out-of-jail-free card. I always hated Valentine's Day and I think that's coloring my opinion on things. It'll be interesting to see what they say at my appointment. There may not be any choice in the matter. 
  • Yeah I've had no signs of labor either (like not a single contraction and zero dilation) but that's how it was for me when I was pregnant with my first also so I'm holding out hope. My MW said they'd let me go until 41 but I didn't clarify if it could be potentially 41+6 or what. Im pretty sure I'll be figuring that out tomorrow. 

I think I wouldn't intentionally do it Valentine's Day but wouldn't be upset if it ended up that way. I'm not sure how much of a choice they will give us for induction date but at my last practice they would have let me decide based on the doctor I wanted to deliver. Thankfully my water broke and I didn't have to decide. @Xstatic3333

• @Xstatic3333 my EDD is Valentine's Day. Both H and I are hoping she actually comes that day. I think it would be pretty cute. We have never celebrated Valentine's Day though. Maybe for people that make a big deal of it would feel like they were getting gypped out of a holiday.
  • We go in for induction Thursday night and all day yesterday H was having stomach pain. We're not sure if it's a bug or what, but now me and DS are having severe allergies. Nooooooo not now!!! Must clean all things.
  • My EDD is Feb 15. My husband is really hoping to not have a Valentine's baby. We have a really good friend who's bday is Feb 14 and his wife is a big V-day celebrator. So he never gets to have his birthday. It's a running joke among our group of friends. 

We don't celebrate Vday either but that doesn't mean we can stop the rest of the world's expectations regarding a made up holiday. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @Xstatic3333 I hope you go into labor this week! I don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day so I wouldn't mind a birthday on that day but his class may have a party on that day that would overshadow his bday and all the reataurants would always be booked way far in advance. Just something to consider but not deal breakers either way.
  • @Xstatic3333 I'm strongly considering wearing sweatpants to work today - so I say go for it!  I don't want to get dressed anymore!!!!!  
  • My doctor will take me at 39 weeks or later,  so induction next Monday if I don't go into labor before that.   I think it's because he is a high risk doctor and I am a VBAC,  but not entirely sure.   I trust him though and am ready to be done! 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is kinda sexiest of me but I think a vday birthday would be better for a dude than a lady.  I don't know any guys with strong expectations for Valentine's Day but I know a LOT of girls who do and feel like it would be setting her up for a lot of disappointing years later in life :p
    I had that same thought. I wasn't big with the boys in HS or college, and Valentine's Day was always a huge bummer for me. Even though it's a Hallmark holiday, it was still a crappy reminder of my singlehood. I don't think single guys care as much. 
  • I'm also not a fan of V-day but would rather not have my kid share his bday with a holiday if I have any say. H is much more of a romantic than I am but we started a tradition several years ago of getting takeout Chinese for dinner on V-day and I love that. Simple and we can include the kids :)
  • My H and I were discussing if she came on Valentine's Day (due the 21st) and the only thing I have against it would be for the potential person she is dating.   Combining Valentine's and a birthday on the same day, talk about pressure! 

I have always been "eh" about it.  I will do something small for my H, like get a Starbuck's giftcard.  I dont even buy a card. We also end of going out to dinner around the day and say it's for VD, but usually skip that actual day because of the crowds. 

I figure if it happens, it happens.  It would be cute when they are little though or for newborn shots potentially? 

• kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited February 2017
    We're not big vday people, but we do little things to celebrate or just have fun. Like one year I came home from work to find H making homemade heart shaped pizzas and I thought it was the sweetest gesture. I do enjoy flowers though, but I enjoy flowers weekly. I always like having a fresh arrangement on the table if I can.

I personally would not want a birthday on vday because as a girl in high school or her early 20s, it may cause some major disappointments. Then again, it's not like anyone can control having a baby on a certain date. Lol

On a random note: 16 and pregnant is  having some sort of marathon? And for some reason I'm watching. The current episode has a newborn baby crying.. like literally 4 days old and the dad is telling the mom to let the baby cry. Mom is crying and saying she can't let her cry and, she thinks she's hungry. Dad says "it's good for her to cry. Why is she always hungry?". I'm cringing over here. Give the baby some food. Poor kids are clueless and without any guidance. It Makes my heart hurt for them. 
  • Happy birthday @ColeBug89!! 

We don't care much about Valentines Day, and we don't ever pay attention to sweetest day either. Our anniversary is in late March, and that I'm a bit more picky about. We have the same routine every year. I hint to H our anniversary is coming, he doesn't do anything besides vocally tell me happy anniversary, and I have a freak out meltdown lol... then about a week later we go out while the kids are in school and we usually do lunch and some shopping for me. Haha since that's how our anniversary is, I'm glad I don't give a hoot about Valentines Day.

But my brother in law's bday is on Valentines day, and he likes it. I personally wouldn't care though if that was my bday. I don't think it's a big enough holiday to be bothered by having it fall on that day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    Happy birthday @ColeBug89!! 

We don't care much about Valentines Day, and we don't ever pay attention to sweetest day either. Our anniversary is in late March, and that I'm a bit more picky about. We have the same routine every year. I hint to H our anniversary is coming, he doesn't do anything besides vocally tell me happy anniversary, and I have a freak out meltdown lol... then about a week later we go out while the kids are in school and we usually do lunch and some shopping for me. Haha since that's how our anniversary is, I'm glad I don't give a hoot about Valentines Day.

But my brother in law's bday is on Valentines day, and he likes it. I personally wouldn't care though if that was my bday. I don't think it's a big enough holiday to be bothered by having it fall on that day. 
    What's sweetest day? 
  • @homemake it's in October and I feel has the exact same vibe as Valentines Day... when I was getting a link for you, I realized that not all states recognize it lol (I learned something new)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetest_Day

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had never even heard of Sweetest Day until I moved to Pittsburgh (just from the other side of the state).  DH and I don't celebrate SD and keep V-Day low key.  I usually cook something for dinner and he brings me candy or something small (I'm not big on flowers).  I brought up skipping it all this year and DH replied with "yes, thank God".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you @kswiger06

@kirstynikole  I saw that episode of 16 and Pregnant too and was like WTF?! I was also annoyed that the boyfriend would not get a job but didn't seem to help much with the baby either. Teens can really be clueless sometimes and it was sad to watch.

• Definitely @ColeBug89 it was hard to watch. 
  • lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited February 2017
    @kirstynikole And now I know how I'm spending my sick day at home! 
  • lfrank12 said:
    @kirstynikole And now I know how I'm spending my sick day at home! 
    Hahaha dooo it. Someone give into my guilty binge with me.
  • @kirstynikole oh it's already turned on! It didn't take much convincing since one of my guilty pleasure shows is Teen Mom  :D
  • @fourPsinapod and @Janefelicity your kiddos may have been born in January but you are still Febuladies!! with your Febubabies :-)